!!!!!!!UPDATE (8-2-2010) WITHOUT DRIVER WORKS NOW( tomtom working without gpsgate for i900)

Guest weirdo

:( ;) ;) :D

ok guys the best post u ever read lol (FIX IN 15 SECONDS OR LESS)

i managed to make tomtom working on omnia i900 without gpsgate portsplitter gpsproxy etc

working for all versions tomtom ok nowwwwwwwwww....................................... :P

first install this driver in device !!!!

GpsModDriver.rar

set in windows

gps program port com 2

hardware com 9 baudrate 9600

acces manage gps automatically

then reset device

back in windows fire on tomtom

select gps other nmea gps

baudrate 9600

then select gpsmoddriver

and in less then 10 seconds your satellites are blue

i have 6 satellites in my room indoor ;)

ok have fun cya.............................................................................

......................................>>>>>>>>>>>> :P

................................................................................

................................................................................

UPDATE 8-2-2010

tested this reg tweaks worked for me without any driver

also internal gps works :D :D (INTERNAL GPS COM3 GUYS) AND ALSO SUPERFAST FIX YEHAAAA

I installed TT7.917, but this wasn't enough to make it work without GPS Proxy, so I searched the internet and I found this on a German web site, and it works for me on my Omnia i900!!:

Change these settings in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

The rest is the same as the usual GPS and TomTom settings. I used com port 4 (and 9 for hardware), but you can probably use any other port that hasn't been assigned yet.

Here are the links to the site I found:

http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/samsung_i900..._7_omnia-4.html

http://www.gsmfreeboard.com/showthread.php?t=194983

A big thank you to whoever figured this out :-)

a big thx for doi620 who posted this

Edited by weirdo

Guest Fizz_daz

had problems installing on mine.. came up with a message about setting a default com port in the registry after the reset... GPS totally screwed now after soft reset...

had problems installing on mine.. came up with a message about setting a default com port in the registry after the reset... GPS totally screwed now after soft reset...

SIMPLE UNINSTALL DRIVER SOFTRESET DONE

Guest Fizz_daz

ah... it won't uninstall either.. having to restore from a backup.. also why is there two cab files and a zip file in the above?

Edited by Fizz_daz

Guest Heintraag

Downloading now. Installing later this evening. Wil let you know if this is indeed the holy grail for Tom Tom usage on the i900 :D. Thanks.

Update 23:38: Downloaded the cab file. Installed TomTom. Setup the gps settings and badabing badaboom.. it is working. Perfectly i might add.

Thanks Weirdo. This adds value to the i900!

Cya

Hein

Edited by Heintraag

for me this fix doesn't work...tomtom start,recognize gps, but don't satellites...

and i can't uninstall the gpsdriver cab! :D

TRY gps program port com 2 IN WINDOWS TRY ALSO OTHER PORTS

SOMETIMES IT USES OTHER PORT

:( :D :D :D

ok guys the best post u ever read lol (FIX IN 15 SECONDS OR LESS)

i managed to make tomtom working on omnia i900 without gpsgate portsplitter gpsproxy etc

working for all versions tomtom ok nowwwwwwwwww....................................... ;)

first install this driver in device !!!!

GpsModDriver.rar

set in windows

gps program port com 2

hardware com 9 baudrate 9600

acces manage gps automatically

then reset device

back in windows fire on tomtom

select gps other nmea gps

baudrate 9600

then select gpsmoddriver

and in less then 10 seconds your satellites are blue

i have 6 satellites in my room indoor ;)

ok have fun cya.............................................................................

......................................>>>>>>>>>>>> ;)

Yes works for Omnia 2

Thanks heaps. Been looking for a solution for a long time

Guest abigtrashcan

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried doing the install on my omnia i920 with TomTom 7 installed. I installed it on the card, and when it loaded it gave me the error "Driver did not autoload, Com Port number is not assigned Soft Reset, and the look in Registry".

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried doing the install on my omnia i920 with TomTom 7 installed. I installed it on the card, and when it loaded it gave me the error "Driver did not autoload, Com Port number is not assigned Soft Reset, and the look in Registry".

Any help would be great.

Thanks

look in this thread for problems :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=571266

Edited by weirdo

Didn't work for me either. Got the same as Fizz_daz. Installing said incomplete and asked me to check registry entry; without telling me what registry entry to check. After soft reset tried both COM2 and 3 wtihtout success. TT find GPS fine but always gives 'Poor reception', same as always. It also did not uninstall completely and i had to use my backup.

IG8 ofcourse works perfectly without any portsplitter or registry hacks, simply works the way it should.

Guest dragon_usa
Didn't work for me either. Got the same as Fizz_daz. Installing said incomplete and asked me to check registry entry; without telling me what registry entry to check. After soft reset tried both COM2 and 3 wtihtout success. TT find GPS fine but always gives 'Poor reception', same as always. It also did not uninstall completely and i had to use my backup.

IG8 ofcourse works perfectly without any portsplitter or registry hacks, simply works the way it should.

hey wierdo, if you know the solution for registry porblem, please tell us. cause the page at xda fourm is like over 200+ pages. can't find it .

thanks