!!!!!!!UPDATE (8-2-2010) WITHOUT DRIVER WORKS NOW( tomtom working without gpsgate for i900)

Guest weirdo

Guest johnny_b

Hi, anybody figured out how to make Tomtom work on Samsung GT-B7300?

I tried all fixes suggested for Omnia, dont work, even GPSgate says "GPS data but no position"

thankx in advance for any advice

Guest ice lander

Hi to all i have igo8 and i tried this fix and the other with deleting the log files and noticed that my gps finds fast the satelits but they are all yellow on the igo8 the signal is good but i think it can`t connect with the satelites? so anyone with IGO8 or anyone could help me because i changed 5 roms in 2 days and i can`t resolve the problem...so friday i`m flying to Amsterdam and i need this badword igo working properly without extra data enabled ..so guys please help sad.gif

PS what sleep on no data value to put for the IGO ?

Guest Nicklashidegard
Hi to all i have igo8 and i tried this fix and the other with deleting the log files and noticed that my gps finds fast the satelits but they are all yellow on the igo8 the signal is good but i think it can`t connect with the satelites? so anyone with IGO8 or anyone could help me because i changed 5 roms in 2 days and i can`t resolve the problem...so friday i`m flying to Amsterdam and i need this badword igo working properly without extra data enabled ..so guys please help sad.gif

PS what sleep on no data value to put for the IGO ?

For IGO8 there no need for this fix, i always use igo8 without problem "straight out of the box".

Guest ice lander
For IGO8 there no need for this fix, i always use igo8 without problem "straight out of the box".

without any fixes any editings? nothing?

edit: couse i want to use the igo without extra data download and without any internet connection

Edited by ice lander

Guest Nicklashidegard
without any fixes any editings? nothing?

edit: couse i want to use the igo without extra data download and without any internet connection

Yeah, no probs.. Just make sure that IGO is set to look for the GPS in port3, it should work ok.. I've never had any problem on any rom :)

Guest jh787
Yeah, no probs.. Just make sure that IGO is set to look for the GPS in port3, it should work ok.. I've never had any problem on any rom :)

Hi

I have done all the tricks/tweaks under the sun and finally i have managed to get my Omnia2 working with tomtom version 7.917.9186 without any splitters etc

It is on set up for com 2 but i have to set it up via "other nmea receiver".

baud rate is 4800.

I have done a few registry hacks.

hklm\system\currentcontrolset\gpsintermediatedriver\samsunggpshardware\inputbuffer=1024

hklm\system\currentcontrolset\gpsintermediatedriver\samsunggpshardware\outputbuffer = 512

hklm\system\currentcontrolset\gpsintermediatedriver\samsunggpshardware\retrywaitonerror= 0

hklm\system\currentcontrolset\gpsintermediatedriver\samsunggpshardware\sleeponnodata=0

hklm\system\currentcontrolset\gpsintermediatedriver\multiplexer\maxbuffersize=20480

I hope this will be of some help.

Guest Geomig
;) ;) :P :)

ok guys the best post u ever read lol (FIX IN 15 SECONDS OR LESS)

i managed to make tomtom working on omnia i900 without gpsgate portsplitter gpsproxy etc

working for all versions tomtom ok nowwwwwwwwww....................................... :D

first install this driver in device !!!!

GpsModDriver.rar

set in windows

gps program port com 2

hardware com 9 baudrate 9600

acces manage gps automatically

then reset device

back in windows fire on tomtom

select gps other nmea gps

baudrate 9600

then select gpsmoddriver

and in less then 10 seconds your satellites are blue

i have 6 satellites in my room indoor :P

ok have fun cya.............................................................................

......................................>>>>>>>>>>>> B)

................................................................................

................................................................................

Hi all

Works great on omnia 2 with WM 6.5.

Install latest version 2.10 of GpsModdriver in the device and it will tell you what port to use (my case port 4).

I'm using Ndrive with internal samsung default GPS and TOMTOM using GPSmod by selecting GPS NMEA.

Thanks

Tomcat

Guest Dacari13

Where do you get TomTom?

Hi all

Works great on omnia 2 with WM 6.5.

Install latest version 2.10 of GpsModdriver in the device and it will tell you what port to use (my case port 4).

I'm using Ndrive with internal samsung default GPS and TOMTOM using GPSmod by selecting GPS NMEA.

Thanks

Tomcat

Guest jh787

Has anybody tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

There are various other settings that can be played with and tried out but this setting alone got rid of the only flaw i could find in the Omnia2.

Please see post 95 in the following thread for my registry settings which give me a very fast fix with excellent accuracy.

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/275659/...0/#entry1238381

Edited by jh787

Guest weirdo
Has anybody tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

There are various other settings that can be played with and tried out but this setting alone got rid of the only flaw i could find in the Omnia2.

*#1472365# also works on i900 :P

Guest xhans

Excellent post I can finally get tomtom to work on my I900.

Steps i took were as follows

• Install the gps driver mod
  • soft reset
  • Run gps driver mod
  • Press Menu / System
  • Uncheck all radio buttons, set sleep time to 100
  • press save
  • Wait to see if gpsmod can see and fix satelites

Then I opened up TomTom and completed the following

• change preferences
    • show gps status
    • Configure - Other NMEA GPS Receiver
    • GPS Baud Rate - 57600
    • Com Port 1
    • Wait 30-40 sec for the satelites to show up and fix position
    • click done

Then I was able to use tomtom correctly. I think you have to run gpsmod each time the phone is reset / powered down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Posturas

Hi all!

