TG01 SDDL Plus - install ROM in any language

Guest stepw

Guest peputinho
Peputinho, I'm afraid that you have had that we call SD card corruption. You are from Spain, as me, so Isuppose that you are still with WM 6.1. Go to some of the corruption memory card threats near here. I'm afraid that this is not your topic..... Good luck

Ok, perdona... no me había fijado. Tengo que formatearla de nuevo ¿no?

Gracias

Guest Daro.UK
UNIVERSAL IMEI:

You can download all available LANG from official site!

http://www.toshiba-europe.com/mobile/Mobil...T%3d0%3bSEC%3d3

Still no unbranded ENG rom.

PM me if you find anything!

Grga

Im so desperate that Ive had trying to guess filenames on Toshiba site ;) No luck, I give up.

But Im sure, that unbranded english rom exist, in preview on Youtube you can find that there are no sign of Orange crap. Also there were another video from Adobe and you can notice on it that rom was based on 6.5.3!

All we need to guess right filename ;)

D.

Guest Daro.UK
after a second try, it worked. thanks.

Ive got an error "SD Downloading Failed. CARD Mount Error"

Its showing after restart with original and patched version of SDDL.

Cant update from 6.1 UK orange to 6.5 ;)

Card works fine on Omnia and in Card Reader, I dont have any other to check

EDIT: Ive got another card and this time its worked fine

Edited by Daro.UK

Guest zerh123

salut am si eu un toshiba tg01. am luat aplicatia de pe site pentru undate de la 6.1. la 6.5 si nu functioneaza.

vad ca tu ai reusit sa rezolvi aceasta problema. ma ajuti si pe mine sau poate nu am descarcat ce trebuie.

acestia sunt pasii:

http://www.toshiba-europe.com/mobile/Mobil...PNT%3d0;SEC%3d3

am trecut imei si am descarcat a acel rom de 180 MB.

salut

Great, great, great!!!!!!!

Now, thanks to your app. I have wm 6.5 instaled on my TG01 From Orange Romania

Thank you!!! ;)

Guest Grga001

Daro.UK

Guessing the file names not so bad idea, but no such files on that server.

WM 6.1 on the first video.

Yes, looking froward to full flash support. (NEW skyfire with WVGA support: http://get.skyfire.com/)

Did you get it to work from WM6.1 to WM6.5 different LANG?

TG01 not so snappy like HD2!

They should put benchmark in Electopia (Attract mode)!

Grga

Guest xdalover
Daro.UK

Guessing the file names not so bad idea, but no such files on that server.

WM 6.1 on the first video.

Yes, looking froward to full flash support. (NEW skyfire with WVGA support: http://get.skyfire.com/)

Did you get it to work from WM6.1 to WM6.5 different LANG?

TG01 not so snappy like HD2!

They should put benchmark in Electopia (Attract mode)!

Grga

....(NEW skyfire with WVGA support: http://get.skyfire.com/)....

Already commented here.

http://www.modaco.com/content/toshiba-tg01...proved-version/

I like it!

Guest marius1970
salut am si eu un toshiba tg01. am luat aplicatia de pe site pentru undate de la 6.1. la 6.5 si nu functioneaza.

vad ca tu ai reusit sa rezolvi aceasta problema. ma ajuti si pe mine sau poate nu am descarcat ce trebuie.

acestia sunt pasii:

http://www.toshiba-europe.com/mobile/Mobil...PNT%3d0;SEC%3d3

am trecut imei si am descarcat a acel rom de 180 MB.

salut

Copii folderul descarcat de pe siteul de mai sus pe sdcard fara fisierul sddl. si in loc de fisierul sdll copii cel de la inceputul topicului adica sddl+ (tot pe card).

MoDaCo's TG01 forum seems to be one of the busiest around, so I figured it would make most sense to make a post here instead of xda-developers forum that I mostly hang out at.

Attached is a custom SD Downloader for Toshiba TG01 that allows flashing any official Toshiba ROMs to localized units. You can now install a ROM with your preferred language (but bear in mind it will come with appropriate customizations specific to the country and services provider the ROM was designed for).

It's fairly straightforward to use - extract an official ROM upgrade package of your choice to the storage card, then run tg01_sddl+.exe instead of tg01_sddl.exe to install it.

