ANDROMNiA - Android for the Samsung Omnia

Guest whiplash000

Guest DarshanSuvarna

Haven't been seeing a lot of progress with the andromnia...I wonder if the project has continued elsewhere? I have been following the progress for quite some time, and its been a while since anything happened.

Could anybody shed some light on the progress.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rulzart
Haven't been seeing a lot of progress with the andromnia...I wonder if the project has continued elsewhere? I have been following the progress for quite some time, and its been a while since anything happened.

Could anybody shed some light on the progress.

It seems the project has been discontinued for the time being.

Here is a quote from andromnia.net forum:

The people who were working on it have no free time to work on the project. I have college to worry about. xsacha has a phd to earn. And Sonique has basically disappeared. Personally, I have my eye on the HTC Incredible, but that's just me. Maybe some of us will have free time in the summer, but until then, the project's on hiatus until further notice... sorry.

The internet's always here to teach you programming. Learn Linux inside and out, learn about android, and learn about embedded device development and you can single-handedly finish the project yourself! I'd personally give you a massive chunk of the donation money (~$200 plus a chunk of the bounty, also another ~$200) if you managed to make significant progress to the project. This goes for anyone else too so if anyone wants to take control of the project, I'll be around!!

Guest DarshanSuvarna
It seems the project has been discontinued for the time being.

Here is a quote from andromnia.net forum:

Thank you Rulzart, I am not that great with programing, so I will leave it to someone who is capable of doing it. Too bad that it will take longer for any progress.

Will keep checking for any possible activity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest bigfoune

hello! between doing application development for mobile phone, and wanting to make a phone compatible with a system whose resources are imcompatible(not insufficient) just imcompatible to give a correct result "there is a big difference! the omnia i 900 is an incredible phone ! but exceeded! we're all the same, we hope! , That is normal! But if you look inside the i900 is missing a lot of things (hard disk, processor etc. ..) to satisfy our desire of seeing applications that today's date .. ! Every minute things change, we find something at every moment! And developers at Samsung also .....

Wait between November and March I think we'll be surprised

• 2 months later...
Guest gheorghe vasile

Good news and thank you for your interes in this project. wait for your news.

hi guys

sorry that i had no time for andromnia since xmas 2009.

now i have more time and i will spend a few hours on this project again...

FeLLa

Guest mihaidenis
hi guys

sorry that i had no time for andromnia since xmas 2009.

now i have more time and i will spend a few hours on this project again...

FeLLa

u better forget it.

omnia hardware is too low for

a pleasant experience with android

Guest dragonmatahari
+1.000.000!

so this is an example for to determined which category we are in.. user who just using somebody else innovations or enstuiasm that wanted something more base on something they believe.

hey bro.. once Wright brother's being labeled Crazy! knowledge is power :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...