Syncing Problem

Guest alberte

Guest alberte

Can anyone help me?

My phone stopped syncing with my computer, so I eventually reinstalled Windows Mobile Device Centre on my computer and finally did a hard reset on the phone and no success.

All I want to do is sync my phone with Outlook contacts and calender, but the phone insists I set up Exhange Server credentials. I do not have an Exchange server account, and I can't for the life of me find an option to turn this off or let me do a simple sync via usb with my desktop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Albert

Guest alberte

I have just spoken with Samsung, and they inform me that none of they do not support Windows 7 (my OS), as none of their phones workd with it. Apparently we need to keep watching the Samsung web site as software is expected to released in Jan 2010 to resolve this.

I hope it comes sooner than later.

Guest dsilver.us

Maybe try running a virtual XP and Activesync 4.5 installation under VMWare Player or MS's Virtual PC? Kind of a PITA to do just to sync, I know... I'm still running XP, so I don't know Windows 7, but I've also read that Win 7 has an XP mode. Maybe you could run Mobile Device Center or Activesync under that?

I've been looking into running Linux, and will probably have to go the virtual route in order to sync the BJII.

Guest alberte
Maybe try running a virtual XP and Activesync 4.5 installation under VMWare Player or MS's Virtual PC? Kind of a PITA to do just to sync, I know... I'm still running XP, so I don't know Windows 7, but I've also read that Win 7 has an XP mode. Maybe you could run Mobile Device Center or Activesync under that?

I've been looking into running Linux, and will probably have to go the virtual route in order to sync the BJII.

Thanks. Yes I had thought of the virtual xp idea as well. Just haven't got around to installing Outlook to it yet, but activesync seems to work fine in it.