This software comes as is and with no warranty whatsoever, use it at YOUR OWN RISK! Installing a ROM that was not intended for your device will most certainly void your manufacturer's warranty, so think twice before you do. Your device may be damaged and it won't be possible to repair it if ROM upgrade fails for any reason (I'm talking bricks). I take absolutely no responsibility for any damage this software may inflict. I also don't commit to provide any kind of support or updates for it.

TG01 SDDL Plus has been tested on my German O2 TG01 and I successfully updated it to English and Italian ROMs available from Toshiba's web-site. TG01 SDDL Plus does NOT perform any modifications/patching of official Toshiba ROM images. If there's any concern about this software, I'd be happy to remove it from this forum and stop its distribution. It was created for educational purposes and I decided to make it publicly available due to a popular demand from TG01 enthusiasts.

That's it for now, I hope you enjoy it and put your TG01 to good use with the language you want it to have :)

It works, tahnk you, WM 6.5 is verry cool.

Guest seadust
Great, great, great!!!!!!!

Now, thanks to your app. I have wm 6.5 instaled on my TG01 From Orange Romania

Thank you!!! :)

i tryed too on orange Romania tg01, i copied the exe file an hit it! , but says "upgrade image not found copy an image to prg folder of the storage card"

so? how does it work then?

Guest maxxpop

download the English rom image from Toshiba website, copy the rom image and sddl+ into your storage card root an hit sddl+, that's all.

should work

Edited by maxxpop

Guest chriswards

Many thanks StepW, my swiss orange tg01 now thankfully working in English.

Upgraded first to 6.5 Swiss german then used StepW's loader to load the UK Orange english version. All working fine (in a microsoft sort of way). Still not convinced that any version of windows does justice to the hardware. Will give the tg01 a good chance but may well put the sim in my old Nokia and use the nokia as a modem for my laptop!

Guest tra33372

Thankssssss stepw

You mentioned that new SDDL+ now works on T-01A and the European ROM cannot be flashed on my T-01A. Then, Orange UK ROM (Eng ROM) can be flashed on my device, isn't it?

Sorry for stupid question but I want to make sure by asking the real professional first :)

Thanks alot again ;)

Thankssssss stepw

You mentioned that new SDDL+ now works on T-01A and the European ROM cannot be flashed on my T-01A. Then, Orange UK ROM (Eng ROM) can be flashed on my device, isn't it?

Sorry for stupid question but I want to make sure by asking the real professional first :)

Thanks alot again ;)

It's a yes and a no, there are issues with UK ROM on Japanese devices that need to be addressed. Until they are addressed, ROMs are not available in the format you can use to install them on either European or Japanese devices. But SDDL+ would allow for that.

Guest tra33372
It's a yes and a no, there are issues with UK ROM on Japanese devices that need to be addressed. Until they are addressed, ROMs are not available in the format you can use to install them on either European or Japanese devices. But SDDL+ would allow for that.

Roger that!!! I'll wait until it is prompted :)

Edited by tra33372

I purchased a Toshiba TG01 with IMEI 359239024603756 from Orange Romania and I wanted to do an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5

problem is that I was stuck on the image of orange and I do not open anything (does not find any operating system), servicing of Romania can not help me that's my fault if I would like a reply may be made something with this phone are only able to give me a rum sal resoftez (not read any USB cable) thanks

post-633965-1262716143_thumb.jpg

I purchased a Toshiba TG01 with IMEI 359239024603756 from Orange Romania and I wanted to do an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5

problem is that I was stuck on the image of orange and I do not open anything (does not find any operating system), servicing of Romania can not help me that's my fault if I would like a reply may be made something with this phone are only able to give me a rum sal resoftez (not read any USB cable) thanks

Looks like installation of foreigh ROMs fails on recently purchased devices. :) The reason is unknown thus far.

For devices that do not have Toshiba's official WM6.5 upgrade available (like Romanian TG01 in your case), there's little hope for recovery, but feel free to PM me to discuss and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by stepw

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like installation of foreigh ROMs fails on recently purchased devices. :) The reason is unknown thus far.

For devices that do not have Toshiba's official WM6.5 upgrade available (like Romanian TG01 in your case), there's little hope for recovery, but feel free to PM me to discuss and I'll see what I can do.

@stepw there is now method to install a rom without SDDL (by shorting 1 and 3 pin hidden under plastic sticker in SIM card slot) is there any progres with decoding tsw or enc roms ? or does TG01 accept bin or any other known format ?