• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

08/Mar - Superboot ERD79 -> GRI40 - rooting the Nexus One

301 posts in this topic

Posted

Paul, whenever i click the superboot link... it redirects me to your homepage!!!! no download :)

Posted

Try right-click-save-as?

P

Posted

The first link just keeps redirecting to MoDaCo.com?

Posted

right-click-save-as. :)

P

Posted

Right click, save as doesn't work in Firefox. Redirects me to download "download.htm" ...

Posted

Right click, save as doesn't work in Firefox. Redirects me to download "download.htm" ...

does the same for me on both Firefox and IE.

Posted

Just rooted my Nexus One and everything seemed fine. The batch file went through ok. After my phone rebooted i had to sign in with my account and all my applications were there. Everything else seems to be working fine, but now I can't enable my Wi-Fi.

When I go to Settings > Wireless & Networks, under Wi-Fi it says "Unable to start Wi-Fi" and clicking the check box doesn't do anything. Has anyone tried rooting the phone with the 2.1-update1?

Has anyone experienced this problem? What would you guys recommend doing? The wireless worked before the root process.

Also (not sure if this is related) but when I click on the Superuser Permission app, nothing comes up.

Thanks,

Tomek

Posted

Just rooted my Nexus One and everything seemed fine. The batch file went through ok. After my phone rebooted i had to sign in with my account and all my applications were there. Everything else seems to be working fine, but now I can't enable my Wi-Fi.

When I go to Settings > Wireless & Networks, under Wi-Fi it says "Unable to start Wi-Fi" and clicking the check box doesn't do anything. Has anyone tried rooting the phone with the 2.1-update1?

Has anyone experienced this problem? What would you guys recommend doing? The wireless worked before the root process.

Also (not sure if this is related) but when I click on the Superuser Permission app, nothing comes up.

Thanks,

Tomek

I have the same problem ! I was lucky because I made a nandroid backup and I restored.... is there a bug?

Posted

Thanks,

Tomek

Why didn't you used the new(er) superboot with HiMem?

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...optional-himem/

Maybe that works?

Posted

This superboot is ONLY for ERD79.

I'll be fixing the two different stock posts shortly.

P

Posted

First post updated to include both ERD79 and ERE27 superboots.

P

Posted

First post updated to include both ERD79 and ERE27 superboots.

P

Does the ERE27 superboot have all the necessary bits and pieces for Wifi Tether (netfilter, ...)?

Thx.

Posted

No, I recommend using MCR for that - details.

P

Posted

Added MD5 hashes.

P

Posted

Great thanks! By the Way the link to one of the insecure vesions is broken "Insecure boot for ERE27 - download "

Kinds regards,

AD

Posted

Great thanks! By the Way the link to one of the insecure vesions is broken "Insecure boot for ERE27 - download "

Kinds regards,

AD

Fixed, thanks for the heads up!

P

Posted

Thank-you Paul, works like a charm.

Posted

Added ERE36B superboots!

P

Posted

Both links for ERE27 (normal and himem) are broken...

Posted

Working fine for me!

P

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Sorry wrong thread, was reading both this and the main ERE36B thread and managed to reply in this.

Edited by mostafa

Posted

I managed to download the ERE27 superboots with "right click"->"save link as..."

Many thanks for the root package - it worked like a charm.

Posted

hi i keep getting this error, activity SU request in application super user permissions is not responding, can some 1 please help me

Posted

hi i keep getting this error, activity SU request in application super user permissions is not responding, can some 1 please help me

got usb-debugging enabled?

(settings -> application -> development -> usb-debugging)

Posted

got usb-debugging enabled?

(settings -> application -> development -> usb-debugging)

sorry, yer missed that one, all working, sorry stupid question, i cant believe i missed that, sorry!!