[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Aw crap, just realised why that is, I forgot to update something in the kitchen.

If you redownload now, you'll be set. ;)

P

Your awsome, works like a charm....almoust :D Se below..

i cant turn my mobile network on, in the previous roms it was an option if you held the power button down.

am i missing something ??

I got exactly the same problem. Ideas anyone?

i cant turn my mobile network on, in the previous roms it was an option if you held the power button down.

am i missing something ??

sussed it ;)

you have to put your apn settings in for your network.

Searching for GSM networks does not work and gives an error. Had the same error on old Eclair roms until they fixed the "network location by cell tower" library. Could it be linked somehow ?

And how about adding french support ?

Otherwise this rom kicks butt big time ! No lag whatsoever. Unbelievable.

Guest keefsloan

Really like this ROM (and I'm not necessarily a vanilla lover, especially after MCR3.2 made more sense of Sense). If the trackball / headphone and BT issues are fixed (I use my phone in the car with a BT head unit so this is vitally important to me) I'd happily throw a couple of quid your way Andrew for all your hard work. Fantastic stuff.

Guest AychTeeSee

Hi everyone;

Unfortunately, the trackball has once again ceased working in my test build. I'm working on using Lox's work on Hero to make this ROM AOSP-based, which should correct all hardware issues, and coupled with my speed improvements, should make for an excellent ROM.

Andrew

Guest pvillasuso
Hi everyone;

Unfortunately, the trackball has once again ceased working in my test build.

:D

Then we have [2.1] as the fastet 1.5 based ROM ... with everything working good ! you made history with that one ! ;) .. It's my actual daily ROM ! works SO good !

Let's see how it goes with the AOSP-based .. Hope you can get same or better speed than [3.0.1] this is the fastest of all 1.5 based ROM's with those couple of hardware issues ...

Good luck .. and once again thanx for sharing your work ...

Guest Geochelone

Oh the trackball isn't flashing on 3.0.1 :-)

This is the best vanilla so far. Lovely. I manually do the memory tweak, add APN settings and re-sign it.

9.9/10 for this ROM.

Now waiting for bugfixes/updates & hopefully without any addition of bloat. Stay lean please :-)

Guest pvillasuso

@Andrew & Paul , with all the respect

Is it posible to apply the online kitchen for the [2.1] version ?

Reasons :

1. Because [2.1] is the one that is finished and fully working with all the features !

2. [3.0.1] won't become > [3.1] as Andrew explained

Pleaseeeeeee ! :D

ps. Who is up for this option ? ;)

Guest lennart330
@Andrew & Paul , with all the respect

Is it posible to apply the online kitchen for the [2.1] version ?

Reasons :

1. Because [2.1] is the one that is finished and fully working with all the features !

2. [3.0.1] won't become > [3.1] as Andrew explained

Pleaseeeeeee ! :(

ps. Who is up for this option ? :D

Could be a good option, but a few posts back andrew is announcing he's working on the bugs in 3.0.1.

Maybe we could await that one, as 3.0.1 is faster (and without the htc-s*** ;) ) than 2.1.

Guest pvillasuso
Kitchen downloads now include the MD5 hash of the file in the filename. If you're into that sort of thing. :D

P

I was more into the customizing from the roots of the ROM

I mean getting rid off some apps I don't use .. for example : voice search, email, music, calculator, voice dialer ,wireless tether ... As I use other apps ...

I'm a noob , and I don't know how to unininstall those apps, once Flashed with the orginal [2.1] ... But online kitchen helps me doing it , very easily

[3.0.1] Core , has still a couple of "important" issues , that won't be solved soon ... according to Andrew

That's it ! ;)

Guest masterpfa
Hi everyone;

Unfortunately, the trackball has once again ceased working in my test build. I'm working on using Lox's work on Hero to make this ROM AOSP-based, which should correct all hardware issues, and coupled with my speed improvements, should make for an excellent ROM.

Andrew

Just what I was looking for, I've had to give this current ROM a miss because of the Trackball issue and keyboard(I need to have HTC IME)

Liked your work 2.1, was one of my fave ROMS, but if you could incorporate AOSP (2.1 Hint! Hint!)features all the better.

Cheers Andrew ;)

Edited by masterpfa

I just realised that I'm finally missing something on the 3.0.1 ROM.

That's HTC sync USB tethering capability. I loved that thing because it allowed me to use my Hero as a modem under linux out of the box.

I mean, plug and play, really, nothing else.

I wonder if it would be possible to get juste this back without the whole bunch of HTC's bullshit.

If not, is there somewhere an apk that would allow USB tethering on the Hero ?

