[ROM] LEO2-FUSION Beta 1/ HD2 feel in I8000

Guest rodrigofd

Guest protochip
This is what I have found out. I have read previous posts that with this firmware the device was not able to auto dim and go to sleep mode. Some of you might say that "pressing the lock key to switch off screen" is a quick and dirty solution.

However I found out that this is not the case. For those who are familiar with the S3C6410 overclocking tool, once you set a clock speed (e.g. 980Mhz, that's what I set. Phone became super smooth), the speed will reset once you either lock the screen or leave the phone on idle for auto sleep.

For this firmware though, whatever you do to make the phone sleep, the clock speed which I have set does not reset (stays at 980Mhz) which means the phone will run on maximum performance all the time. This might explain why the battery drains quickly.

Dear bluhound,

Also same here. I set my speed to 460x2 and it remains at 920 mhz even i go suspend and back. thats nice for me with this rom because S3C6410 tool cant hold the overclocked speed after suspend with secany's XXIL2.So we have an advantage here. With 920 mhz i feel smooth operation.

Also for the mem, with favorite hackings, application i disabled dialer skin and put CleanramV190 level 3 shortcut to the startup of windows. Now with fresh boot, i have around 60 mb of free ram.If i need some ram, i rerun Cleanram which i also add shortcut to the home screen of manila.

For the battery issue, i set brightness to low thats helps so battery power save and sometimes it is useful for degrade of graphics because of 65k colors.

Although this rom is in first beta stage, i keep it for daily usage even there are lots of bugs but this is normal and it is very promising. Thanks for the efforts...

It is wonderful to see the same weather animations as my Nweather application for nokia series 3 which i code it with python language almost 1 year ago.

Kind Regards,

Edited by protochip

Guest gchris7
ok my bad .. yes the Heli video runs jerky and slow.. so basically Touch Player has the following:

i) No DivX/Xvid support

ii) Poor performance on stock videos

iii) Landscape mode doesn't work properly.

Ok, i guess its not just me then. Its strange though how no one else reported this bug while its a serious one. You basically cant watch videos anymore. Youtube app also has same issues.

I think video playback and the auto lockscreen not working are the biggest issues at the moment imo. If those can be fixed it would be great.

Guest Eurosportler
any idea how to alter ring volume?? the volume button only alter system volume..

Go to manila settings -> sound & display -> Volume

there is an option to get a too level slider. one for ring and the other for system.

The one level slider should change both to the equal setting.

BTW: this ROM is really amazing! thank you rod, you made my day ;)

testing it now for two days and everything runs smooth (execpt the listet bugs)

wifi router is working nice, only some graphic issues.

greetz

Guest acastiyo

Hello to all,

I have to say that to be the first ROM ported from the HTC HD2, it is a miracle that everything works so well. It is a great and amazing job from Rodrigo of course.

I was thinking I would see a much worse performance, but everything works quite well, with some bugs, but all of them minor. With feedback from community, more people involved and some tweaking here and there, this is going to be a great ROM for our Omnia 2.

I will keep using it and posting any problems and solutions I can find. At the moment most of the things I tried work very well: radio, tweeter, google maps, menus, music, wifi... so I am really happy and pleased with it. But of course this is not a ROM to use as a daily one just yet, although I am sure it will be.

Cheers and congratulations to Rodrigo.

Guest demalmar

Hi Rodrigo. First of all. I've been searching for your work from some time ago. You probably saw my mail I sent you on youtube! Well. So far... You already probably know that my phone is a Samsung Omnia HD. This mobile is a very good hardware, with a poor software (symbian). The point is: I actually think this rom is not compatible with HD, cause it uses symbian base, thats right? (I really dont, know). But as it, is a powerful mobile, and HD2 interface could be run there with no problems. I know. You have just finished this one. And you want to make this rom better, with no bugs, plus, I have no rights to ask you about this... but, rodrigo, do you think there is a chance to get this interface for the omnia HD?

