Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest bkr9108
Hi guys, sorry for late reply but I was caught by a hell of a flu, fever and stuff... :P

To answer your questions:

1. Video call is network dependent... you should contact your operator for a video call plan.

2. I don't know about chinese input or viewing...this is an english rom... but I guess you can make some fixes/addition... this is windows, after all, everything is possible. :rolleyes:

3.yes, you can, you'll have to modify (in Notepad) LS_LockScene_240x400.cpr file found in /Windows; for landscape just reverse the figures from 240x400 to 400x240.

It is weird, it should show your sim's settings...

Thanks, I appreciate the effort; I added them to the 1st post. <_<

thousand thansk and take care.........

Guest steff195
hii steff,,,, unfortunately,, cheksum failed,,,now omnia wont start <_<

is there anything i can do????

The cause of this might be the incomplete download or archive unpacking problems. Try to download the archive again... maybe try another link... you have plenty now. :P Checksum happens when archive's got problems. Then, restart your flashing process. Don't give up hope, nothing happened to your phone... just keep your calm and you'll fix this. :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Guest Johnny Red

Hi Steff,

first of all thanks for sharing your effort with us and for your support. I just installed 21689 Lite Build 3599. I must say it's a very good rom, exactly what I'm looking for, but I too got a problem with my operator settings. During first boot after flashing, I didn't get the familiar message: "New sim detected <Provider name>...do you want to set the parameters of <provider>?" (or something similar to this) I used to get with every other rom. I checked provider under Settings>Connections>Operator settings and the combo is empty. NoData, reads as a operator "3glab" (WAP, WEB) MMS which is not my operator. As a result I'm having trouble connecting to the internet through GPRS/3G. I tried reinserting the sim card, no good. Reflashing didn't help either. Another sim card is not handy atm to try.

Any ideas?

In any case this is a very nice rom. Thanks again :P

[EDIT] Forgot to mention that I can make and receive phone calls normally and my operator is appearing as it should in phonecalls. Oh, and one last thing, my OMNIA is not branded/jailbroken [EDIT]

Edited by Johnny Red

Guest steff195
Hi Steff,

first of all thanks for sharing your effort with us and for your support. I just installed 21689 Lite Build 3599. I must say it's a very good rom, exactly what I'm looking for, but I too got a problem with my operator settings. During first boot after flashing, I didn't get the familiar message: "New sim detected <Provider name>...do you want to set the parameters of <provider>?" (or something similar to this) I used to get with every other rom. I checked provider under Settings>Connections>Operator settings and the combo is empty. NoData, reads as a operator "3glab" (WAP, WEB) MMS which is not my operator. As a result I'm having trouble connecting to the internet through GPRS/3G. I tried reinserting the sim card, no good. Reflashing didn't help either. Another sim card is not handy atm to try.

Any ideas?

In any case this is a very nice rom. Thanks again :rolleyes:

[EDIT] Forgot to mention that I can make and receive phone calls normally and my operator is appearing as it should in phonecalls. Oh, and one last thing, my OMNIA is not branded/jailbroken [EDIT]

I don't know what's happening, but I get all the operators available from my country, including mine, in the operator settings menu. The "New sim detected <Provider name>...do you want to set the parameters of <provider>?" message should appear after the 2nd boot (not the 1st), after XDA_UC installs the 3G Test file and reboots the phone. After this 2nd boot you should wait a few seconds and the message should appear. I know it did to me on every rom tested. Even if you missed that message (or even dismissed it on purpose), on the first Operator Settings menu access that message should appear again and give you the chance to have the settings. I attached some pictures as a token of my sincerity. I'll try to figure out though why this problems appears to you. :P

P.S.: You might say that the screenshots is from another rom, since mine is from 29020 and you used 21689, but since it works on the latest rom, it should surely work on the previous versions too. I didn't change the recipe; on the contrary, I cleaned the latest released roms of some files (none have anything to do with your problem) and from the screenshot you may see that this didn't affect even the latest rom, not to mention the previous... I hope you understand what I'm tryin' to say. <_<

post-442647-1306360677_thumb.png post-442647-1306359651_thumb.png post-442647-1306360467_thumb.png post-442647-1306360473_thumb.png

Edited by steff195

Guest leap_ahead
Hi Steff,

Any ideas?

In any case this is a very nice rom. Thanks again :P

hi my friend ..try this HTC Connection Setup from Ock Post ..

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest Johnny Red

Dear Steff,

first of all i never questioned your sincerity :P Of course I believe you!! I'm just trying to figure out what happens to my phone.

