Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest mejoppa
Hi,

Great ROM!.

The weather though doesn't seem to work for me. It does not update. It just sits there on the Main screen "Updating weather" :)

Anyone got a workaround or something for me?

Thanks

try installing the cab below, always seems to work for me.

Home_Weather_tap_fix_.cab

Guest steff195

@atomaher: I don't know man... it didn't happen to me and I really don't know what you should do.

@aguditu: I also encountered some problems when updating a working colleague's Omnia which was also i908 (I checked the phone's back label)...

PS: You wanted to know where I'm from: I'm from Romania, home of Dracula B)... Why? Wanna share some blood? Just kidding! :)

@bahhbahh: You should have in mind that connection settings are required if you want the update to work.

@Orbit71: If I keep all the apps and shortcuts in my roms, the memory would be like in the standard rom. Which might dissappoint other users who want them out. Please, understand it's hard to please everyone. The sollution could be that I should cook a rom for every user, for everybody to be happy... but that would be a pain in the ... ;)

Anyway, I took notice of your Active Sync wish and I'll add Active Sync shortcut in my next releases. B)

@mejoppa: Thanks for helping.

And now, after replying to you guys, I wanna thank the ones who donated and wanna keep my cooking roms interest alive, and also to the ones who are about donate. :o

btndonatecclgc.gif

Guest rayghost
Thank you for this great ROM 28205

I burned it with my windows 7 and every thing looks nice.... still testing.

One thing is the heat from the back... It is HOT.

Other thing is the active sync is not working for my windows 7, before it was working with your ROM 28014, and even charging with USB connection except in STORAGE Connection it is OK.

Any advice, Pleease.

Hi codo2003, I've tried many times to flash my phone by using W7 and never have been succesful, even after installing virtual XP. Can you please explain how to flash using W7?

Thanks im advance.

Guest Orbit71

Hi Steff,

I understand you – but especially in the Normal Version – where you do not have an application to launch functions like Internet Sharing etc. – we should keep the shortcuts, as they do not use a lot of ROMS ;) .

For real applications which can be easily find (.cab) and installed afterwards - its ok to split it.

Thanks. :)

Guest aguditu

steff and how you solved the problem????

I feel i`m going crazy.

ps ajuta-ma ca imi vine sa-l sparg plzz

dau o sticla de batranu jack poate imi lasi un pm cu id`u tau sa te mai "stresez" si acolo bafta :)

Guest steff195

I don't know, I think he's flashed a certain rom first, then updated to the official DXIA5. When I see him, I'll ask again to refresh my memory.

P.S.: If you're near my town (see under avatar) then we can meet and see live what's happening with your phone and try to solve it. :)

In respect for the other users here, please keep it in english. B)

Edited by steff195

Guest jms2367

Hi steff. The activesync is impt to me also since i manually use activesync over bluetooth. as well as the bluetooth manager in order to pair my omnia w/ my laptop. hope this be included in future releases.

Guest ...angel...

steff

I tried to format and install several times but same problem.

I saw that instead of I900 is I908.

this can be the problem for not working.

how can i edit reg to change that?

thx and sry bothering u B)

ps where are u from :)

What ROM are you using now? If you have i908 then you must flash your omnia to former versions...

Guest d3xt3r
Hi codo2003, I've tried many times to flash my phone by using W7 and never have been succesful, even after installing virtual XP. Can you please explain how to flash using W7?

Thanks im advance.

I recommend using VMWare Workstation , because it has an auto-activate USB function . In Virtual PC , it does not automatically activate de USB connection in the virtual machine so after the restart of the Omnia , the phone will connect to the host computer, not the virtual machine running the update software.

Guest Natsirt
I believe it must be an excelent work - as usual!

One question! Do we have to add something so that we can type in greek?

Have u tried fingerkeyboard Atreidhs? I'm not entirely sure, but that might be able to type in greek.