Y ahora te escribo lo mismo en español para que lo entiendas mejor! ;) Bueno, pues eso, que soy el que intentó ponerse en contacto contigo a través de Youtube. Llevo buscandote la pista desde entonces y te he localizado al fin! Y como te decía.. tengo un Omnia HD pero... con un software terrible. Se que estás muy muy liado con la Rom actual, y que quieres mejorarla (es comprensible!). Pero también sé que eres la única persona que dado lo que has hecho, podrias implementar la interfaz del htc hd2 en el omnia HD...

Por favor comentame si prefieres que te hable en español, y tu parecer al respecto. Muchas gracias, aunque no pueda disfrutar de la Rom, pero se que tu aporte no tiene precio.

Un saludo!

Guest rodrigofd
Hi Rodrigo. First of all. I've been searching for your work from some time ago. You probably saw my mail I sent you on youtube! Well. So far... You already probably know that my phone is a Samsung Omnia HD. This mobile is a very good hardware, with a poor software (symbian). The point is: I actually think this rom is not compatible with HD, cause it uses symbian base, thats right? (I really dont, know). But as it, is a powerful mobile, and HD2 interface could be run there with no problems. I know. You have just finished this one. And you want to make this rom better, with no bugs, plus, I have no rights to ask you about this... but, rodrigo, do you think there is a chance to get this interface for the omnia HD?

Y ahora te escribo lo mismo en español para que lo entiendas mejor! ;) Bueno, pues eso, que soy el que intentó ponerse en contacto contigo a través de Youtube. Llevo buscandote la pista desde entonces y te he localizado al fin! Y como te decía.. tengo un Omnia HD pero... con un software terrible. Se que estás muy muy liado con la Rom actual, y que quieres mejorarla (es comprensible!). Pero también sé que eres la única persona que dado lo que has hecho, podrias implementar la interfaz del htc hd2 en el omnia HD...

Por favor comentame si prefieres que te hable en español, y tu parecer al respecto. Muchas gracias, aunque no pueda disfrutar de la Rom, pero se que tu aporte no tiene precio.

Un saludo!

Hi delmar, ... and i am sorry to give you a negative answer. Don't you ever dream of having an HD2 port to a symbian phone.. i can't think of any way such thing could be ever possible, aside from HTC itself releasing binaries for such OS (they did some similar job with Android, but i suspect they dive into symbian).... the most you could get, i suppose, is some kind of Symbian-GUI themed to imitate HTC Sense/Touchflo .... ;)

Guest casualt

RODRIGO!

I wish i had a i8000 now.

When is the B7610 version expected? Next year? just kinda wanna know a time frame, I'm chopping at the bit.

PLUS THIS IS A EVEN BIGGER QUESTION??????????????

what if I want to go back to factory settings if I dont like sense????

just a question IS IT POSSIBLE?

again when is the b7610 community going to be able to join you peoplein all the glory?

Hi there RFD,

this is a message i posted somewhere else. Just want to say, thanks and i have shown some gratitude (check paypal 10USD)

i am a chinese - english speaking person, but i have no knowledge of cooking, i am sorry ;)

But i will donate a small gesture to show my gratitude .. *paypal has landed*

There is a saying ; alot of small bits create a big pile of bits

I am waiting to be surprised by your efforts!

so people, don't just talk the talk, but walk the walk, give this great guy some to buy a beer or 2.

jorem

Guest rodrigofd
RODRIGO!

I wish i had a i8000 now.

When is the B7610 version expected? Next year? just kinda wanna know a time frame, I'm chopping at the bit.

PLUS THIS IS A EVEN BIGGER QUESTION??????????????

what if I want to go back to factory settings if I dont like sense????

just a question IS IT POSSIBLE?

again when is the b7610 community going to be able to join you peoplein all the glory?

Hi Casualt...

I believe aprox. when i have a more stable and reliable I8000 version, i'll deal with some B7610 version ... if you don't like sense and want to go back , the best approach would be to flash an original ROM for example... You can already backup your current ROM to your PC, and turn it into a flashable ROM if you want to go back... i'll explain it to you B7610 community once i deal with it, if no one else did it by that time, already.

Guest John Peers

Hi Rodrigo, I have a strange problem, my wifi connection doesn't work, The device detect my network and connect perfectly, but internet explorer don't work and the weather no update nothing, but with the gprs connection all working normally, any solution? I flashed the L2 phone and your PDA only. Thanks four your effort and consideration.

