Unlock your Pulse for $19.99 (~£14)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest glossywhite
I found it strange you posted your offer to John on the forum and not in an e-mail.

P

I find it strange (and worrying) that people expose their whole lives on Facebook... but hey, whatever works. I didn't consider that it matters too much - nothing private has been exchanged. I found it a little odd that John posted parts of our email conversation on here... but noone batted an eyelid at that; which is stranger?!.

Guest Alien*46*UK
I find it strange (and worrying) that people expose their whole lives on Facebook... but hey, whatever works. I didn't consider that it matters too much - nothing private has been exchanged. I found it a little odd that John posted parts of our email conversation on here... but noone batted an eyelid at that; which is stranger?!.

Blimey ... You dont half get very snippy at the smallest of comments chap. Maybe calm down a bit. I'll agree with Paul and say that I also found it a bit odd you posted your proposal on here, but not that unlock posted his issue as he provided a service you hadn't paid for (but now have made up for).

It might be worth removing the proposal off here as some people (yes even if slightly fickle) might feel a bit miffed that they had to pay, whilst you get away with making a fairly simple film.

Guest glossywhite
Blimey ... You dont half get very snippy at the smallest of comments chap. Maybe calm down a bit. I'll agree with Paul and say that I also found it a bit odd you posted your proposal on here, but not that unlock posted his issue as he provided a service you hadn't paid for (but now have made up for).

It might be worth removing the proposal off here as some people (yes even if slightly fickle) might feel a bit miffed that they had to pay, whilst you get away with making a fairly simple film.

I am very grateful to John, but my "fairly simple film" is done professionally on a Mac, and it takes time and also skill, which also costs a lot more money than generating unlock codes. The video is live, anyhow:

Unlock your T-mobile "Pulse"; YouTube ad

Guest psionandy

Maybe he's going to post his professional video later... after everyone has seen the fairly simple trailer he's put up today. But I suppose you don't really get much for $20 these days.

Edited by psionandy

Guest glossywhite
Maybe he's going to post his professional video later... after everyone has seen the fairly simple trailer he's put up today. But I suppose you don't really get much for $20 these days.

Hey - I've had an idea - why don't you make a video!. Considering one of my videos has had over 100,000 views in just over six weeks, I don't think I am failing too much.

Look at the amount of skill & effort that goes into generating an unlock code VS designing a video, laying it out, editing it, exporting it, uploading it, adding the best tags for optimal viewing numbers, I think you are being unfair.

What is it with all this "fairly simple" stuff - feel free to make a better video if you wish - he is getting a worldwide audience for his service, for the handsome sum of £12, coupled with my knowledge of tag-placement, video editing and general aesthetics. This wasn't just cobbled together in Windows Movie Maker dude, but if you feel you can improve my video, then show us what you can do; advertisements should be as simple and concise as possible - you don't need a distracting, confusing feature film of an ad to get your point across. Can you understand the message my video conveys?... yes. Does it do what it is supposed to?... yes. Is it confusing?... no.

Anything else I should know?.

:)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest psionandy
Hey - I've had an idea - why don't you make a video!. Considering one of my videos has had over 100,000 views in just over six weeks, I don't think I am failing too much.

Look at the amount of skill & effort that goes into generating an unlock code VS designing a video, laying it out, editing it, exporting it, uploading it, adding the best tags for optimal viewing numbers, I think you are being unfair.

What is it with all this "fairly simple" stuff - feel free to make a better video if you wish - he is getting a worldwide audience for his service, for the handsome sum of £12, coupled with my knowledge of tag-placement, video editing and general aesthetics. This wasn't just cobbled together in Windows Movie Maker dude, but if you feel you can improve my video, then show us what you can do; advertisements should be as simple and concise as possible - you don't need a distracting, confusing feature film of an ad to get your point across. Can you understand the message my video conveys?... yes. Does it do what it is supposed to?... yes. Is it confusing?... no.

Anything else I should know?.

:)

Did you actually make that documentary that got all those hits, or was it a repost of someone elses work? The other videos in the channel got significantly less views.

Having said that the production quality on that was of 'professional quality'. I was just disapointed that your advert wasn't anywhere near the same standard.

To answer your question, I'd certainly say that the skill in generating an unlock code was significantly higher than producing the commercial, Definaltely more than posting the interview on youtube, but arguably not more than making the full length independent documentary that you reposted on youtube.

Still, If anyone wants to make a similar 'simple video' all you need is a copy of powerpoint a cup of tea and half an hour.

( now I know being done on a mac it didn't use powerpoint... but there certainly wasn't anything in it that couldn't have been done with Windows movie maker and powerpoint) Edited by psionandy

Guest glossywhite
Did you actually make that documentary that got all those hits, or was it a repost of someone elses work? The other videos in the channel got significantly less views.

Having said that the production quality on that was of 'professional quality'. I was just disapointed that your advert wasn't anywhere near the same standard.

To answer your question, I'd certainly say that the skill in generating an unlock code was significantly higher than producing the commercial, Definaltely more than posting the interview on youtube, but arguably not more than making the full length independent documentary that you reposted on youtube.

Still, If anyone wants to make a similar 'simple video' all you need is a copy of powerpoint a cup of tea and half an hour.