By the way, I can't wait for 3.1 to be released, Andrew's doing such a grat job on that thing ;)

Thanks for the help :D

Edited by moa3

Guest pvillasuso
By the way, I can't wait for 3.1 to be released

Seems , that ain't happening ! :(

Andrew is moving and working with Lox @ AOSP-based ROM .. ;)

Hope to get news from them soon .. It's a great develpopers combination ! :D

Guest masterpfa
Andrew is moving and working with Lox @ AOSP-based ROM .. ;)

Hope to get news from them soon .. It's a great develpopers combination ! :D

That would be awesome, I like Andrew's minimalist approach to ROMS along with his custom orientation-responsive Launcher.apk! (I really like this feature!) together with the added features an AOSP based ROM would bring... like Ebony & Ivory :(

Edited by masterpfa

Guest AychTeeSee
Seems , that ain't happening ! :lol:

Andrew is moving and working with Lox @ AOSP-based ROM .. :D

Hope to get news from them soon .. It's a great develpopers combination ! :lol:

Hey hey now- let's not get too hasty :D. I will be releasing a 3.1 ROM.

I was unable to adapt Lox's 2.1 driver sources for 1.5, due to major changes in the framework and kernel version. I have, however, finally found a working way to use the trackball, and 3.1 will contain this fix.

Sorry for the wait!

Andrew

Guest pvillasuso
Hey hey now- let's not get too hasty :D. I will be releasing a 3.1 ROM.

I was unable to adapt Lox's 2.1 driver sources for 1.5, due to major changes in the framework and kernel version. I have, however, finally found a working way to use the trackball, and 3.1 will contain this fix.

Sorry for the wait!

Andrew

w00t ! :lol:

Yessssss ! :D

3.1 ( with fixes ) + online kitchen = perfect 1.5 based Rom !

Well I'm happy for da fix , and sad about the work with Lox's 2.1 sources ... :lol:

Thanks man ..!

Guest masterpfa
I have, however, finally found a working way to use the trackball, and 3.1 will contain this fix.

Sorry for the wait!

Andrew

Great news I await the update!

Guest Agshlee

Hey,

I can't seem to get this rom working. Cooked one in the kitchen, without email, pinyin, sound recorder,

amazon and wifi tether. When I flash the rom and reboot, I get stuck in a boot loop (it gets to the ANDROID

logo and then freezes). Logcat says the following:

D/PackageManager(  129): Scanning app dir /data/app

E/System  (  129): Failure starting core service

E/System  (  129): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/System  (  129): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.scanDirLI(PackageManagerService.java:1703)

E/System  (  129): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.<init>(PackageManagerService.java:482)

E/System  (  129): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.main(PackageManagerService.java:261)

E/System  (  129): 	at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:113)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): Crash logging skipped, no checkin service

I/SystemServer(  129): Starting Status Bar Service.

E/SystemServer(  129): Failure starting StatusBarService

E/SystemServer(  129): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.status.StatusBarIcon.getIcon(StatusBarIcon.java:143)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.status.StatusBarIcon.<init>(StatusBarIcon.java:65)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.status.StatusBarService.makeStatusBarView(StatusBarService.java:304)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.status.StatusBarService.<init>(StatusBarService.java:235)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:194)

I/SystemServer(  129): Starting Clipboard Service.

I/SystemServer(  129): Starting Input Method Service.

E/SystemServer(  129): Failure starting Input Manager Service

E/SystemServer(  129): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext.registerReceiverInternal(ApplicationContext.java:760)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext.registerReceiver(ApplicationContext.java:735)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext.registerReceiver(ApplicationContext.java:729)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.InputMethodManagerService.<init>(InputMethodManagerService.java:437)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:209)

I/SystemServer(  129): Starting NetStat Service.

I/SystemServer(  129): Starting Connectivity Service.

W/dalvikvm(  129): threadid=27: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4000fe70)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): Uncaught handler: thread ConnectivityThread exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): *** EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS.  System will crash.

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.getProvider(ActivityThread.java:3689)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.acquireProvider(ActivityThread.java:3718)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationContentResolver.acquireProvider(ApplicationContext.java:1473)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.content.ContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContentResolver.java:576)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.content.ContentResolver.query(ContentResolver.java:144)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.provider.Settings$NameValueCache.getString(Settings.java:472)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getString(Settings.java:1533)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getInt(Settings.java:1573)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.getPersistedNetworkPreference(ConnectivityService.java:183)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.<init>(ConnectivityService.java:124)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.<init>(ConnectivityService.java:48)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService$ConnectivityThread.run(ConnectivityService.java:88)

I/Process (  129): Sending signal. PID: 129 SIG: 9

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'SurfaceFlinger' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'power' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'batteryinfo' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'usagestats' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'telephony.registry' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'netstat' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'clipboard' died

E/installd(   94): eof

E/installd(   94): failed to read size

I/installd(   94): closing connection

I/Zygote  (  128): Exit zygote because system server (129) has terminated

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also, I did wipe my phone before flashing, in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks in advance,

Agshlee

Edited by Agshlee