08/Mar - Superboot ERD79 -> GRI40 - rooting the Nexus One

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest thedonut
Build Number EPE54B

Wanted to go to Froyo 2.2

Phone unlocked.Now tried to root phone. Followed instruction

1:Superboot for EPE54B with himem enabled - DOWNLOAD - MD5: f2ff5a15d5b3e61dc964dd421e23bf8f

2: - Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory

- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then press and hold the trackball to enter the bootloader

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'

3: all good. Phone connected and said done done.

4: rebooted phone and went to about phone: all info the same Build Number EPE54B and when to titanium backup and said root access => failed

what did I do wrong?

Jumans

Others have had this same problem (not a problem really... just no busybox). Click the "Problems?" button in Titanium Backup and allow it to install busybox.

Good luck!

Guest jumans
Others have had this same problem (not a problem really... just no busybox). Click the "Problems?" button in Titanium Backup and allow it to install busybox.

Good luck!

After a lot of sweating got it fixed. too a long time. But man it is sweet. Love froyo.

Guest moskuito
I have the EPF30: superboot is available for this? :(

thanks

bye

eli

same here.. any chance of getting superboot for EPF30 ? :(

Edited by moskuito

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NexusOne_Newbie

Hi all, I have successfully rooted my Nexus One EPE54B, following the instructions on first page. It works and now i have the root!

However, there's a problem with the WIFI, it now says "Unable to start Wi-Fi". Any expert here can help me fix the wifi?

Thanks a lot!

Guest chrisonline

Please help the Superboot for FRF83 does not root my phone.

My bootloader is unlocked.

In the command i see:

sending 'boot' (2368 KB) .... OKAY

writing 'boot' .... OKAY

After reboot i have the app superuser, but no root rights !??

Why?

Please help.

Before i had the FRF50 and i had root rights ...

Guest zizouth

In the command i see:

writing 'boot' .... OKAY

Why?

Please help.

Before i had the FRF50 and i had root rights ...

exactly same error...

Guest Iakhou

In the command i see:

writing 'boot' .... OKAY

I have the same "bug" too ;) i don't understand why :(

Edited by Iakhou

Guest fuzio1963
I have the same "bug" too ;) i don't understand why :(

Yup me too, but.............in order to install cust recovery, i need to have root. I was on un-rooted Froyo, installed superboot, then was able to install rec img 1.7.0.1. But other apps (autokiller) said that i have no root permissions. Weird!!! Am i rooted or not??

Guest Iakhou

I don't know if there is a link but my version of "permissions super-user" is v2.1.

I have trying with usb debug : same result

Edited by Iakhou

Guest ludo218

Same problem here, resolved by doing this :

adb shell

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

mkdir /system/xbin

rm /system/xbin/su

rm /system/bin/su

cat /superboot/su>/system/xbin/su

chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su

cat /superboot/Superuser.apk>/system/app/Superuser.apk

mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

(the second block is exactely the content of the script /superboot/superboot.sh).

Then reboot :(

edit : hmm this works with some apps (reoot explorer, nexus one torch...) but not with titanium backup : it asks me for root permission, I accept, see it in Superuser, but still complains that it doesn't have root

edit2 : nevermind, I forgot to click on "Problems?" button in titanium backup to install busybox ;)

Edited by ludo218

Guest Iakhou
Same problem here, resolved by doing this :

adb shell

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

mkdir /system/xbin

rm /system/xbin/su

rm /system/bin/su

cat /superboot/su>/system/xbin/su

chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su

cat /superboot/Superuser.apk>/system/app/Superuser.apk

mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

(the second block is exactely the content of the script /superboot/superboot.sh).

Then reboot :(

edit : hmm this works with some apps (reoot explorer, nexus one torch...) but not with titanium backup : it asks me for root permission, I accept, see it in Superuser, but still complains that it doesn't have root

edit2 : nevermind, I forgot to click on "Problems?" button in titanium backup to install busybox ;)

Thanks a lot to share your astuce but i don't understand how do that ? I should modify superboot ?

Guest ludo218
Thanks a lot to share your astuce but i don't understand how do that ? I should modify superboot ?

