08/Mar - Superboot ERD79 -> GRI40 - rooting the Nexus One

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Zallos

i flash ERE54B with HTC Sense Rom twice but it still reboots at the HTC white screen over and over again.

Edited by Zallos

Guest xkonni
i flash ERE54B with HTC Sense Rom twice but it still reboots at the HTC white screen over and over again.

uhm?

EPE54B and Sense rom?

That sounds wrong, you can only have EPE54B or the Desire rom, not both.

Guest fr34k4rdy

Hi all I'm Fr34k4rdy and n00b in this world but I have a N1 and I try install RA-nexus-v1.6.2 on my N1

I unloked bootloader everyting ok but my problem start when try install root access I download Superboot for ERE27 MD5: 19d302e1bcb18932f009d2a36a3d688f

but when I try make ./install-superboot-mac.sh give me this error:

Fr34k4rdy:fastboot Fr34k4rdy$ ./install-superboot-mac.sh

ERROR: could not get pipe properties

sending 'boot' (2074 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... OKAY

I try install Superboot for ERE27 with himem enabled - MD5: 96a33732400d08888c605557c849ec61

Fr34k4rdy:fastboot Fr34k4rdy$ ./install-superboot-mac.sh

sending 'boot' (2074 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... OKAY

everyting ok

but when I use Terminal emulator

su

the terminal crash

and when I try install

Copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img to a location where fastboot can find it.

Boot your phone into fastboot mode (power on while holding the trackball)

Connect your phone via usb to your pc/mac/...

fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your phone)

fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img

Fr34k4rdy:Recovery Fr34k4rdy$ ./fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img

-bash: ./fastboot: No such file or directory

Sorry I don't know how to fix this and I need your help please

I use Mac Os X leopard

Edited by fr34k4rdy

Fr34k4rdy:Recovery Fr34k4rdy$ ./fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img

-bash: ./fastboot: No such file or directory

Sorry I don't know how to fix this and I need your help please

I use Mac Os X leopard

Isn't the command ./fastboot-mac not just ./fastboot

And are you in a directory where the fastboot program is?

Guest fr34k4rdy

Hi inf thanks to much for your help yes I have error

BAD

Now are everyting ok

Fr34k4rdy:fastboot Fr34k4rdy$ ./fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img

sending 'recovery' (3954 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... OKAY

GOOD

Thanks to much Inf god bless you

Guest DistortedLoop
Isn't the command ./fastboot-mac not just ./fastboot

And are you in a directory where the fastboot program is?

the ./ is only required if the fastboot files (or whatever program you're trying to execute) aren't in your $path. Not likely that many would bother editing their path, though.

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest mdotcass
links to Superboot for ERE27 doesn't wok

:)

I cant download the superboot ere27 either can someone help out i finally unlocked my bootloader and now i cant do anything

Guest ReneDroid

I have a question about superboot..

Iwe rooted my nexus one with the ERE27 superboot file (without himem), now im wondering what the difference is between what and the one with himem?

Also, if I wanted to flash the himem-version, would I need to wipe my ROM first, or can I just flash it without a wipe?

Im running CyanogenMod 5.0.4.1 btw.

I was also wondering if any1 had any experience with ERE36B being better than ERE27? I dont wanna risk brincking my phone for minor improvements..

Thx a lot :)

Guest cheloman

Hi

After I unlocked the bootloader, (I can see the unlock pick under the "X", I can see the "unlocked" message, etc..), I lost my PC connection with the nexus one in debug mode. So, I can´t put the superboot. My version is the ERE27, but I was suggested to use the EPE54B, but Im not sure if its the correct.

In normal boot mode, I have the connection, so I assume that the driver its right. I have the last sdk installed totally updated.

I dont know what to do.

Im trying under Windows XP SP3, the usb driver r3.

Any thoughts? Can anyone give me a hand to solve this?

Thank you!

Guest Nexitus

Hi Paul,

Can you double-check the MD5 checksum for EP54B with himem? It doesn't match the one I got back from checking. Perhaps you didn't update it?

Thanks

Guest Breece

Well I am kinda having a problem..

Just (yesterday) flashed Modaco 2.1,

Build: ERE36B with MCR 2.1, REBOOT REQUIRED

Everything works just fine!

Tried Superboot for ERE36B (w/without Highmem) and everything seems to work (Sending / Writing --> Okay).

But after a reboot my Android phone is not usable anymore.. "Phone needs to be closed" "Touch input needs ..." nothing works..

Tried with and without Debugging on --> No difference..

Am I doing something wrong? Everything is fine after a nice reflash (without a wipe), but no root...

Problems solved with new Modaco Rom :)

Edited by Breece

Guest RD-N1

Would like to get an image that supports the Nexus One ERE27 with the kernel mods for the netfilter to allow Wifi Tether to run as well.

I have kernel 2.6.29.6-gcbca6ae (root@vmware-karmic-x64) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #2 Wed Feb 3 11:17:06 GMT 2010 ...

superboot rooted and working well however the netfilter mods need to be there to run Wifi Tether... putting these together would make for an awesome combo!!

Guest cnraghu

Device - Nexus One (US - AT&T)

My Baseband version - 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

Software - Desire Rom Alpha r21

My Radio still shows as ERE27. Is there an option to upgrade it to ERE76 or do we have any issues with that.

Sorry if I sound dumb..... I tried searching the forum as well.

Guest avelec

Hi Paul,

First of all thanks for the works. I have been reading for 2 days about weather using ERE27 with himem or ERE27 without himem. I read several people having issue with either wifi/3g/bluetooth after superboot. And I also read that ERE27 with himem has somethiong to do with the updated wifi driver in the first page.

I have the original ERE27 build number (T-Mobile USA). If I use the superboot ERE27 with himem, do you think I will run into problem with either wifi/3g/bluetooth? Or is the problem cause by operator error when flashing.

Also see some suggestion of updating to EPE54B radio. Any advantage?

Thanks in advance.

Guest amiantos

Just wanted to chime in for people who are having problems: I installed superboot himem ERE27 and my wifi connection stopped working. It would connect and turn on and all that, but I couldn't actually browse the internet on it. For some reason other stuff came through, but I couldn't browse the net. Might be some sort of weird DNS error.

Even though I am in the US, I installed the EPE76 rom (as I've read this is an EU update) and then superboot himem and now my Wifi works just fine. Don't see any problems with going from ERD79 to ERE27 to EPE76. According to what I've read EPE76 lacks certain things the US roms have, not sure what that is about, but following this three update chain my phone seems totally normal. Will report back if I have any other weird issues.

Anybody think I should NOT be using EPE76 because I am on T-Mobile USA?

Edit: Just noticed some of my paid apps are missing in the market. I am assuming this is because a game like Homerun Battle 3D isn't available outside of the US? Going to try to downgrade I guess.

Edit 2: Oh, I get it now, I have to pay for a premium membership so I can get a build 'cooked' with the ERE27 fingerprint. That's pretty lame. Considering wifi doesn't work on ERE27 superboot-himem and that's my only option... that sucks a lot.

Edit 3: Ok, now I'm really annoyed. Reverted to ERE27 and certain paid apps still won't show up in my market, apps I've paid for even. I have them installed already luckily but why won't they show up now? Do I need to do some sort of super full wipe all over again to get it all back? Goddamn, why does everything have to be such a fiasco.

Edit 4: Nandroid restored to pre-cyanogenmod pre-rom flashing fiasco to my base ERE27 I started the day with, then ran superboot himem on it and... viola! wifi works and... I got himem! Looks like all is well...

Edited by amiantos