[TOOL] O2UTIL / Useful ROM utility for I8000

Guest rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd

Here i share with you one of my power utilities for messing with Omnia 2 I8000 ROMs....

It supports I8000, I8000L and B7610 (Omnia Pro), confirmed by different users.

This is a command line utility, it serves for various purposes. Here i detail some of the functions and syntax to use it (from command line):

Parameters enclosed in brackets [ ] are optional.

1) Turn a binary dump (the 'pda_dump.bin' that generates Sorg' utility), into a flashable NB0 ROM.

For cookers, it also serves to pack a 'pda.os.nb' file (the one you cooked with osnbtool.exe, etc), into a flashable NB0 ROM.

-nb0pack <rom_name> <os.nb_filename,pda_dump.bin etc> [ <nb0_destination_file ]

The tool deals with checksum, file size adjustment, and creates the proper header, labeling your rom <rom_name>.

2) Extract PDA.OS.NB and LANGPACK from MST ROM

-mst_to_osnb <mst_file> [<pda.os.nb_filename>] [<lang.os.nb_filename>]

This useful option, inspects a MST ROM, like the official ones we get, and extracts the PDA.OS.NB part, into specified filename <pda.os.nb_filename>.

IF THE MST ROM HAD LANGUAGE PACK, it also writes such langpack into <lang.os.nb_filename>

3) Extract a flashable NB0 ROM from a MST ROM

-mst_to_nb0 <mst_file> [<nb0_filename>] [<rom_name>]

Inspects a MST ROM, like the official ones we get, and creates a copy of such rom, but in NB0 FORMAT , into the specified file <nb0_filename>. You can specify ROM name with <rom_name>, or else first part of MST file will be used.

4) Split NB0 ROM

-nb0split <filename>

Splits a NB0 rom into its sections and headers, on the same directory as the NB0 file. E.G., PDA.OS.NB, PDA.OS.NB.PRE, LANG.OS.NB, etc...

Similar to OSNBTOOL with -sp, only that OSNBTOOL doesn't deals with language pack.

5) Build NB0 ROM

-nb0build <nb0_filename> <headerfile1> <sectionfile1> [<headerfile2> <sectionfile2...]

Rebuilds a NB0 flashable ROM, into file <nb0_filename>, by constructing individual parts, specified in parameters. It should be header, section, header, section, etc... The best is to use this command in conjunction with -nb0split above.

Normally you would only deal with one section (headerfile1 sectionfile1) as we don't currently cook langpacks.

6) Other commands, too lazy to write specs ;) ... -expand, -checksum, -patch32, -mngefix, -reloc_fixbin... i'll explain in other time ;)

PD: If the only parameter specified is a 'pda_dump.bin' file, it automatically gets converted to a NB0 ROM.. E.G. if you drop the .bin file into my EXE, it gets done ;)

o2util.exe

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest monyozt
i know Pako will release new executor soon, but the more variety the better ;)

Anyway, here you go, just drop your 'pda_dump.bin' you got with sorg tool, and you get a flashable rom (pda_dump.bin.nb0) .. Voilá.

cheers

thanks bro.. how about your WM 6.5.3 rom? any news when it will be release? please dont buy hd2 as you said on other thread ;)

Edited by monyozt

Guest rodrigofd
Rodrigo, please say - what for this procedure is necessary? ;) .. create dump DSK1 in executor is enable.. but converted DSK to nb0 ;) What for? ;)

because numerous people here asked how to turn a binary dump into a flashable rom , for backup purposes

Guest gmarcoux
i know Pako will release new executor soon, but the more variety the better :)

Anyway, here you go, this is one of the utils i wrote for the I8000, just drop over this exe, your 'pda_dump.bin' you got with sorg tool, and you get a flashable rom (pda_dump.bin.nb0) .. Voilá.

cheers

EDIT: you can also drop the PDA.OS.NB.NEW you pack with OSNBTOOL, and you get a nb0 file.

if you want to be more specific:

o2util.exe -nb0pack <rom_title> <pda.os.nb file> <destination_nb0_file>

You are THE MAN!!!!!

because numerous people here asked how to turn a binary dump into a flashable rom , for backup purposes

Just what I'm looking for thanks. I will try it on a bin file of the B7610. Just tried the manual wes's workaround but it didn't work on B7610 bin files. Have you got any hints why it doesn't work?

