TG01 SDDL Plus - install ROM in any language

Guest stepw

After hard reset on the calibration screen. connect device to PC open via activesync.

Just put into \windows folder empty file wceload.exe and calibrate your device.

It work for me. Thank to Cotulla. :-D

Good tip, but it gives you less flexibility.

But then again anything can be installed later on manually if need be...

Guest xdalover

It would be great to compare the Italian Rom and the UK Rom in order to identify and remove the Orange apps. The goal is having a clean English Rom

I realise that it's easy to say and difficult to do but......

Best Regards

Edited by xdalover

Guest Rogerkk

Sorry Rogerkk, T-01A seems to work a bit differently. We tried a few things with MinhAnh and made some progress, but T-01A still doesn't accept non-Japanese ROMs at this point. If I manage to find a fix, I'll post an updated version. Chances are it will happen once a WM 6.5 update is released for T-01A though.

Thanks a lot for your interesting in help us Stepw,yo're the guy :D

Guest tra33372

I also have T-01A. Now I could unlock it by using sim unlock but the signal is unstable. However, Japanese language is the biggest obstacle for me.

Even though, I am not good in software programing but I am willing to test and give feedbacks when you release a workable one for T-01A.

"May the force be with you"

Big Thanks

Edited by tra33372

One question for stepw: is sddownloader+ able to load only encrypted ROMs (.tsw) or even .bin files?

It accepts .tsw (which it renames to .enc) and .enc files. .bin is not accepted, because this was not tested. Do you have any .bin ROM images?

Thanks a lot for your interesting in help us Stepw,yo're the guy :D

Welcome

"May the force be with you"

And with you too ;>)

Guest kevinpwhite
pd: how can i access to registry after hard-reset and disable automatic cabs installation?

I've not tried this yet, but I suspect this would be achieved using a destop Registry Editor, such as CeRegEditor (explanation page) - download here.

Regards,

Kevin

@stepw here is .tsw decoder as a result comes bin file http://cotulla.pp.ru/Misc.html it works on phone or WM emu if it can decode maybe someone can get how to encode file :D

TG01 encryption key is not the same as g910 key, so Cotulla's decoder doesn't work for TG01 ROMs.

Until there's a way to enter download mode on TG01 without SDDL, modifying ROM images is a no-no, there's too much risk. A single error could prevent custom ROM from booting and SDDL exe can't be ran to reflash it.

I have just one question before trying this on my German TG01. I have already upgraded to the German WM 6.5 I downloaded from the Toshiba website. Can I just rerun the UK version?

thx

Guest xdalover
Need some help: icons from programs installed on SD are missed.

anybody have this problem too?

Peputinho, I'm afraid that you have had that we call SD card corruption. You are from Spain, as me, so Isuppose that you are still with WM 6.1. Go to some of the corruption memory card threats near here. I'm afraid that this is not your topic..... Good luck

I have just one question before trying this on my German TG01. I have already upgraded to the German WM 6.5 I downloaded from the Toshiba website. Can I just rerun the UK version?

thx

Yes, you can. And if you don't like it, you can go back to German O2 WM 6.5 again.

Guest Moises Leon

tried to upgrade my tg01, when running SDDTool+, the phone reboots and goes back to the lock screen. doesn't seem to go to the bootloader... any clue/hint?. thanks

Yes, you can. And if you don't like it, you can go back to German O2 WM 6.5 again.

Thx. Installed it yesterday and now (finally) have it in English. Funny though how there are slight differences in the German and UK version. Different layouts, background, menus, ...

Also SPBshell looks different on the UK version

Guest Grga001
I have tested it on my T-01A (Japanese version) but it doesn't work! Please tell me how to do??

How do you know if it is "A" version or not?

Is this type sold only in Japan or somewhere else like Italy?

Anybody flashed Italian unbranded phone to ENG?

Tnx

Grga

Any OFFICIAL FACTORY WM6.5 ROM REPOSITORY? (other than toshibas)

Edited by Grga001

tried to upgrade my tg01, when running SDDTool+, the phone reboots and goes back to the lock screen. doesn't seem to go to the bootloader... any clue/hint?. thanks

What's your current ROM version?

Tnx

Grga

Any OFFICIAL FACTORY WM6.5 ROM REPOSITORY? (other than toshibas)

NTT Docomo T-01A is the name for this device in Japan.

There seem to be differencies in TG01 and T-01A ROMs that go beyond Windows Mobile localization...

Guest xdalover
icons ( on programas menu links ) for programs installed on SD are missed now

anybody else have this problem?

Please check my previous reply....(Por favor, mira mi respuesta anterior)

Best Regards

Guest Daro.UK

Can you provide yours phone IMEI (if its debranded one, doesent matter in what language). Can be on private.

cheers