Guide to Flashing ROM on i8000

Guest tacchan23

Rodrigo, what do you mean with "device manager". When I install the Samsung driver, it just appears a message saying "Samsung CDMA driver successfully installed", but nothing else appears on PC nor the O2 screen. I still guess that something wrong with the driver installation!! Please, help!!!

I've seen your rom working and it's absolutely AMAZING so I want to have it in my device!!! It's just a dream for me 'til now ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :( :( :( :( :(

Arbi,

first, all your comments and screens were from Octans Mini... what about real octans?

You have to change driver, when the phne is OFF.. and PLUGGED ON... then in device manager it will show something like 'samsung mit...'.THAT is the device you have to update..

Guest monyozt
Rodrigo, what do you mean with "device manager". When I install the Samsung driver, it just appears a message saying "Samsung CDMA driver successfully installed", but nothing else appears on PC nor the O2 screen. I still guess that something wrong with the driver installation!! Please, help!!!

I've seen your rom working and it's absolutely AMAZING so I want to have it in my device!!! It's just a dream for me 'til now ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :( :( :( :( :(

when you hit detect button, TURN OFF your phone then hit start downloading.

Guest mercury99
Hi, neuwrdg2.

I even can't get any error, octans doesn't detect my device at all, it does absolutely nothing!!!

Is there a slight chance that you actually did not turn off your phone? I mean you happened to turn off the backlight but not the phone? To turn off the phone, we got to hold the power button at the lower right corner. The backlight button is at the upper right side.

Hi, Mercury:

You are right, I just push the button on the right side of the phone, so I just turned the backlight off!!! I think I'm getting closer with your tip!! Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, now it appears the message attached.What is wrong now? I'm a newbie, so don't understand what it means.

Is there a slight chance that you actually did not turn off your phone? I mean you happened to turn off the backlight but not the phone? To turn off the phone, we got to hold the power button at the lower right corner. The backlight button is at the upper right side.

Doc8.doc

Guest mercury99
Hi, Mercury:

You are right, I just push the button on the right side of the phone, so I just turned the backlight off!!! I think I'm getting closer with your tip!! Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, now it appears the message attached.What is wrong now? I'm a newbie, so don't understand what it means.

You are welcome. We are all learning. Remember to restart PC after installing Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.

I tried the Octans Mini. I guess you connect your O2 TOO EARLY? Run Octans, browse the nb0 file, press the detect button FIRST, THEN connect the turned off O2. You should see the O2 being turned on automatically with a battery icon appears...

Good luck ;)

Edited by mercury99

Hi, pal.

I have this problem now. Have you solved it?

hi Arbi do not be sad, I am second one, I have installed system from A1 Austria and I have unlocked the phone to other networsk. Now iOmnia works but it does not cooperate with Octans or minioctans.

With minicotans it writes long line starting with

OndeviceChange\\?\USB etc. etc. and I got sandcloc on PC a that´s it.On switched of Omnia I see for 10-20 seconds large blue battery.

With Octans just sand-clock on PC

Thanks. I got the blue battery charging, but Octans (Mini Octans too) shows the message OnDeviceChange....etc and hungsup.

You are welcome. We are all learning. Remember to restart PC after installing Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.

I tried the Octans Mini. I guess you connect your O2 TOO EARLY? Run Octans, browse the nb0 file, press the detect button FIRST, THEN connect the turned off O2. You should see the O2 being turned on automatically with a battery icon appears...

Good luck ;)

Alleluyah!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :( :(

It's done, at last!!!!!! The problem was Samsung PC Studio!!!!!!! I just deactivated it and everything worked!!!!! And I have the spectacular Sense 2.5 rom in my beautiful O2!!!

So a real BIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU to all of you, GREAT fellas!!!!

Help, please!

Guest monyozt
Hi, Mercury:

not to turn off the backlight. but the phone