Edited by kibiwi

Guest rodrigofd
Just what I'm looking for thanks. I will try it on a bin file of the B7610. Just tried the manual wes's workaround but it didn't work on B7610 bin files. Have you got any hints why it doesn't work?

Strange... BUT, i remember reading wes guide, he didn't mentioned about making os.nb size divisible by 0x1F800, why don't you try out my tool and report back ? :)

Strange... BUT, i remember reading wes guide, he didn't mentioned about making os.nb size divisible by 0x1F800, why don't you try out my tool and report back ? ;)

when sorg posted his utility wes explained how to convert the bin file into a nb0 file with winhex, I followed his guide but without luck. Anyway I will try your tool and report if it works fine even with B7610 bin files :)

Rodrigo I have tested your tool with B7610 bin files and I can confirm that it works like a charm. Thanks for this really useful tool keep up the good work!you can edit the first post... :)

It works perfectly, and it edited out the portion of the MST file that would have been on the internal "My" storage, which is great since that was blocking me from the ROM update (seeing as my internal storage went missing). I'm now running WM 6.5 as hoped, thank you!

Guest monyozt
I tried to run the program, but after clicking on the 02util.exe, a DOS window opened and quickly closed. How do I use it?

yes same here... any clue how to use??

Guest rodrigofd
yes same here... any clue how to use??

Because it is not a graphical application, it is a dos-style command line utility, like most of rom-cooking utils. you have to run it from a command prompt.

In first post, it is detailed available commands and their instructions.

Guest Mr Man2003

Hi rodrigofd,

Thanks a lot for your excellant and fantastic tool... I have Cubic37.MLI and would like to know how can we rebuild Cubic37.MLI as flashable ROM files?

Thanks a lot for your help...

Guest Mr Man2003
Hi rodrigofd,

Thanks a lot for your excellant and fantastic tool... I have Cubic37.MLI and would like to know how can we rebuild Cubic37.MLI as flashable ROM files?

Thanks a lot for your help...

Sorry for the question rodrigofd :) , got the answer which should be using i900_EXEcutor_2.4 ;)

B)

Ok, so as a complete n00b at this....

To backup your current rom you need to? can somebody provide a link?

(I read something about winhex)

This backup file can be converted with this O2Tool to a PDA file?

With OCTANS_Downloader_v2.11 the PDA file can be restored to my phone or other phones?

But this is a ROM file so all my changes (emails, sms, phoneno.) are not saved?

Is this possible too or only with f.i. SPB Backup?

You see a lot of question marks, so please be patient with me.

Edited by ajhvdb

Guest rodrigofd
Ok, so as a complete n00b at this....

To backup your current rom you need to? can somebody provide a link?

(I read something about winhex)

This backup file can be converted with this O2Tool to a PDA file?

With OCTANS_Downloader_v2.11 the PDA file can be restored to my phone or other phones?

But this is a ROM file so all my changes (emails, sms, phoneno.) are not saved?

Is this possible too or only with f.i. SPB Backup?

You see a lot of question marks, so please be patient with me.

1. To backup your rom, look for 'sorg utility' in this forum, it is an exe file, copy to your storage card, run it, wait for 5 minutes (it doesn't display nothing in the meantime) ,.. it says 'done' or something, then copy a saved file called 'rom_dump.bin' from storage card to PC.

Download my utility from this post, and drag and drop your 'rom_dump.bin' into my exe util (o2util.exe) ... this will leave you with a rom_dump.bin.nb0.

Save this file, THAT is your ROM backup.

2. Answered..

3. Such NB0 files can be flashed to any I8000/I8000L phone, using Octans v2.11 downloader, that is correct.

4. NO. ROM contains the 'bare system', in a clean state, is like having a DVD of original Windows Vista.

5. SPB HAS NOTHIG TO DO ... What SPB backup does, is precisely save all the things you've 'done' after flashing, files, settings modified, contacts, mails, etc, etc. So, if you want to create a complete exact image of what you have now, then do a ROM backup, AND a SPB backup.