• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

swype on i910 works !

35 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Pardon my noobness.. Finally got a rom I love (Rob Storm's v11) , so I installed the cab above..

I cant get it to turn on.. I went into personal - Input - Changed it to Swype.. hit ok.. test.. nothing..

go back in, still set to samsung keyboard.

Just to let you know, I have now updated to Version 12 (28014), which I now cook in Swypr. It works in both portrait and landscape. I also leave in the custom black Samsung keyboard as well. I use UPX compression on my EXT's which allows me to include both and still have the same free memory available as if I only had one cooked in.

Here is the link to my ROM thread. If there are any other requests for future ROMS, please leave them in the ROM thread.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...rom-version-12/

Rob Storm

;)

Posted · Report post

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to adjust the keyboard UP? It's covering my buttons on the bottom of the screen.

Posted · Report post

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to adjust the keyboard UP? It's covering my buttons on the bottom of the screen.

It was designed for the older UI. Until they put code in to the keyboard to follow the adjustment reg setting you will have to live with it. ;)

Posted · Report post

We see you have re-packaged our software and are distributing it. We are glad to hear that you guys like Swype, but we are obligated to state that we don't condone such activity nor support the result. Naturally those of you asking for new languages and features should wait until we launch a device in your market. Obviously, we won't support unlicensed versions of our software.

One might ask why we don't just release the .cab file ourselves and save everyone the hassle. The reason is that we have spent seven years building Swype and we want to try to make a living selling our software. That means someone needs to pay for it. Thus far, our business model is OEM licensing. We do plan to get to direct-to-consumer distribution but it is a different sort of business and thus it is hard to say when.

In the meantime, enjoy using Swype and please look out for a better, more integrated, and legal version coming soon to a phone near you.

Regards,

The Swype Team

PS. Our lawyer has asked us to remind everyone about copyright infringement and to inform you that Swype reserves all of its rights.

Posted · Report post

I am using the swype in Rob Storm's 28014 ROM. I am having a problem in that every time I soft-reset my i910, it resets the kbd to samsung. In order to set it back to swype, it makes me run through the tutorial every time. Anybody else having this problem?

Any ideas of how to fix it to a soft-reset does not set the kbd back to samsung?

Thanks...arniep

Posted · Report post

RE: SWYPE , Lawyers , Distribution.... ;)

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL BUY ;)

Excellent Product

;) ;)

Posted · Report post

google my friend google

Posted · Report post

I bought a new Omnia 2 verizon.. but i there no swype on it and the 3d cube. Is there an link that sill working?? thanks!!

Posted · Report post

I bought a new Omnia 2 verizon.. but i there no swype on it and the 3d cube. Is there an link that sill working?? thanks!!

Are you running a custom ROM? Did you buy the phone new from Verizon?