• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FEATURE: Screen not so sensitive towards the edges ?

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Don't think I am knocking this phone, its very good but if I find an issue I'll post it.

Anyone else finding the screen is less sensitive around the edges ? Having difficulty (very occasionally) pressing P.

Camera zoom slider is quite difficult to move.

Posted · Report post

I've previously had a HTC Magic and HTC Hero, one of which (can't remember) had similar "issues" with screen sensitivity near the edes reported. May be it's just a capacitive screen thing ?

Don't think I am knocking this phone, its very good but if I find an issue I'll post it.

Anyone else finding the screen is less sensitive around the edges ? Having difficulty (very occasionally) pressing P.

Posted · Report post

I find it hard pressing ?123 on the virtual keyboard in the bottom left, on the other hand I just grabbed Spotify... gotta take the insignificant bad with all the good ;)

Posted · Report post

I find it hard pressing ?123 on the virtual keyboard in the bottom left, on the other hand I just grabbed Spotify... gotta take the insignificant bad with all the good ;)

It is a lovely phone, I was using a Milestone last week (pre release GSM model) and it was nippy ... but this is faster, or appears faster.

Things I like EVERYTHING thats not in the following list, its a surprisingly good phone

Things I don't like

* its quite slippy to hold but OK

* the touch sensitive button lights going out when using the phone in the dark, you have to touch them to get them to light up again

* the flashing charging light that keeps me awake unless I cover it (ditto the other icons, there is no setting for them that I can find)

* the RUBBISH looking dialler application ... looks like my first VisualBasic program ;)

Things I wish I could do

* get hold of my disk before next week so I could get ADB working

* install a replacement phone.apk (cytown)

* try installing better browser (probably will not work)

* try installing HTC_IME

Thing I miss from my magic

* track ball

* HARD KEYS ... I love hard keys and the Magic has the best layout of the androids I have used.

Posted · Report post

Better Browser SHOULD work, else try Dolphin! Wonder if that will support Multitouch?

P

Posted · Report post

Better Browser SHOULD work, else try Dolphin! Wonder if that will support Multitouch?

P

Well until I get my mitts on my install disk I am stuck looking at a USB device installer screen ;)

Posted · Report post

And to think I have been sitting here wasting time working when I could have been dossing around ! Thx.

Although it doesn't have the USB drivers on there either ... damn !

Posted (edited) · Report post

yeah, I have the same problem with the edges, same with with the zoom slider or the spacebar in horizontal mode.

I've also called Acer and written a mail to their support about the lacking USB-driver. In the handbook, they also wrote about VPN-settings, which do not exist in the menus. I also do not understand about the protected junk like an avatar creator, which you are unable to delete by default.

Acer just sucks at support as always, but the price-to-value ratio is still great.

Edit: I've found quite some posts with different phones and the same problem... as already stated by saqulb, this seems to be a normal problem for this kind of touchscreen.

Edited by TheTinyToon