( now I know being done on a mac it didn't use powerpoint... but there certainly wasn't anything in it that couldn't have been done with Windows movie maker and powerpoint)

Uhmm, righty ho, Andy - if you say so :) .

If you're using PowerPoint to make YouTube videos, something is terribly wrong. ;)

Anyone's who's opinion on production is worth listening to, will tell you that Mac is the de-facto standard in production of media for print & film. I doubt *ANY* skill is being used to obtain the unlock codes - it is highly likely to be some client software which fetches them from a database server, provided by a third party. At most, the skill is probably clicking a couple of buttons.

This is completely beside the point - I have upheld my side of the deal, and tbh it really has less than nothing to do with you, okay?. Cool.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest psionandy
If you're using PowerPoint to make YouTube videos, something is terribly wrong. :)

Exactly... Thats my point in a nutshell. If you're making YouTube videos that could have been made by PowerPoint something IS terribly wrong.

Guest glossywhite
Exactly... Thats my point in a nutshell. If you're making YouTube videos that could have been made by PowerPoint something IS terribly wrong.

Dude, do me the courtesy of minding your own business please?. This is of no concern to you, and is nothing more than something for you to nitpick over. If you can do better, fine - feel free to fire up your PowerPoint to do so. In the meantime, go and bother someone who cares for your input.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest psionandy
Dude, do me the courtesy of minding your own business please?. This is of no concern to you, and is nothing more than something for you to nitpick over. If you can do better, fine - feel free to fire up your PowerPoint to do so. In the meantime, go and bother someone who cares for your input.

Well you DID ask me

Anything else I should know?
so its a bit rich to complain about getting an answer to the question that you asked... If you didn't think it was any on my business you shouldn't have asked me!

but anyway, in the words of the great philosopher Alien*46*UK

Blimey ... You dont half get very snippy at the smallest of comments chap. Maybe calm down a bit.

Guest Alien*46*UK
Anyone's who's opinion on production is worth listening to, will tell you that Mac is the de-facto standard in production of media for print & film.

We could start to argue about hardware now, MAC's are overpriced foible nowadays ... 3-4 years ago, yes MAC for media all the way ... Nowadays ... I'd get far more power for ££ using "Windows based" kit, and if you miss the MAC GUI then install either a Hackintosh system, or the recent MACOS that uses "Generic" kit. But that's besides the point.

I also agree that the codes will have origionally required some fairly good knowledge to produce the calculator or method used to get the codes, it would of taken a fairly good mathematical and analogical mind.

And not being the business of any one else is the origional point Paul posted at the start of all this ... Perhaps leavig it to just PM's and keeping forum posts to a minimum would have been better.

Anyway, let's leave it there and get the forum back on track. Perhaps Paul will clean this up and leave the thread with it's proper content, not just 3 people bickering at each other (No matter how fun it is :) ...).

Guest glossywhite

:) *sigh*

Mac is an expensive platform, but noone forced me to buy my Mac mini. I prefer GNU/Linux over OS X any day, and use it, but for the moment there are some things that ONLY Snow Leopard has that I need to use, so I am using it. If you're telling me that Windows == *nix based OS', then I have to strongly disagree, as will around 80% of the IT & software geeks in existance... but that is your opinion, and that's fair enough. There are a few instances where I fire up VirtualBox in order to run something on XP, but these instances are VERY few and far between

Regardless of what you have said, I agree; you can get more HARDWARE for your money if you don't buy a Mac, but it is all relative, and they do provide very good value, and are un-rivalled for creative content production, no matter what you say - the creative industries will tell you that, beyond any shadow of any doubt whatsoever. If I wanted a Mac, I'd buy one (and did) - if you're going to knock up a PC, make it Ubuntu or other GNU/Linux distro, not some Frankenstein-esque horror of a hacked-up hackintosh. If you want Mac, buy one - if you don't, Ubuntu is SUPERB!.

As you have said, this is beside the point of the thread, BUT it is in direct reply to you. I mean no harm, I am just passionate about technology - sometimes too much so.

PS: I think you'll find that the unlock codes are just sitting on some database @ Huawei, and have either been sold or stolen (unlikely). The chance that some mathematical genius programmer worked all this out is possible, but unlikely, seeing as I did a gigantic amount of specific Googling on the subject, which threw up the string "Huawei unlock database" many times.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest UnlockPulse

@glossywhite thanks your advice, please do not post that in the forum,you can contact me by email.

yes, code is nothing, but all the code I purchased from TM, so I could not send code free but I can make a best discount for MDC members.

@All From now on, I will send code after paid.

Guest glossywhite
Another pulse unlocked - but I do wish there was an alternative to paypal. I have nothing but trouble with that bunch of ..........

PayPal shall NEVER get any of my money. Fact. They really are scammers.

Guest nuttyphilt
unlocked my pulse for £12.50 (GBP) paid via paypal

fast response took about 15 hours to receive my code, paid for it 2pm got the code next morning 7am

thanks

Exact same for me. Currently using an Australian Telstra SIM...

Ordered yesterday and got today in the morning. Very fast and reliable. Although does anyone know how to copy my contacts over? My old contacts are not appearing at all :)