Connection issues

Guest markdotpeters5

Guest markdotpeters5

OK, so had my milestone from Expansys at launch, and loving it so far.

However yesterday afternoon - without me changing anything - o2 data connection stopped working. Checked it again when I got home, was working again so thought nothing of it.

Checked this morning in work, and not working again! Thought it might be my account, so tried a mate's o2 sim card which works fine on his device - not working.... so it looks to be my phone rather than O2.

I didn't set anything up when I first got the handset, just popped in the Sim and it all started working.

As I'm completely new to Android - anyone have any idea what settings I should be using, and what to try?

cheers

M

Guest markdotpeters5

Simplicity - not sure whether that comes up as contract / PAYG. I've tried putting the settings in manually that I found - I'm actually thinking it might be a problem with the handset as i'm getting periods of it working for a second, and then dying again. I'm getting twitter alerts, but havne't been able to browse all day :/

Guest markdotpeters5

Did that, had six new twitter alerts, but still can't load a web page ;) Tried two browsers just in case too.

Can I do a settings reset without doing a hard reset? Can't find one anywhere. I know about the soft reset, but that's just a reboot isn't it..

That's kinda odd, why would Twitter work and not the browser? ;)

Don't think so, the only reset of settings is a hard reset!

If Twitter (via Twidroid or similar) is working then it's not a hardware problem!

P

Guest markdotpeters5

Must be a local O2 issue - mate was having issues earlier too. Bought a 3 sim at lunchtime as wanted to change to them anyway, and hey presto - working beatifully.

So long O2!