!!!!!!!UPDATE (8-2-2010) WITHOUT DRIVER WORKS NOW( tomtom working without gpsgate for i900)

Guest weirdo

Guest GodDamage
Anyone know where in REG I can find:

1.gps program port com 2

2.hardware com 9 baudrate 9600

3.acces manage gps automatically

I would like to include these changes in GpsModDriver_138.cab installer file.

What do you think?

cheers

I think you should check the topic of the person who made this app on XDA. (just google gps moddriver) Why the hell do you want to change this dated version?

Guest JohnNy_

Thanks! :)

I installed your driver on my I8000, TomTom works perfect now! Only a few seconds and i've got a good satellite connection B)

Running TomTom 7.916.9192 and Secany's I8000NXXJA1.

Thanks for this, finally working without the battery draining portsplitter B) gps lock within a couple of sec

@ ALL HAVING TROUBLE TO INSTALL

I had the error after install and solved it by downloading the latest version of this app v1.51 from XDA (GpsModDriver_151.cab)

To remove the older version I did a hard reset (was flashing a new rom anyway)

Then I installed the v1.51 GpsModDriver and chose 'Device' as install location ('My Storage' gave me the same error)

It should find your gps details automatically

Just change your gps in settings->system->external gps to com2 and 9600 baud, to sync with TomTom

You can check if GpsModDriver is working by launching it from the programs menu and checking if it displays numbers and possibly sattelites. If so, all should go well when you select the 'GpsModDriver' as your 'Other NMEA Reciever' (and of course 9600 baud)

Thanks again to the creator of this app! Gonna sell my normal TomTom right away :)

Guest Emexrulsier

Im not convinced you lot purchased tomtom ...

the torrent version needs gps gate etc because it was a rip from an HTC phone and can't communictly correctly with the omnia buy it though it it supports the Omnia inbuilt gps receiver without any need for any external software.

Guest downjones
Im not convinced you lot purchased tomtom ...

the torrent version needs gps gate etc because it was a rip from an HTC phone and can't communictly correctly with the omnia buy it though it it supports the Omnia inbuilt gps receiver without any need for any external software.

this is simply not true! I have an original version and it does not work with i900!

Guest ascot17

This is by far the best fix for TomTom I have seen! I struggled for a month to get TomTom working on my Omnia - this did the trick in about 5 mins!!

I too have had some issues with position jumping & eratic flow. It is much better with the 151 version than the 138 version however - worth following the link (4 posts above) for the newer version. (I had to hard reset to get v151 to work).

I still have an issue with the time jumping if I try to use the TomTom 'Arrival Time' in the status bar display. If I am stuck in traffic for 5 mins, my older version of TomTom (v6 on an XDA IIi) would just add 5 mins to the arrival time. This version seems to calculate a new average speed. While stationary, my arrival time gets MUCH further away! I think this may be a function of the GPSModDriver algorithm. Anybody have a solution.......??

I bought TomTom 7.917 directly fror TomTom. However, TomTom could not get a fix. Technical support from TomTom told me there is a hardware difference between Omnia i900 mobiles: on some TomTom works, on some it doesn't. However, using GPSProxy it always works...

Guest Chivas610

After using gpsgate etc. I tried the registry entries, and it worked!!! ;) :D bye bye battery consuming drivers/progs :(

Btw: I got the O2...

Edited by Chivas610

Guest Junoman

Try the following settings and it works like charm! I can confrim that. wow..... ;) :D

I bought TomTom 7.917 directly fror TomTom. However, TomTom could not get a fix. Technical support from TomTom told me there is a hardware difference between Omnia i900 mobiles: on some TomTom works, on some it doesn't. However, using GPSProxy it always works...

Thank you so much for this! lol

UPDATE 8-2-2010

tested this reg tweaks worked for me without any driver

also internal gps works :D :( (INTERNAL GPS COM3 GUYS) AND ALSO SUPERFAST FIX YEHAAAA

I installed TT7.917, but this wasn't enough to make it work without GPS Proxy, so I searched the internet and I found this on a German web site, and it works for me on my Omnia i900!!:

Change these settings in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

The rest is the same as the usual GPS and TomTom settings. I used com port 4 (and 9 for hardware), but you can probably use any other port that hasn't been assigned yet.

Here are the links to the site I found:

http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/samsung_i900..._7_omnia-4.html

http://www.gsmfreeboard.com/showthread.php?t=194983

A big thank you to whoever figured this out :-)

a big thx for doi620 who posted this

Guest tingchung_chin

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

not work for Garmin XT, i got only hang and need to soft reset and reverse back to original value, else, continue hang. any fix for Garmin XT user?

Guest Zpecter

This trick doesn't work for Garmin XT nor NDrive, they hang up at startup.

Edited by Zpecter

Guest ascot17
:D :( :D ;)

Working for me (Omnia i900 / TomTom 7.910) !! Thanks!

Guest emporto

Sorry for this question but I really and seriously curious about wht you prefer Tom Tom incase of Garmin ?

Garmin Mobile XT already works perfect for Omnia i900, is there an advantage of Tom Tom for Omnia ?

Regads