The registry settings also worked great on my i8000.

Thank you very much!

However, I'm curious:

Anyone knows what does "SleepOnNoData" do?

If SleepOnNoData==0, will the GPS be always awake?

Once more, thanks! :huh:

Guest msmeB7610

HELP!

I've changed my registry setting a few months ago and tomtom worked perfect on my B7610.

Unfortunately since yesterday i can't get any reception anymore, it is searching but can't get a fix.

I read on handy-faq.de that someone else has the same problem on exactly the same date!?!

Perhaps samsung has changed something, i don't know.

Please help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest eamomac

:D :P :P :)

ok guys the best post u ever read lol (FIX IN 15 SECONDS OR LESS)

i managed to make tomtom working on omnia i900 without gpsgate portsplitter gpsproxy etc

working for all versions tomtom ok nowwwwwwwwww....................................... B)

first install this driver in device !!!!

GpsModDriver.rar

set in windows

gps program port com 2

hardware com 9 baudrate 9600

acces manage gps automatically

then reset device

back in windows fire on tomtom

select gps other nmea gps

baudrate 9600

after i do this i cant :

'then select gpsmoddriver'

there's no option to do that. just COM2, 5 or 9... no moddiver

i installed the moddriver but dunno whats happening... any help you could bestow upon me?

Thanks

Guest Pigot

Well many thanks, 'cause it works for me on my i900 using DXIA5/DXIF1 (ROM/PHONE) on customROM by steff195

First of all, I've not installed gpsmoddriver, I've only modified my device Registry as explained below.

According to other similar instructions on the Internet, it's also canceled the recording of log files by modifying:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver

MaxLogFileSize give a value of 0

OldLogFile clear path and filename

CurrentLogFile clear path and filename

After a soft-reset, I've tested the embeded utility by typing *#1472365# on the dialpad, and made a try on TomTom 7.910.xyz (other NMEA GPS), and TaDaa...

For those testing often new cooked ROM (as I do), here is my trick to make it simple, by recording all usefull registry modifications in a .reg file

1) Install Tascal RegEdit (TRE), or any similar program

2) Choose to 'import' i900_GPS4TomTom.reg content to your i900 Registry

3) Soft reset or, restart your device

4) Excuse my poor english skill

5) Enjoy!

I attach a Rar archive enclosing TRE + i900_GPS4TomTom.reg... even simpler ;-)

Regards, Thierry

------------ BEGIN -----------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver]

"MaxLogFileSize"=dword:00000000

"OldLogFile"=""

"CurrentLogFile"=""

"IsEnabled"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware]

"SleepOnNoData"=dword:00000000

"RetryWaitOnError"=dword:00002710

"OutputBufferSize"=dword:00000200

"InputBufferSize"=dword:00000200

"CommPort"="COM9:"

"FriendlyName"="Samsung GPS Card, version 1.0"

"InterfaceType"="COMM"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer]

"MaxBufferSize"=dword:00000400

"DriverInterface"="COM3:"

---------- END -----------

TRE_i900_GPS4TomTom.rar

Edited by Pigot

• 3 weeks later...
Guest msmeB7610

Finally got tomtom to work on my B7610, super!

A few remarks

- when tomtom is working the phone is getting really hot, so hot that it can, perhaps, damage the phone.

- it sometimes takes a while to get a fix, ca. 10 min.

- it seems not so accurate, i've already done all the reg. changes.

Is there a solution for these remarks.

Greets

Guest scaie

So... I've been using the i900 for two years now, used Steff's rom, now recently cooked a nice original 6.1 dutch version (too bad it starts up with a horrible t-mobile screen with even more annoying sound). I just need that optic fingermouse to browse sites and be extra precise. Anyways. So I'm back on 6.1 using the DXIF1 radio. Next up: GPS.

So I've got iGO8 and TomTom 7 Version 7.915.9196 (bit of a struggle to get those maps to work, but I figured it out), but now I'm stuck with no reception apparantly.

I get a proximate guess at startup and then suddenly loses everything. Did everything exactly the way it was described in the openingpost. Messing around with ports, but no joy.

Curious if there are any more suggestions. It's been a long night. I'll try again during the day, maybe these late hours just cracked me up. :(

• 5 weeks later...
Guest lotuxete

Hi,

I'm having problems with TT7 7.917 & Omnia 2. I've successfully installed TT7 and GPS Mod Driver 3.20. TT7 can find gps satellites really fast, but after it works very laggy (slow). I mean... it show my position in map only every 1-2 seconds. In consequence driving became quite hardly with TT.

I've tried almost everything. I've activated Xtra, I've made some registry tweaks, I've change the COM port, speed, etc., but TT7 is always very laggy. The programmer of GPS Mod Driver said that it's a problem of the TT gps management, and there is no solution. In his words: "TT will be always laggy".

Anyway in this threat I can read that TT7 works well for you on Omnia 2.

¿Any Help?

Thanks.