• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Milestone 'car mode'

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,

Found an app to manually switch the milestone into 'docked' mode, but nothing for the 'car mode' present on the Droid.

I know the Google maps functionality is missing from the Milestone, but is the car mode missing entirely?

cheers

Mark

Posted

Seems that way, together with Facebook integration. Hope it appears in the forthcoming update... or we can root and add it ourselves!

P

Posted

Seems that way, together with Facebook integration. Hope it appears in the forthcoming update... or we can root and add it ourselves!

P

Sounds like a plan :) Paul: Have you tried the GDE customised home program? Not free, but it's really good, and speeds up the homescreen no end!

Posted

Sounds like a plan :) Paul: Have you tried the GDE customised home program? Not free, but it's really good, and speeds up the homescreen no end!

You can add the carhome.apk and the facebook.apk from the droid dump - it runs on the german milestone.

Posted

Nope, not tried it, will check it out!

P

Posted

Hi all,

Found an app to manually switch the milestone into 'docked' mode, but nothing for the 'car mode' present on the Droid.

I know the Google maps functionality is missing from the Milestone, but is the car mode missing entirely?

cheers

Mark

which app did you use to get car mode for the milestone? thanks

Posted

Hmmm, I didn't buy my Milestone, I was given in by Motorola (indirectly - long story).

I have a 'Car Home' app which jumps it straight into car mode, and Facebook..

Is there anything I can take off the device for you guys?

Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, here?

Posted

Hmmm, I didn't buy my Milestone, I was given in by Motorola (indirectly - long story).

I have a 'Car Home' app which jumps it straight into car mode, and Facebook..

Is there anything I can take off the device for you guys?

Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, here?

could you get the car home app please. thanks

Posted

Hi all,

cheers

Mark

sorry i meant how did u get the dashboard mode? which app? thanks

Posted

sorry i meant how did u get the dashboard mode? which app? thanks

Just google 'car home.apk'

Posted

Here's the one from my device:

http://thei.tguy.co.uk/milestone/

it doesnt install on my milestone! gives a parsing error. any ideas?

Posted (edited)

Here's the one from my device:

http://thei.tguy.co.uk/milestone/

Excellent - How did you get it off the device? Just wondering if you can get a system dump or a nandroid of the Milestone, as that is what is needed to start exploring the rooting method.

I'd be interested in the facebook app, just to see what its like - I use Babbler at the mo. Also the app to get into Dock Mode is great - its called DockRunner and is free in the market. xx

I downloaded the system dump from the chinese site - it seems to be from a milestone, in that it has Motonav in it, but like Andi, this has CarDock.apk and Dock.apk and facebook.apk in it which my UK milestone doesn't have. Let me know if you want it, Paul - it is a rar 75mb and unzips to about 110mb

Dayzee

Edited by Dayzee

Posted (edited)

it doesnt install on my milestone! gives a parsing error. any ideas?

Parsing error: It has been extracted with a wrong decompressor from the rom archive.. I had this when I used winrar, after using 7zip it installed without a problem

You can use the following link to get a working copy: http://www.gemro.info/CarDock.apk

Edited by rj7855

Posted

thanks for the CARDOCK apk, i can see that this works with the magnet trick.

one way for the music dock and flip the magenet on the back and then you will get the car dock. I may look into making a car dock for it :D