Cabs Repository

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23

First of all I would like to thank everyone who worked on making the following cabs. I will just try to keep them updated here for easier reference.

If people will post the info about which ROM they extracted the application from it would be nice too maybe.

IMPORTANT: so far I haven't tried any of these cabs (as personally I'm not very interested in Samsung applications^^) so try them at your own risk and possibly post some feedback.

Also, they have been tested only on specific versions of custom ROMs, so they may not fully work on every ROM out there.

System utilities & registry tweaks

Manila 1.3 + Mods all in on Cab by whiskeybro

Shetlander_Honeycomb_Start_Menu.cab (by XDA developers) Enable "3 columns with big icons" Honeycomb in start menu

3-column StartMenu

4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb.cab by Tylwith Make 4 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu with honeycomb

StartMenu_Grid_5.CAB Make 5 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu without honeycomb (from XDa forum)

OldStyleStart.CAB Old style (but big size and fingerfriendly) Start Menu for people who don't like wm6.5 start menu (original thread here)

CameraSoundSh1.cab by Tylwith Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER1

DisableCameraSound.cab by Tylwith Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER3 (so you need to set the camera to SHUTTER3)

DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab by Tylwith Disable Start and ShutDown sounds

Enable_Settings_rotation.cab by Tylwith Enables the settings menu in 6.5 rom and also allow to map the rotation to a hard key

SettingMenu.cab by Tylwith Add 6.1 menusettings for people who want to enable/disable touchwizUI on wm6.5 (Uninstall the cab after use)

EnableDialerSkin.cab by Tylwith Enable Samsung Dialer

DisableDialerSkin.cab by Tylwith Disable Samsung Dialer

Touch.cab by Tylwith Encrese the screen responsiveness/sensitivity

RingIncrease.cab by Tylwith Fix the 3 second ring delay (it only works up to firmware H3, after that it just mutes the phone)

DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab by Tylwith Disable Samsung Skinned Email and Sms application

EnableThreadedSms.cab by Tylwith It only works after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab

lightsensorfix.cab by Tylwith fixes the light sensor refresh rate on WM 6.1 (On 6.1 the sensor refresh is too short so basicly the screen change every second of brightness so it's no good for visual effect nor for battery life.) (Tested on H5)

NET_FrameWork_v3.5.cab

HTCSensorSDK.zip (by GinKage): Emulates HTC's G-Sensor API on i8000, that is used in a number of applications, and in many games.

Auto-Rotate screen applications: applications to auto-rotate screen in any application of your choice. (I prefer to assign a hardware button to rotate)

SRS WOW HD for Omnia2 (by whiskeybro): it changes the whole sys output drive to SRS WOW, so it'll work with any media player but samsung one; it'll disable SRS if u launch samsung player.

AJ1 version Apps

SMS-MMS by Khuanchai

Phonebook by Khuanchai

Adobe Reader by Khuanchai

VideoEditor by Khuanchai

IL5 version Apps

Samsung Phone, Samsung XT9 & Keyboard, Samsung Photo Album by Rodrigofd you can find here in Rodrigofd post (he asked for no mirrors)

Crayon Physics by zm.

Samsung Today by powser and wes

Samsung Large Indicator by powser

IL2 version Apps

Samsung Clock by powser

AudioNote by powser

Calendar by powser

Dice by powser

PowerCalc by powser

Smart Converter by powser

Youtube

Chinese K3 version Apps

New Dice (Original thread here)

ROM version not specified Apps

Samsung Today from Omnia Pro

SMS-MMS by Khuanchai

Phonebook by Khuanchai

File Manager

FM radio

Smart Memo by KSTAN

Midomi by KSTAN

BubbleBreaker.CAB by zm.

solitaire.CAB by zm.

Video Editor by PDAviet

Smart Reader by PDAviet

Samsung_Omnia_II_Volume_Control.cab by ZeroXtreme

Samsung_Omnia_II_JBlend.cab by ZeroXtreme

Phone Utility Apps (3rd party freeware)

CyberonVoiceSpeedDial

Guest Khuanchai
ROM version not specified Apps

SMS-MMS, Phonebook by Khuanchai you can find here in Khuanchai post (not sure if he allows mirrors)

Please go ahead. I have no problem with mirrors. In fact, I can just point people to get all CABs from this post. :)

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest tacchan23
Please go ahead. I have no problem with mirrors. In fact, I can just point people to get all CABs from this post. :)

Done, thanks!

Added Samsung Today and Crayon Physics, thanks!

Do you guys think I should move this thread to the general Omnia2 section? could these application cabs be usefull to the i920 users too? (after they get cooked roms) or they may not be working properly?

Guest Doombringer

any one can supply video editor please? I kinda like it

edit:I found it in pdaviet's new rom tread, I am planning to use it in khuanchai's rom, hopefully it works

Edited by Doombringer

Guest shermanha

Thank you very much.

Besides, does anyone can make a cab for sim data auto dedection ? i.e. when put a new sim card, data network setting and mms setting all will be done automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Guest ZeroXtreme

Would appreciate a cab for enabling Large Indicator. I'm using the new ULTRALITE ROM from RODRIGO, and was hoping that the Large Indicator can be enabled.

Thanks in advance.

Guest stylus1828
Would appreciate a cab for enabling Large Indicator. I'm using the new ULTRALITE ROM from RODRIGO, and was hoping that the Large Indicator can be enabled.

Thanks in advance.

+1

Guest ZeroXtreme

Managed to get the volume control from the stock ROM working and made a .cab file for anyone interested. Still trying to see which files and registry entries make the Large Indicator function.

Oh, and it only works by pressing the volume rocker buttons.

Samsung_Omnia_II_Volume_Control.cab

Edited by ZeroXtreme

Guest stylus1828
Managed to get the volume control from the stock ROM working and made a .cab file for anyone interested. Still trying to see which files and registry entries make the Large Indicator function.

Oh, and it only works by pressing the volume rocker buttons.

Thank you ZeroXtreme

Guest ZeroXtreme
Greetings Zero.......

Did you manage to cannibalize the Large Indicator thingy ?

THx

Sorry, I reflashed to RODRIGO's ULTRALITE ROM and I haven't had the time to flash to the original or to KC's ROM lately. So I can't search for the files and entries in this ROM.

Guest tRAILeRZ

Appreciate if someone can CAB the SMS-MMS application from K5 ROM. The attached app in post 1 seems to have a problem with the threaded SMS focus(doesn't scroll to the end).

Guest powser

since someone requested this:

Samsung Large Indicator

Soft reset after installing.

Works on my own custom ROM. Should work for other custom roms too.

Usual Disclaimers apply. I am not responsible for any dataloss, hardware destruction, etc.

Please backup ur data first.

Edit: files are from IL5

Edited by powser