BJ II as Wi-Fi Access Point?

Guest Bach730

Guest Bach730

Is there a way to use the BJ II as a wi-fi access point? What I am wondering is if there's a way that I can use it to be an internet access method for my ipod touch (3G). I have the app that allows the BJ II to be used via USB on a PC for internet access, just wondered if something like that exists for wi-fi. I can get the two devices to see each other via bluetooth but have no idea if a connection for the web can be made.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest netham45
Is there a way to use the BJ II as a wi-fi access point? What I am wondering is if there's a way that I can use it to be an internet access method for my ipod touch (3G). I have the app that allows the BJ II to be used via USB on a PC for internet access, just wondered if something like that exists for wi-fi. I can get the two devices to see each other via bluetooth but have no idea if a connection for the web can be made.

Thanks!

the BJ II does not have WiFi, but if your iPod supports connecting to a bluetooth PAN, you should be able to get network on it. I don't know about iPods, so I can't help you there.

Guest PrinceDwi
the BJ II does not have WiFi, but if your iPod supports connecting to a bluetooth PAN, you should be able to get network on it. I don't know about iPods, so I can't help you there.

I have heard that there is a microsd card that has built in wifi on the chip, so that devices without wifi will be able to function as a modem. I recall there was an earlier thread on this section of the MoDaCo forums that mentioned adding wifi support and even potentially tethering, but out of the box, the device indeed does NOT have wifi.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...