O2Compass and O2Flash

Guest Rapid81
Rapid,

Thank you for adding decimal/sexagesimal option but could you add the possibility to enter GPS coordinates in degrees minutes and thousandth of minutes format, like this 50°25.123' ?

Thanks again for your great job! :D

That's what you mentioned?

Example:

44.88904 N

Degrees stays = 44

And the minutes:

.88904 x 60 = 53.343.

44° 53.343 N

Yes? But this is a lossy format, did you knew?

Update:

It's in the app now. So 3 coordinate formats will supported in the next version.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest dwallersv

:( Bad, bad community. Shame on you. :(

Only 5 people have had the decency to send our friend, Rapid81, a few bucks' "thank you" for his tremendous efforts here.

Every one of you that likes this app and is using it should send him a donation. I simply don't believe there is anyone here that can't afford a Euro or two, at a bare minimum.

Support those that are supporting us! Get off your lazy butts and donate!

/nag mode=off

Guest Rapid81

I found this:

http://www.codeplex.com/Wikipage?ProjectNa...amobilecontrols

I will try to implement if VS2008 allow to open it. :( Right now, does not want to.

Update:

I looked into it. I managed to get it working, but it's painfully slow. For example the fade-out effect with small steps takes forever. With bigger steps it's in normal timerange but then 4-5 steps and the picture is gone. Its not fad-out is jump-out. :( I will experiment a little more with it. Maybe I can improve somehow to implement it in the release after next release. If yes, then will come the paradise. :( Then no need for texts on backgrounds anymore and black background in spirit level, etc... :(

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Rapid81
Suggestion: can you add a button for (or as default) the current position for favorite destination ?

In the next version you'll have a list for the locations. So you can add any location you want to this list and set as current destination anytime. :(

my suggestion was something different: an easy way to add the current location to the list - a button or just to have the numbers filled-in by default each time I add a new location to the list.

Guest Rapid81
my suggestion was something different: an easy way to add the current location to the list - a button or just to have the numbers filled-in by default each time I add a new location to the list.

If you watched the latest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTTAC815E_4, then you need to know, there will be an "Add current location" button in the new version. But that's button will add the location to the list and you can select it from there anytime you want. The list will be saved.

Edited by Rapid81

I just LOVE the military theme !!

I got a great suggestion ! you could create a 'shining' theme, that would be a theme that could simulate the effet of rotation, by moving the sun reflection of the false compas glass ? (hope you'll understand)

Guest Rapid81
Me too. These themes are in the full download package, right?

No. These will separate themes with separate installers. Will be a Minimal installer with the original theme, a background pack, and 4 or 5 separate theme (1 from me (Military Theme), and the others from few talented guys from here and from PDAFanClub.com), at least what I know about right now. :(

The reason is the checkboxes and shutdown/calibration screens are cannot changable just if you install a theme. But if you install a theme, the compass' remains, and the backgrounds too.

Edited by Rapid81

very nice program! i actually came here looking for a flashlight that would work without installing the samsung sdk (as it causes problems on a win 6.1 rom) & of all flashapps I've tested, o2flash is the ONLY one that manages that :-)

one minor request: could you improve the startup-time of o2flash? (i realize that o2compass needs to load a lot of stuff, so startup might take a while - but as far as I can tell, the stand-alone o2flash should be rather lite & could start up quite quickly?)

once again, great program, thanks a lot!

Edited by santoo

Guest Rapid81
very nice program! i actually came here looking for a flashlight that would work without installing the samsung sdk (as it causes problems on a win 6.1 rom) & of all flashapps I've tested, o2flash is the ONLY one that manages that :-)

one minor request: could you improve the startup-time of o2flash? (i realize that o2compass needs to load a lot of stuff, so startup might take a while - but as far as I can tell, the stand-alone o2flash should be rather lite & could start up quite quickly?)

once again, great program, thanks a lot!

If you install the O2Flash on internal memory or into the My Storage, it'll run faster. And the loading speed depends on your ROM version too.

Guest Rapid81

And the favourite one. Because phnikola does not available I was modified his HTC HD2 theme to fit for V3.3. And I was uploaded the two other themes, to see it together. :(

post-624700-1267096036_thumb.jpg post-624700-1267096533_thumb.jpg post-624700-1267096514_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Rapid81

I was changed the Samsung SDK's version to 2.2 in the installer.

Theoretically the application will supported on these phones too:

- SCH-M710/715 T*Omnia II

- SPH-M7350 Oz Omnia

Guest Rapid81

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

O2Compass:

Q.: I was Installed the O2Compass, but it's missing something named framework. What can I do?

A.: You need to install the .NET Compact Framework 3.5 to run the O2Compass.

Q.: I started it, but the compass does not move at all. What can I do?

A.: You skipped the calibration screen without calibration. You need to calibrate the phones magnetic sensor if you want to the compass works properly. Follow the steps what's mentioned on the Calibration or Recalibration screen.

Q.: The Metal Detector does not work. How to make it work?

A.: The metal detector only detect magnetisable metals (like iron) about 15-20 cm.

Q.: The Compass and the Flashlight works properly, but I can't find the Destination support, Spirit level, Metal detector and Light sensor. Where are these?

A.: Slide your finger left or right to change the pages.

post-624700-1267274909_thumb.jpg

Themes and Backgrounds:

Q.: I was installed a theme and backgrounds, but the appearance did not changed. How can I use the installed theme?

A.: To change skins you need to slide your finger up or down on every pages.

post-624700-1267274918_thumb.jpg

Q.: I installed one of the themes, but it does not appear when I change skins. Where am I need to install the themes?

A.: The backgrounds, skins, themes need to installed in the same place where you were installed the O2Compass itself.

Edited by Rapid81