Here's an update: I removed the SD card since GarminXT autorun may have made me overlook the operator settings message and after a few hard resets done patiently this time :rolleyes: I finally got the sim card recognition and the provider COSMOTE GRE info (I'm from Greece) and this time under operator settings I got the 3 choices for Greece (Cosmote, Vodafone, Wind). I thought that should do the trick but alas, my torture ain't over yet. <_< No GPRS internet... I went to Settings> Connections >Connections (as in your attached photos) and everything is blank. No settings there as I expected to find since the COSMOTE GRE should have been applied. I tried to manually install network modem,dns, domain etc. but I actually don't know what I'm doing because I never had to setup anything manually before in other roms I used (these settings were applied automatically - in fact I never went through these screens before).

The bright side is that I've taken a step to the right direction (I got the operator settings right) :(

Any feedback is welcome.

@leap_ahead: HTC Connection Setup didn't work for me pal. When I run the program only the word "Countries" appears and nothing else to choose from. I'm a man with no country :D

Guest leap_ahead
Any feedback is welcome.

@leap_ahead: HTC Connection Setup didn't work for me pal. When I run the program only the word "Countries" appears and nothing else to choose from. I'm a man with no country :rolleyes:

lol :P

Guest rew2

Help please!

I'm trying to install apps (ex-Phone Remote Control) to remote control the pc over bluetooth and none of them are working. I'm using the lite rom version and 2 java clients: sun javafx and jbed. I receive this error -javax.microedition.io.connector.bluetooth.client missing - What can i do? Other java apps are working fine, the problem appears when i lunch this apps wich uses the bluetooth.

Thanks!

Edited by rew2

Guest Besho992
The cause of this might be the incomplete download or archive unpacking problems. Try to download the archive again... maybe try another link... you have plenty now. :rolleyes: Checksum happens when archive's got problems. Then, restart your flashing process. Don't give up hope, nothing happened to your phone... just keep your calm and you'll fix this. <_<

Good luck!

hi steff195,,,,,tnx for advice,,,it worked,,, everything its great now,,,btw. cool ROM,,, very fast and stable... :P

Guest steff195
Dear Steff,

first of all i never questioned your sincerity :rolleyes: Of course I believe you!! I'm just trying to figure out what happens to my phone.

Here's an update: I removed the SD card since GarminXT autorun may have made me overlook the operator settings message and after a few hard resets done patiently this time :( I finally got the sim card recognition and the provider COSMOTE GRE info (I'm from Greece) and this time under operator settings I got the 3 choices for Greece (Cosmote, Vodafone, Wind). I thought that should do the trick but alas, my torture ain't over yet. :D No GPRS internet... I went to Settings> Connections >Connections (as in your attached photos) and everything is blank. No settings there as I expected to find since the COSMOTE GRE should have been applied. I tried to manually install network modem,dns, domain etc. but I actually don't know what I'm doing because I never had to setup anything manually before in other roms I used (these settings were applied automatically - in fact I never went through these screens before).

The bright side is that I've taken a step to the right direction (I got the operator settings right) :D

Any feedback is welcome.

Try to switch between operators, then switch back to yours, wait a little and then you should have the settings.

Help please!

I'm trying to install apps (ex-Phone Remote Control) to remote control the pc over bluetooth and none of them are working. I'm using the lite rom version and 2 java clients: sun javafx and jbed. I receive this error -javax.microedition.io.connector.bluetooth.client missing - What can i do? Other java apps are working fine, the problem appears when i lunch this apps wich uses the bluetooth.

Thanks!

I don't know what to say about this. Sorry!

hi steff195,,,,,tnx for advice,,,it worked,,, everything its great now,,,btw. cool ROM,,, very fast and stable... :P

There you go! <_<

Guest seisman
Try to switch between operators, then switch back to yours, wait a little and then you should have the settings.

I don't know what to say about this. Sorry!

There you go! :P

steff

you ignored my comment , if it is possible to release a rom with your theme and all you modification on it

this will be great

Guest viior
try this HTC Connection Setup from Mr.Ock ..

Thanks leap_ahead for the advice!

Tested but not with success!

I took steff's advice, as well:

- to switch between operators - no chance to do it! It can see different operators but not allowed to select,

Now, that I'm back in my country, I'll try the trick with changing of the card as soon as I'll reach Operator's Office.

I asked an operator assisstent from Vodafone about the above trick - he hadn't any ideea if it'd work!

I had to input the settings manually!

I'm writing this reply from Omnia!

Cheers!