No, just download Superboot for FRF83, install it, then open a DOS command in the extracted Superboot directory on you computer (in Win 7 you can shift+right-click on the directory -> open command here), and type the commands. You may have to replace "adb shell" with "adb-windows.exe shell)

Edited by ludo218

Guest King_Dani

i have successfully upgraded but saddened to find out that this is still not the final Froyo version , since it lacks move to SD for apps. what a shame

Guest Iakhou
No, just download Superboot for FRF83, install it, then open a DOS command in the extracted Superboot directory on you computer (in Win 7 you can shift+right-click on the directory -> open command here), and type the commands. You may have to replace "adb shell" with "adb-windows.exe shell)

It's working ! :lol: :D :D thanks a lot ! :) :) :)

Edited by Iakhou

Guest mimobeatz

ugh, i can't superboot my nexus...im running on a mac and im doing what i read on the how to guides but it just doesn't seem to work...this is wat ill get

Last login: Fri Jun 25 16:42:24 on ttys000

Mauricio-Hales-MacBook-Pro:~ Mimo$ /Applications/1.0-FRF83-nexusone-superboot ./install-superboot-mac.sh

-bash: /Applications/1.0-FRF83-nexusone-superboot: is a directory

Mauricio-Hales-MacBook-Pro:~ Mimo$

any suggestions? help? appreciate it.

thanks

Been trying all options provided by people.

My ubuntu machine says okay on install-superboot-linux.sh but no luck with superuser perms.

using adb-linux is not helping either

it is unable to locate the device while fastboot is able to do it.

:lol: somebody help me out of this mess

Guest krikkrac

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I currently have Froyo 2.2 FRF83. I was previously rooted, and got Froyo via these instructions

http://androidspin.com/2010/06/23/how-to-g...ny-stock-build/

So now I do not have root anymore. I have installed Superboot for FRF83 and flashed it. It seems to have worked as I now have one new app, "Superuser" (is there supposed to be a second app?). However when I try to install "Titanium backup" it says that I lack root. Is there anything that I am doing wrong. Some step I am skipping? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Guest krikkrac
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I currently have Froyo 2.2 FRF83. I was previously rooted, and got Froyo via these instructions

http://androidspin.com/2010/06/23/how-to-g...ny-stock-build/

So now I do not have root anymore. I have installed Superboot for FRF83 and flashed it. It seems to have worked as I now have one new app, "Superuser" (is there supposed to be a second app?). However when I try to install "Titanium backup" it says that I lack root. Is there anything that I am doing wrong. Some step I am skipping? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance

EDIT:

Can someone please clarify the command prompt imputs. I am not technically savvy at all. Lol don't ask how I managed root the first time.

EDIT:

Ok got it working somehow : /

Edited by krikkrac

Guest Daiku

Hello, I'm having an issue with super user permissions not wanting to work. I'm running frf83 and am new to the whole rooting/ android thing. Came from an iPhone (hate them after getting my n1) anyway I've done everything I can think of in order to get root access. usb debugging is enabled and the dos promt said okay to the read and write. I've since tried using the adb tool like people have suggested and have had no luck. When I try and type su into the prompt it says no su or something and when I try the whole section of mounting and remounting everything when i get to /xbin/su it tells me no file exsist or something like that. Again usb debugging is enabled and I have the super user permissions app on/ available. If any one could attempt at helping me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my nexus one (ShapeWriter is beast)

Guest sonicjuice

Paul

I've apparently got a Google 'Holiday' developer phone running build ERD56C.

Am I safe to use the ERD79 version of SUPERBOOT?

cheers, Thomas

p.s. PM'd you about this phone in relation to another thread...

Guest ludo218
ugh, i can't superboot my nexus...im running on a mac and im doing what i read on the how to guides but it just doesn't seem to work...this is wat ill get

Last login: Fri Jun 25 16:42:24 on ttys000

Mauricio-Hales-MacBook-Pro:~ Mimo$ /Applications/1.0-FRF83-nexusone-superboot ./install-superboot-mac.sh

-bash: /Applications/1.0-FRF83-nexusone-superboot: is a directory

Mauricio-Hales-MacBook-Pro:~ Mimo$

any suggestions? help? appreciate it.

thanks

You have to go in the directory where you unzipped the downloaded file, then launch the script :

cd /Applications/1.0-FRF83-nexusone-superboot

./install-superboot-mac.sh
If the script doesn't launch, make it executable and launch it again :
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh

Edited by ludo218

Guest rashad1

Okay, I rooted my phone 1000x and I get this message:

sending 'boot' (2368 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... OKAY

Then when I reboot I have no SU rights...please help, I'm on a Mac btw