!!!!!!!UPDATE (8-2-2010) WITHOUT DRIVER WORKS NOW( tomtom working without gpsgate for i900)

Guest weirdo

Guest Paulo Sows
;) ;) :P ;)

ok guys the best post u ever read lol (FIX IN 15 SECONDS OR LESS)

i managed to make tomtom working on omnia i900 without gpsgate portsplitter gpsproxy etc

working for all versions tomtom ok nowwwwwwwwww....................................... :(

first install this driver in device !!!!

GpsModDriver.rar

set in windows

gps program port com 2

hardware com 9 baudrate 9600

acces manage gps automatically

then reset device

back in windows fire on tomtom

select gps other nmea gps

baudrate 9600

then select gpsmoddriver

and in less then 10 seconds your satellites are blue

i have 6 satellites in my room indoor ;)

ok have fun cya.............................................................................

......................................>>>>>>>>>>>> :(

You are de men!!!

Thanks man work great!

Chears from Portugal!

Guest silverite83

yup. I am wondering about battery life too. Port SPlitter worked well and I can keep it running in the background but battery life suffers as well as unit becomes warm so I only switch it on as and when I need it. Does this work on the same logic?

;) ;) :P ;)

ok guys the best post u ever read lol (FIX IN 15 SECONDS OR LESS)

i managed to make tomtom working on omnia i900 without gpsgate portsplitter gpsproxy etc

working for all versions tomtom ok nowwwwwwwwww....................................... :(

first install this driver in device !!!!

GpsModDriver.rar

set in windows

gps program port com 2

hardware com 9 baudrate 9600

acces manage gps automatically

then reset device

back in windows fire on tomtom

select gps other nmea gps

baudrate 9600

then select gpsmoddriver

and in less then 10 seconds your satellites are blue

i have 6 satellites in my room indoor ;)

ok have fun cya.............................................................................

......................................>>>>>>>>>>>> :(

Witch file of the three?

Guest pilvince911

Do you guys know why my I8000 tomtom 7 only works after I reboot ? I don't have GPSgate or anything else installed and it locks within 20 secs. Weird...

Guest hollowyo

I drool over two days to run the damn gps without success with gps gate or port splitter I have one word to say thank you guy

that work very fine with this driver thx again weirdo :)

Guest juntad

after LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG period of misery with portsplitter, gpsgate, pgsproxy etc...

THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!!

confirmed working, thanks go out to the programmer and to weirdo for reporting this!

Guest ganzeegeezer

Just for information people, I've tried all the fixes I could find to get Tomtom working on the wife's i900v; GPSGate, PortSplitter, GPSModDriver, GPSToggle, various ROMs, nothing worked. Tried installing IGO8 and it worked almost immediately with no fixes :)

Tomtom doesn't appear to be fully compatible with the i900 despite what you read elsewhere but other software is. It took me three days of trawling forums and reloading ROMs to find this simple fact out.

Good luck to the guys and gals who have got it working but IMO forget Tomtom on this phone it's more hassle than it's worth.

Ganzee Geezer B)

Guest leon0000
Just for information people, I've tried all the fixes I could find to get Tomtom working on the wife's i900v; GPSGate, PortSplitter, GPSModDriver, GPSToggle, various ROMs, nothing worked. Tried installing IGO8 and it worked almost immediately with no fixes :)

Tomtom doesn't appear to be fully compatible with the i900 despite what you read elsewhere but other software is. It took me three days of trawling forums and reloading ROMs to find this simple fact out.

Good luck to the guys and gals who have got it working but IMO forget Tomtom on this phone it's more hassle than it's worth.

Ganzee Geezer B)

I will say no hassle for me, with GPS Mod Driverl, tomtom work great on my i900.

Guest tazcom

It works great,BUT the time in my tomtom is different then in my phone.It's not syncronized.

The time starts with the good time,but during the navigation it jumps forward.

Anyone else this problem???

Greetz Taz

It works great,BUT the time in my tomtom is different then in my phone.It's not syncronized.

The time starts with the good time,but during the navigation it jumps forward.

Anyone else this problem???

Yes, I also have this same issue...

I get a fix quite quickly using this driver, but the position is not very stable... Most of the time, it's just constantly moving from one street to the other one, altough I get 7 or 8 sats... Anyone else with the same experience? Is it linked to this driver, or linked to the quality of the internal GPS of the i900 ?

Well, i have another problem.

When i set COM2 port in windows gps settings, after a soft reset it comes back to COM4. I hope i was clear.

Can anybody help me?

Works Like A Charm :)

But ehh, it refreshes kind of slow, i drive like 100 meters, and then it update's. It doesnt go fluidly with me. Like my old car nav did. (That was a Renault Nav Software)

Yes, I also have this same issue...

I get a fix quite quickly using this driver, but the position is not very stable... Most of the time, it's just constantly moving from one street to the other one, altough I get 7 or 8 sats... Anyone else with the same experience? Is it linked to this driver, or linked to the quality of the internal GPS of the i900 ?

i never have problems to get sats but always this problem in time error.

any guy knows how to fix this?

Guest GodDamage

I think the topicstarter should clearly state that he's NOT the developer and the link must be updated to the 1.51 version. The old version is prone to installationproblems and is a pain to uninstall.

If anyone has done some finetuning and made it work okay on a Omnia i900, please share your settings as my TomTom is jumping back and forth.

Guest zabique32

Anyone know where in REG I can find:

1.gps program port com 2

2.hardware com 9 baudrate 9600

3.acces manage gps automatically

I would like to include these changes in GpsModDriver_138.cab installer file.

What do you think?

cheers