[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Installed, Apps2SD working normally! :)

The HTC keyboard is a nice addition although I've kind of grown to love the vanilla one. The good thing is that it's easy to switch them.

Thanks once again! ^^

Guest masterpfa
It's up!

OK

Installed and trialling.

I have had an issue with the HTC keyboard, it was slowing down and the whole screen became none responsive. I wasn't sure if this was because I hadn't carried out a wipe, coming from 1.4 to 2.1, or the HTC.IME I had installed onto 1.4 in the first place.

As a result I carried out a wipe and installed 2.1 afresh. So far all good.

The other thing I have noticed is I no longer have a lock screen, or is this just me.

This was present in 1.4

These aside, loving it!!!

:)

have a occasional system FC's, after a fresh install, without signing into my gmail or going online (wifi/3g) if i try to sync contact in the phone. it crashes, only way for me to stop the FC's is reboot. been happening for me since 1.1. any way i can fix this ? thanxs

Guest rico2k_uk

Im having no problems at all. did a straight upgrade from the last one to this (luckly skipped 2.0!). Looking forward to when 2.1 Android arrives and gets used! :)

Guest AychTeeSee

Thanks everyone, I'll look into these problems.

Treese- in a stock Android 1.5 install, you're supposed to set up your google account before you can actually use the phone. HTC's setup provider somehow allows you to skip it, which is fine, however if you don't set up a google account most of the system will perform strangely.

MasterPFA- Odd about the lockscreen, as it's integrated in the Android framework. I'll attempt to reproduce your problem.

Also, can anyone be as kind as to tell me if there was any speed increase/decrease between 1.4 and 2.1?

Thanks!

Andrew

Guest rico2k_uk

cant say for sure if there was any speed increases, as lets be honest, the last one was so dam quick! Cant find any software that will slow it down - including some 3d FPS! :)

Having a slight issue with the g-sensor. One game i have is called MotoXMayhem, and when its being played, it thinks level is about 24' off! Cant find a way to calibrate the sensor.

Guest AychTeeSee
cant say for sure if there was any speed increases, as lets be honest, the last one was so dam quick! Cant find any software that will slow it down - including some 3d FPS! :)

Having a slight issue with the g-sensor. One game i have is called MotoXMayhem, and when its being played, it thinks level is about 24' off! Cant find a way to calibrate the sensor.

Interesting that you ask regarding g-sensor calibration- it appeared to be an HTC Sense-exclusive functionality. There should be an option to calibrate it in the game too.

Odd that 2.73.405.73 didn't have any real speed improvements in this ROM though, unlike MoDaCo users.

Andrew

Edited by AychTeeSee

Guest rico2k_uk

No dont get me wrong, tehre is more then likely some speed improvements, but i personally think that there isnt any real software out there to test the limits of the rom you've made. I havent found any lags, and any further issues are probably going to start getting towards the hardware limitations then anything else. With sense, i found it started to lag when you started getting under 35mb free ram. It normally likes 90-100mb free for lag free useage. This rom, ive not had to kill any tasks yet!

This is also with the consideration that i only got to use the last rom for about a day until your lastest came out! :)

Guest hally83

Just installed and really like the ROM.

However, what are chances of getting HTC Sync on here, it's a necessity for me really. Or would it screw up not having sense?

Thanks for the hard work!

Guest hally83
why do you need sync? Its pretty useless IMHO. Try installing it from the MCR.

To sync my contacts and calendar with Outlook. I realise you can sync them to Google but I don't want to :)

Edited by hally83

Guest pvillasuso
Also, can anyone be as kind as to tell me if there was any speed increase/decrease between 1.4 and 2.1?

Thanks!

Andrew

Everything is working fine (2.1) got NO problems at all !

Speed is the same as 1.4 ... >>>> FAST !

Cheers

Interesting that you ask regarding g-sensor calibration- it appeared to be an HTC Sense-exclusive functionality. There should be an option to calibrate it in the game too.

Odd that 2.73.405.73 didn't have any real speed improvements in this ROM though, unlike MoDaCo users.

Andrew

As others have already mentioned, it's kind of hard to notice the difference between immediate and immediate. :)

Your Vanilla Cupcake ROM really works so smooth and fast that it's hard to tell any difference.

To sync my contacts and calendar with Outlook. I realise you can sync them to Google but I don't want to :)

synce them to google cloud and sync google to outlook.