• Announcements

• PaulOBrien

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • PaulOBrien

Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
AychTeeSee

[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

478 posts in this topic

yeah 2.1 roms are really slow... people say they are not bad, but after you try aytchteesee's rom you wont go back to a 2.1 :)

can we have an update on your progress? is something not working? how long will it take until 4.0 comes out?

can we have an update on your progress? is something not working? how long will it take until 4.0 comes out?

Unfortunately, a huge problem lies in the core android framework. It's not possible to get full hardware support without HTC's libraries, yet HTC's libraries lie deep within their proprietary files- and are tied to sense. I'm experimenting with decompilation, but it looks like it'll take longer than expected, if possible at all. Sorry I couldn't bring more positive news :)

Andrew

No problem... I hope you can figure it out... maybe release versions when you fix something even if it breaks another piece of hardware and the consumer can pick what's more important. Well I'm not a dev and now that I think about it that would suck because every version would have different bugs xD well good luck and I would be happy for updates even if you only fixed something small :) maybe il do some cooking sometime in the future lol... good luck!

I have no idea... would be nice to have a 3.5 or something... just so he adds the fixes that he CAN do...

Right, i have sorted the SMS problem, you need 2 APNs on your phone, one for the 3g and one for SMS. Here is the t-mobile one:

T-Mobile Internet Settings

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Proxy: <Not Set>

Port: <Not Set>

Username: t-mobile

Password: ..

Server: <Not Set>

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002/

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MMS protocall: WAP 2.0

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

APN type: default

T-Mobile MMS Settings

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Proxy: <Not Set>

Port: <Not Set>

Username: t-mobile

Password: <Not Set>

Server: <Not Set>

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002/

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MMS protocall: WAP 2.0

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

APN type: mms

Sorted my problem straight away when i added the second one for mms.

Yeah lol those are apn settings... nothing new lol

I was just mentioning it because i didnt realise that you needed the APN for the sms aswell as others may not either.

Iv been trying to use a new memory card in the phone but whenever i change it the phone wont boot up, it just sits on the screen that says android, also the phone does the same with the memory card out of it so it only boots with the original memory card. Any ideas?

Iv been trying to use a new memory card in the phone but whenever i change it the phone wont boot up, it just sits on the screen that says android, also the phone does the same with the memory card out of it so it only boots with the original memory card. Any ideas?

do you have apps2sd?

Has the trackball been fixed in 3.0.1? I see about two months ago the OP mentioned 3.1 but have yet to see an update... The trackball is really the only thing holding me back from this rom.

Has the trackball been fixed in 3.0.1? I see about two months ago the OP mentioned 3.1 but have yet to see an update... The trackball is really the only thing holding me back from this rom.

the rom is really good... why do you need the trackball?

Hi Everyone;

Unfortunately, I've run into some real life issues that have made it difficult to allocate time to developing this ROM. For now, if you want a fast vanilla 2.1 ROM with full hardware support, try out Vanillain (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656828). Hopefully I'll be able to work on this ROM in the future, but nprussel seems to have done a fine job removing the HTC bits from the Eris dump. Fortunately, HTC hasn't integrated sense into the core framework as much in their 2.1 ROM, making it easier to experience full vanilla.

Hope to be developing again soon,

Andrew :P

Edited by AychTeeSee

the rom is really good... why do you need the trackball?
Uhm... Because it's an essential part of my phone? Especially for text editing.

Hope to see you back here soon AychTeeSee!

Hi Everyone;

Unfortunately, I've run into some real life issues that have made it difficult to allocate time to developing this ROM. For now, if you want a fast vanilla 2.1 ROM with full hardware support, try out Vanillain (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656828). Hopefully I'll be able to work on this ROM in the future, but nprussel seems to have done a fine job removing the HTC bits from the Eris dump. Fortunately, HTC hasn't integrated sense into the core framework as much in their 2.1 ROM, making it easier to experience full vanilla.

ok... well im still going to use 3.1... Its just Too good. Im not switching to 2.1 because it laggs alot (compared to this rom). good luck with your life and any other developing your going to do in the future!!

luvgirl12345

Hi Everyone;

So sorry to hear that Andrew

Wishing all the best and Many thanks from us all for all you efforts in the past.

It's been a pleasure!

Hopefully see you here again sometime

Perrin

has anyone got swype working on this rom? it doesn't recognize the rom as a htc hero and tells me its an invalid device... it works on modaco...

has anyone got swype working on this rom? it doesn't recognize the rom as a htc hero and tells me its an invalid device... it works on modaco...

You might need to replace the build.prop in the system directory of the ROM with MoDaCo's.

Andrew

If you only could fix trackball or a just as fast 2.1 ROM i would spend my life worshiping you!

two questions:

1. could you make a update.zip for the build.prop

2. could you add overclocking to 700mhz?

Hi Everyone,

Absolutely love this rom, its fantastic. I just have one small problem, I cant send smses! Im in Sweden on the Telenor network, with an HTC Hero. Any ideas what I can do?

i LOVE this rom!! Love the simplicity and pure vanilla android.

However, I was having a problem which forced me to switch back to the factory rom.

I am situated in Australia, and for some reason, my phone kept sending "International SMS" to somewhere and it had used $30aud of my credit in less than 1 day.

I found someone with similar problem to mine in forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1101283.ht ml, however I don't think the rom comes with 'myfave' app.

Funny thing is my phone started sending out International SMSes as soon as I switched on my phone after I first flashed it and it seems like they got sent out whenever I was using the GPS. I tried to switched off "GPS" from location setting, and deleted all APNs from my phone and it was still sending smses whenever I switched on my phone??

it's a shame I can't be using this rom. I figured AychTeeSee is busy (Hope all goes well for you mate, and thanks for the rom :rolleyes: ) but does anyone here know what I can do to fix this or have any idea why it is doing this?

I've tried a few 2.1 roms but they all had some issues I didn't like. This rom is awsome and lightning fast almost no use for overclock widget. If the issue with headset toggle is fixed this is by far the best rom for hero.

Thanks for all your hard work.