MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

N1 Battery Life?

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Any thoughts?

I've heard rumor of 1400mAh batt which would make it 50mAh larger than the hero...

I get about 2 days use out of my hero if im in good signal area...

Just wondering if that larger screen (although amoled) and proccess would kick the batt life in the nuts.

Posted · Report post

Forget that, the 1GHz Snapdragon is gonna suck the battery most I imagine! :)

P

Posted · Report post

but the AMOLED display should save battery or not?

Posted · Report post

Well according to that 3rd Gear review he got 12 hours of heavy use before it died.

But that depends what you clarify as heavy use..

But To be honest if it lasts as long as my hero than thats fine with me. Compaired to my old HTC TyTN II the hero has miles of batt life.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted · Report post

Isn't the Snapdragon designed to optimise battery life. Obviously it is still a faster processor but hopefully it's not as big a battery drain as a different 1Ghz processor might have been

Posted (edited) · Report post

For me it lasts on average a couple of days with WiFi on most of the time and using it a lot more than I used to with the G1.

Also GPS and display seem not to drain the battery too much (ie with MyTracks or games).

I dont do long calls so I'm not sure how that influence the battery.

Compared to the G1 is a massive improvement.

Edited by RastaCre

Posted · Report post

Hallo World,

How does it perform? Can it be compared to Acer Liquid? Thanks

Posted · Report post

Hallo World,

How does it perform? Can it be compared to Acer Liquid? Thanks

Easy I would say based on my 1 day of owning it. Still in the honeymoon "LOOK AT MY HANDSET" period where I am using it all the time and it came off charge this morning at 07:00 and its now 16:00 and it has 40% left.

Posted · Report post

Easy I would say based on my 1 day of owning it. Still in the honeymoon "LOOK AT MY HANDSET" period where I am using it all the time and it came off charge this morning at 07:00 and its now 16:00 and it has 40% left.

A decent battery but thats about it. HTC Hero with modaco ROM performs better IMO. (I am using them aboth as we speak)!

Posted · Report post

Higher speed CPU doesn't necessarily mean more power usage, as they get more energy efficient all the time. I don't know about the Snapdragon specifically. An AMOLED is definitely lower power than LCD though.

Posted · Report post

ive only had it fo 2 days but overall Battery usage is a lot better than my liquid

i can go through a 12hr day with about 40% left compared to liquid which was left with less than 10 after 12hrs

similar usage on both (only had liquid for a weekor so)

now with nexus biggest battery hog seems to be display (77%) light use and a few calls during the day

Posted · Report post

Ive heard reports about the N1 getting warm to the touch from charging or from usage, we should see if theres a pattern between the units getting warm and battery life.

My N1 gets warm to the touch from long use and from charging also and I got about 5 hours of extensive use which puts it to 30% (kept unlocking screen every 5 minutes to do something, used for 20 mins at a time). Last night from 100% left it idle til this morning, 9hr 30mins and it was at 40% or so.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ive heard reports about the N1 getting warm to the touch from charging or from usage, we should see if theres a pattern between the units getting warm and battery life.

My N1 gets warm to the touch from long use and from charging also and I got about 5 hours of extensive use which puts it to 30% (kept unlocking screen every 5 minutes to do something, used for 20 mins at a time). Last night from 100% left it idle til this morning, 9hr 30mins and it was at 40% or so.

All devices with a battery gets warm if you use something that drains battery (or charging battery) fast (browser,gaming and so on) both my iphone and my nokia E71 gets very hot when pushing the battery / e71 as wireless router gets so hot I cannot even have it in my pocket :)

So this is normal.

Edited by bystro