TG01 SDDL Plus - install ROM in any language

Guest stepw

@stepw there is now method to install a rom without SDDL (by shorting 1 and 3 pin hidden under plastic sticker in SIM card slot) is there any progres with decoding tsw or enc roms ? or does TG01 accept bin or any other known format ?

Well, now that this method became public, SDDL+ is obsolete. I encourage anyone willing to flash TG01 ROMs to use pin shorting to enter SD download mode. You need to rename your .tsw to .enc manually to circumvent operator/country check.

Unlike SDDL+ that doesn't allow flashing .bin files, you can actually flash them when entering SD download mode by shorting pins. Wrong .bin file can brick your unit beyond repair, to the point where pin shorting won't work anymore, so be careful!

The format of .bin files is fairly straightforward, but there are no tools to parse it yet, so custom ROM building is not possible. Decoding .tsw files is not an issue, as they are encrypted with DES ECB cypher. If you know the key, you can decrypt them easily.

Hi stepw,

As you said, can I flash Eng rom from orange to T-01A by renaming to .enc and shorting those circuit.

Does anyone try this yet?

No, that won't work.

It takes more than renaming the ROM image file and at least 2 people tried it, but it doesn't work properly.

Now that entering SD download mode via shorting pins became public, SDDL+ is obsolete. I encourage anyone willing to flash TG01 ROMs to use pin shorting to enter SD download mode, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=325

You need to rename your .tsw to .enc to circumvent operator/country check.

English tsw I did rename the file, but in my t01a that file is invalid

See the post right above yours.

Guest hurrywolf
See the post right above yours.

Thank you, but I know shorted 1 pin, and 3 pin, can be flash Japanese rom, I mean, who can cook a Japanese rom or how to flash the English rom。 :)

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...