Te comento en castellano porque tengo un ingles muy malo. Mi wifi no funciona, se conecta con normalidad tras detectar todas las redes disponibles, pero una vez conectado correctamente abro internet y no navega y la pestaña del tiempo no se actualiza en cambio a traves del gprs si funciona todo. Hay alguna solucion? flashee con solo con la parte phone y pda L2 como tu aconsejaste. Gracias de antemano por todo tu esfuerzo y dedicacion desinteresada. Actualmente tengo intencion de seguir con tu beta para un uso diario funciona muy bien.

Edited by John Peers

Just use version 2.6 beta (dl link is on post #4 in the xda's post)

Is there other way of turning off that animation? Because this tool removes all the animations, but I like the transitions between basic today and quick link list etc... when I switch to lite mode then the whole thing goes crazy - lock screen won't display, when I lock the device with the HW button then the main menu wont even load... Isn't there some registry key that I can change to make the weather animations go away?

EDIT: I found answer myself: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]

"Home.WallpaperMode"=dword:00000002

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5113898)

Edited by aa007

Guest superdarkyaya

Flash this afternoon and 8 hours later, nothing to déclare !!!!!!!No lags, sensitivity is fantastic, reactivity very fast !! ;)

I've set my internet operator connection and every things are working ! No bugs for me Rodriguo !!!! ;) I love you Gringo !!!!

I've just put your link on my forum (without mirror !) and if my members detect another problems, i'll put them here immediatly........ (sorry for my poor english guys !!!!!)

EDIT : I've found a little bug : I had assigned a fonction (file explorer) to the lateral button but, when i make a soft reset, this fonction vanished !! And this is the same for the "favorite" photos albums..

Another thing : I've disconnect every soft with data connection (meteo,hours,twitter,facebook...) and i don't understand, this connection is already active !! Do you think I've forgot one soft ?

Thanks Master R

Edited by superdarkyaya

Guest tekkenshu7

hi there RFD,

very great work I must say. I've been watching the clip you made and really want to try this one out.

I have one question though:

Will I be able to flash back to the normal ROMs again? I wanted to know because I just want to try this and might want to get back to the normal ROM until this one reaches a much more stable version. Thanks and more power!!!

Guest superdarkyaya
hi there RFD,

very great work I must say. I've been watching the clip you made and really want to try this one out.

I have one question though:

Will I be able to flash back to the normal ROMs again? I wanted to know because I just want to try this and might want to get back to the normal ROM until this one reaches a much more stable version. Thanks and more power!!!

Only need to flash the CSC and PDA parts with any rom you like..

I think we have an agreement? Then how comes this happended:

"3) ROM is based on official WM 6.5 I8000XXIL2 ROM. WM build didn't change for now, so it is the same as original ROM, build 5.2.21876."

Guest rodrigofd
I think we have an agreement? Then how comes this happended:

"3) ROM is based on official WM 6.5 I8000XXIL2 ROM. WM build didn't change for now, so it is the same as original ROM, build 5.2.21876."

ROM is based on official IL2, rom, DUMPED rom, which is the actual true, actually. I didn't cook my rom using a downloaded or sent file from anyone. I cooked based on a binary dump from my own phone... I don't understand how that inccurs in agreement... ;)

Guest monyozt
ROM is based on official IL2, rom, DUMPED rom, which is the actual true, actually. I didn't cook my rom using a downloaded or sent file from anyone. I cooked based on a binary dump from my own phone... I don't understand how that inccurs in agreement... ;)

maybe this agreement bro... CMIIW

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1123650

Oh, I think you misunderstand. I am not asking cookers to hide informations. I asked them PUT THE INFORMATION ONTO A TXT FILE and zip it together with the ROM. I have to ask this to protect myself. I am giving what I have, and I have to have my safety, right? And of course, if someone can upload the ROMs, it will be a pleaseure for me.

So, rom cookers, what you think about my idea. If you say YES, then newer ROM will definitely release to public on Tuesday (as Monday someone said will upload L1).

Edited by monyozt