Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195

@sis651: thanks, I added your mirrors;

@ozs: yes, I thought of that myself, but I thought most of the people appreciate the percentage one. I'm not going to recook the roms only for that. You can easily use the cab provided by nero24.

You can install this cabwm6bat_solid_qvga.cab

thanx man!..

however this qvga will still work for wqvga?..

@sis651: thanks, I added your mirrors;

@ozs: yes, I thought of that myself, but I thought most of the people appreciate the percentage one. I'm not going to recook the roms only for that. You can easily use the cab provided by nero24.

i'ts good enough.. thanx again!..

Guest steff195

thanx man!..

however this qvga will still work for wqvga?..

it's good enough.. thanx again!..

Yes, it will work for WQVGA as we are interested in the width (240)... but I just tested this cab and I must tell you that this isn't the original Wm 6.5.x. battery... this is solid icon, the original has some bars.

Guest Betimig

this rom is very fast and good design etc but i have a problem internet is not working at all i connect to wireless or via active sync but cant use internet it says go to internet settings i go there i config how it should be (like in wm 6.1 but wont work again at all)

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPp

Guest steff195

@Betimig: I don't know what to say... only that Wi-Fi, Active Sync and GPRS are working fine to me. I'm using the last Normal version. Now, if they work to me, they should work to you also, there are the same files, right? :D Recheck everything... change the phone part, don't know what to say, honestly. :)

Guest thunderc8

this rom is very fast and good design etc but i have a problem internet is not working at all i connect to wireless or via active sync but cant use internet it says go to internet settings i go there i config how it should be (like in wm 6.1 but wont work again at all)

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPp

I had the same problerm as you, even after hard reset still no internet.

But i found the solution you have to input the settings manualy go to settings, connections and if you have any connection delete it and after click add new conection and choose gprs, where it says number input your provider settings and after that when it asks for username and password leave them blank.

e.g

For my provider which is vodafone greece i clicked add new conenction i choosed gprs where it says number i input my provider settings which is "internet.vodafone.gr" then clicked next after i leave the username and password blank and click finish. Now you should have internet.

Guest xuanlam2010

hj steff195!

thank sss! i am using rom lite v2 , it very good; but ...

1- I want add app " world clock " (i don't like up v normal) , can you share file "world clock .cab" for me?

2- I am install jblen java but it not work, you have file jblen java .cab working on your rom? ( i don't like jbed java)

Can you help me?

Thank very much.....

Guest ShamroQ

I sure wish I knew how you guys are flashing this because Octans doesn't seem to work with this ROM for me. all I see is a Eboot.nb0 file and a Bin file and the eboot file shows an error and won't open in Octans. Any help will be appreciated. Also I don't see any tutorial as mentioned earlier for this ROM anywhere. I'm using Windows 7 by the way.

Guest koloft

@koloft: I don't know what to say, I use the Wi-Fi everyday and don't have a problem.

Hi people and Steff :)

it turns out my Wi-Fi problem rises from our router-modem. so there nothing wrong with this rom's wi-fi. it's working great in fact!

just thought I should report this :)

Edited by koloft

Dear sir :

How to enable W6.5 auto lock after phone idle ?

thanks!

To reach this setting:

Start Menu -> Settings -> Personal -> Buttons

You so reach a screen to set 'Program Buttons' (Main Menu, etc.). The title bar is active, it means you can reach other settings by pressing upper right or upper left corner. Press upper left corner, you reach 'Wake up' settings screen. Make last selection active by pressing the small square titled 'When device is.../...' and 'Any button' is my choice to wake up device (or make your proper choice, anyway, it's your phone). Press OK, it's done!

'hope, it'll help!

;-)

Guest Tissot18

To reach this setting:

Start Menu -> Settings -> Personal -> Buttons

You so reach a screen to set 'Program Buttons' (Main Menu, etc.). The title bar is active, it means you can reach other settings by pressing upper right or upper left corner. Press upper left corner, you reach 'Wake up' settings screen. Make last selection active by pressing the small square titled 'When device is.../...' and 'Any button' is my choice to wake up device (or make your proper choice, anyway, it's your phone). Press OK, it's done!

'hope, it'll help!

;-)

Thanks, it's work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ImbaDaimon

Could anyone give me a guide, how to install 29020 Normal for Windows 7 rom at my Windows 7 Ultimate OS?

Are there any tutorial? Which apps i need and how to perform it?

Edited:

Just done this with USDL GrandPrix v1.6.4 VISTA ;)

Edited by ImbaDaimon

Guest winmo123
Thanks Steff - brilliant Rom..got my i900 flashed and working great..just have few problems...suddenly my touch screen is acting wierd..i am unable to click the right most buttons.when i click them the button before it in row gts selected..now thinking it could be digitizer problem..i tried selecting the finger mouse but it didnt work either..apprecite your help in this...
Thanks again for such great rom...

Guest winmo123

Thanks Steff..your ROM is terrific..for the touch screen problem, I tried couple of solutions from internet and now working alright. I just have the last problem..the finger mouse does not work..its just the 4 way navigation which is working..do you have any .cab which might help..

Path:: settings>>System>>Finger Mouse

Most probably it's the touchscreen's fault. For me and the others the roms work just fine.B)

Guest Múrcielago93

Hello EveryBody !

I'm French and i flashed my SPA :)

Your ROM is awesome but .. I have a Problem With the Wifi, It's connected but i cant go to internet :(

Guest steff195

@winmo123: fingermouse doesn't work on any of the custom roms out. It needs new drivers. You should know that by now. :D But in 6.5.x. you don't really need the mouse, in 6.1. you needed it. ;)

@murcielago93: trust me, it works... I use it all the time. :D

Edited by steff195

Guest PJ_Omnia

Hi Steff!

Have a question, hope u can help me. Not many chefs left for SGH-I900.

The 10% battery driver and the pictures for the battery indicator on notification bar, where can i find the pictures and ad new pics?

Have 1% battery driver but pics are only 10% so sometimes it shows a bit strange.

Thanks in advance!

With regards