• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can only charge phone when switched off ?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I have noticed that when i plug in the usb charger from the power point, that it will only charge the phone if i turn the phone off...

does anyone else have this problem ?? Is there some kind of weird setting I need to change ??

I would prefer to be able to charge the phone whilst it is turned on...

Posted

I have noticed that when i plug in the usb charger from the power point, that it will only charge the phone if i turn the phone off...

does anyone else have this problem ?? Is there some kind of weird setting I need to change ??

I think your phone is taking more power than the charger can manage..

Does the phone show the 'charging' button?

Posted

Does the phone show the 'charging' button?

its strange that no it does not show the charging button, you refer to the top right dont you where the icon changes when you plug in the charger...

its really strange that it only charges when turned off.. when the phone is off and the charger is connected than you get the huge charging battery icon on the screen.. and yes it charges....

just so odd and annoying it wont charge whilst turned on, and i guess it charges fine for everyon else...

Posted

its strange that no it does not show the charging button, you refer to the top right dont you where the icon changes when you plug in the charger...

its really strange that it only charges when turned off.. when the phone is off and the charger is connected than you get the huge charging battery icon on the screen.. and yes it charges....

just so odd and annoying it wont charge whilst turned on, and i guess it charges fine for everyon else...

Yes I meant that icon ;)

Did you try Advanced Configuration Tool? It has some power settings, maybe WM screwed up one of your settings?

You could try to backup your phone and then re-flash it?

Hope this helps you out ;)

Posted

No need to switch off...... its kinda issue when connecting via Active sync.....uninstall active sync from pc...this will work....

Posted

Check if you configured your device to be recognised as USB-Mass Storage, if yes then this is your problem. there are many pips who reported this issue. phone doesn't charge if connected as mass storage. change to Active Sync.

this should solve your problem, and be sure turned backlight off, will charge much faster

Posted

help,

i facing the same problem now, phone can charge only when switch off.

(i had check the and sure the device is in activesync mode, now i only can sync my phone though bluetooth, and octon also cannot recognised my phone)

i had search the other forum, some omnia II user have the same problem, they solve by hard resting the phone.

i had try hard resting the phone but still not work.

Posted

nobody have the solution? or ever experiance this situation? how do i flash new rom without usb connection?

my b7610 now often been shutdown when open ie explore

Posted

I think your phone is taking more power than the charger can manage..

tskok : What is the max output of the charger you use? (It must be 600 mA or more.)

Posted

tskok : What is the max output of the charger you use? (It must be 600 mA or more.)

The stock for me is 700mA, usually there is a sticker on it saying the output.

Posted

phone can charge only when switch off, even connect with pc usb, still can only charge when switch off. i think the usb connection shall be standard, so must be software problem.

is there any way to flash the rom without usb connection? i hope try another rom to see if same problem

Posted

phone can charge only when switch off, even connect with pc usb, still can only charge when switch off. i think the usb connection shall be standard, so must be software problem.

is there any way to flash the rom without usb connection? i hope try another rom to see if same problem

No you can't flash without a usb connection but it should work if it's charging while it's off, does it get into download mode?

Posted

I have same problem with my Power Monkey charger. It has std. 5V USB, connector USB A/female and up to 2,1A output and still can't charge my B7610 :-(, it can do it only when the phone is off. Same problem in my car, where is reduction 12V -> 5V USB. Somebody talked, try to connect Data- to Data+ on USB...