Guest viior
... Vodafone operator and eventually ask them to change your sim. Older sims may not have the internet settings included.

Hope this helps. Keep us informed! :D

Thanks for the help Steff!

I tried to switch between operator - no chance to get it done!

I'll try to change the sim card as soon as I'll reach the Operator's Office!

I asked an operator assisstent about this if it'd help but it above him this info.

I tried also leap_ahead's advice with HTC conn. manager - no success!

I had to go manually with the settings.

This reply is done from the Omnia.

All the best!

Guest steff195
steff

you ignored my comment , if it is possible to release a rom with your theme and all you modification on it

this will be great

No, it's not possible... too much things to do, and... WAD2 is not free. :D

Thanks for the help Steff!

I tried to switch between operator - no chance to get it done!

I'll try to change the sim card as soon as I'll reach the Operator's Office!

I asked an operator assisstent about this if it'd help but it above him this info.

I tried also leap_ahead's advice with HTC conn. manager - no success!

I had to go manually with the settings.

This reply is done from the Omnia.

All the best!

I'm sure you'll get it done. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seisman

No, it's not possible... too much things to do, and... WAD2 is not free. ;)

steff , you can use the trial version and every one know what do :P

steff , you are one of the best chief , why donot you end up your windows roms by the best ever , so it will be as your legacy

Guest prisoner_45

hi ! When i installed this rom in my device, i cant send and recieve messages with sim card.

is there any solution to this problem?

help me:)

Edited by prisoner_45

Guest Zeroblade

hi steff i'd just like to ask if the shake function to disable/enable/toggle screen on Nitrogen player is working on your latest build??

TIA

Guest steff195
Hello Steff,

is it possible to disable CW7 Locksceen if I want to use S2U2?

THX

Installing S2U2 automatically overwrites the default lockscreen. I myself use this app also and have no problem with the default lockscreen.

steff , you can use the trial version and every one know what do B)

steff , you are one of the best chief , why donot you end up your windows roms by the best ever , so it will be as your legacy

When I cooked the latest builds I moved from the Windows 7 look to the default Windows Mobile one, to make it closer to the original as much as I could. Why should I bother to cook a new rom based on WAD2 and with a Windows 7 theme? One can easily install that program afterwards, and change to that theme from settings. It's not that big deal.... it takes more time for me to cook it than it does to you to install it. XDA_UC can easily do it for you after flashing. :D

hi ! When i installed this rom in my device, i cant send and recieve messages with sim card.

is there any solution to this problem?

help me:)

I don't know what to say here. Try a hard reset, maybe a reflash... I can definetely send/receive messages.

steff, man, when a new rom is coming ... started a little slow to come to this rom. (: (:

No new builds came out... the only thing that I can do is to "remix" the latest ones; to play a little with my kitchen and maybe release new versions. ;)

hi steff i'd just like to ask if the shake function to disable/enable/toggle screen on Nitrogen player is working on your latest build??

TIA

Yes. The same recipe was used this time also. ;)

how enable-active-change world clock (second clock)?

I don't know if I'm the person to tell you that. You should give it a search on how to use that program. :)

Guest Knife70

[v29020 normal]

It's about a week I am using it. Quite stable, and power saving. :)

I have only noted, two 'minor' problems:

1) when selecting 'send text message' from a phonebook contact, the message 'To:' field is filled in this (wrong) way:

"\"<surname>; "<name>" <phone number>

You have to fix this in order to send the message.

2) I cannot find, the option page to configure the lock screen: wm65, ....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest amel90

Hello Steff

Could you please update your last ROM with HTC Connection Setup? (Sure I can install it additionally but in your last ROM it become's buggy, explanation: when I open it there's nothing, no countries nor cities).

And for my operetor ( Bosnia & Herzegovina - BH Mobile) there's no way to make internet or mms working in other way, believe me, I tried.

I guess when Connection Setup is cooked in it works normally.

Amel90

Guest bunnybell

Hi Steff,

Again many thanks for the hard work and effort..I would like to ask your advice on two things please.

1. I am unable to recieve or send picture messages. I have all the setting from my operator (o2). all are install to o2 specs but still nothing. All i get when trying is "unable to send/recieve due to an unknown error" At present I am using version build 29020. Is there anything that you can add to allow this????

2. Is there a wider keypad available for this phone for texting. Fat fingers and skinny keys dont work well together. If there is would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction and also how to install...

I would really appreciate if you could shed some light on this as its driving me mad.

Once again thanks for the time, effort and hard work...It is very much appreciated...

Best Regards,

Bunnybell