• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

TG01 keyboard

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Has anybody found a more responsive keyboard for the TG01 there was something on 4winmobile about a windows mobile 6.5.3 having a new keyboard?

Edited by Jammie

Posted

I'm sure someone will port one of the newer keyboards over for general use before long, but in the meantime it may be worth looking at TouchPal . It is a paid-for app, but currently only $9.75 and has a lot of superior features regarding word selection and mistyping errors.

I've used it since its early days and still find it the best for my needs- it suited my TG01 well, and I even prefer it to the HTC KB on my HD2.

Posted

I'm sure someone will port one of the newer keyboards over for general use before long, but in the meantime it may be worth looking at TouchPal . It is a paid-for app, but currently only $9.75 and has a lot of superior features regarding word selection and mistyping errors.

I've used it since its early days and still find it the best for my needs- it suited my TG01 well, and I even prefer it to the HTC KB on my HD2.

I agree with you. TouchPal is one of the best keyboards . And it suits perfectly on TG01.

Posted (edited)

You guys should seriously consider trying SWYPE. It was recently ported over from the Omnia 2

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...m/297340/swype/

;) It doesn't work on mine. Corrupted graphics. I think that because this app must be exclusively for WM 6.5 and I'm still on WM6.1....Please confirm.... (I suppose you have tested it on TG01 , Isn't it?)

Edited by xdalover

Posted

i have a TG01 With WM6.5 Orange FR ROM :

Swype works greatest but i need translate the predict text because only US english and Espagnol !

4864842009_12_10_08_02_01_0010_111g.png

Posted

I can highly recommend Finger Keyboard 2, used it in my last 2 windows phones, it's freeware too! Use SIP change to change Finger Keyboard to your default keyboard.

I've uploaded both programs for you.

More details are here from the xda site: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=501122

Enjoy!

Yes, it's a very good keyboard, with skin and a lot of function.

The best for our TG ;)

Posted

i have a TG01 With WM6.5 Orange FR ROM :

Swype works greatest but i need translate the predict text because only US english and Espagnol !

cant get it to work on my tg01 wm6.5 i can select it to use but nothing shows up HELP

Posted

cant get it to work on my tg01 wm6.5 i can select it to use but nothing shows up HELP

Same to me.

I have WM 6.5 Orange English with HD2 3D driver.

I can make the gestures and get a result, but without seeing the keyboard I can't correctly type words.

Posted

the file here is qvga and it does not show on tg01's wide screen. u should download vga version. I am sure I saw it it around in some other thread here on modaco. u should do a bit of searching.

Posted

the file here is qvga and it does not show on tg01's wide screen. u should download vga version. I am sure I saw it it around in some other thread here on modaco. u should do a bit of searching.

Have you succeeded to install Swype on TG01? If yes, how did you make it?