Guest Natsirt
Master Steff any cab for the taskbar(battery icon, signal icon, 3G icon...)?

Here's a nice battery icon that shows the amount of battery left digitally: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...tus-in-taskbar/

It is compatible with kabkab's 1% battery driver which shows how much battery you have left in 1% increments, instead of the normal default 20%.

Guest bahhbahh
try installing the cab below, always seems to work for me.

thanks mejoppa. it didn't seem to work.

@steff: thanks steff. i had that in mind already.

any other ideas what could be causing this?

Guest xiaocb

dear all do u have the same issue as me?

Batt running very fast after upgrade to 6.5

when incoming call the ring tone on and off have sound sometime the phone is ringing but no ring tone sound coming out from the phone ~_~

Edited by xiaocb

Guest advancedpcs

Hi guys, just a quickie;

What's the [main] difference between the Manilla2D and the normal versions of ROMs?

Thanks in advance.

@steff195 - we can host your files directly on a Lynx server (gigabit+ backbone) for immediate download (no fileshare/rapidshare basically); do you still require a mirror for your files?

advancedpcs :)

Guest Natsirt
Hi guys, just a quickie;

What's the [main] difference between the Manilla2D and the normal versions of ROMs?

Thanks in advance.

@steff195 - we can host your files directly on a Lynx server (gigabit+ backbone) for immediate download (no fileshare/rapidshare basically); do you still require a mirror for your files?

advancedpcs :)

Main difference between the two would be the UI. Manilla2D would have a different look and feel than to the normal version, which uses the titanium interface. If you're unsure which 1 to choose, choose the manilla2d version, as you can always just turn off m2d and use titanium without needing another flash. And with steff's roms, they're all really lite, so you don't have to worry about storage memory. I have all my programs installed and my omnia tweaked to my liking, and i still have 78mb left to install things on device memory.

I find that i like titanium better because it uses up less RAM, which gives slightly more battery life (i think, cant really tell the difference tho)

Guest advancedpcs
Main difference between the two would be the UI. Manilla2D would have a different look and feel than to the normal version, which uses the titanium interface. If you're unsure which 1 to choose, choose the manilla2d version, as you can always just turn off m2d and use titanium without needing another flash. And with steff's roms, they're all really lite, so you don't have to worry about storage memory. I have all my programs installed and my omnia tweaked to my liking, and i still have 78mb left to install things on device memory.

I find that i like titanium better because it uses up less RAM, which gives slightly more battery life (i think, cant really tell the difference tho)

Thanks, appreciated. Will try the M2D variant then :)

Guest steff195

@aguditu: don't know man, I'm an amateur in this, maybe you should contact a professional. But I remembered I've flashed DXHJ1 first and then install the preffered rom. Search this forum and give it a try. You don't have anything to lose anyway...

@George_red_storm: To answer you: no. But why do you need a cab when it's already in rom?

@xiaocb: I'm satisfied with the battery life on my roms, the battery lasts as the original DXIA5 rom... I use the Normal version.

Now, about that problem with ringing, you have to put some files (mp2, wav...) into My Storage directly and then go to Sound settings and select it from the list. Original files have been removed by me, and that's why the phone doesn't know which file to play when receiving a cal...

@Natsirt: I also consider that the Normal version consumes less power as it has more free ram than the M2D version. It's normal to act this way. :)

@advancedpcs: I would be delighted if you mirrored my rom files. But only if you say it's easier for everybody to download, otherwise it's pointless. B) Thanks!

EDIT: updated the first post with new mirros provided by advancedpcs. Thanks again!

Edited by steff195

Guest advancedpcs

ROM is great, thanks steff. Have noticed the backlight keeps reducing to 50% and the auto or manual features don't have any affect. Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks

Guest steff195

I myself don't have that problem, but everyone else is invited to check it out... I'm surprised why that wouldn't work...I didn't touch that part of the rom. :)