Programme to sync corporate outlook email when Activesync has been disabled?

Guest Gooner4_1998

Guest Gooner4_1998

Hi

I recently bought an HTC HD2 and set it up to sync with my works outlook email using my OWA URL, login name and password. This was all working fine for a few days until it suddenly stopped.

Having investigated the issue it appears that my IT department have disabled ActiveSync on my account so now I am unable to sync my mail with my mobile.

Does anyone know of any application / programme that can sync with email using OWA with ActiveSync disabled. I found one programme called Chronobis which looked promising but it doesn't work with Exchange 2007 which means its no good for me!

I am unable to involve my IT department in any solution so I need to be able to sort it without admin privelages on my exchange server.

I'm desperate to get my mail back on my phone so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Tarik

Edited by Gooner4_1998

Guest richard_d
I'm desperate to get my mail back on my phone so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Tarik

I can't sync with my exchange server, but if you can install activesync on your PC you can sync with your local outlook.

Guest Gooner4_1998

Unfortunatley I don't have admin privaleges on my work laptop but thanks for the suggestion!

There is a programme called Chronobis that should work but I cant for the life of me get it up and running and the developer no longer supports it!

• 2 months later...
Guest andybarker

If your corporate system is set up to support it, IMAP would be another option. Will only sync emails, and not contacts and calendar.

Is what we use for people with simpler mobiles that want to read their emails.

Guest tsutton

If your I.T. admin disabled it, then they DID it for a reason... maybe they do not want the company e-mails to be floating outside their company. What happens if your phone get stolen? They will not be able to do a remote wipe, etc etc.

If I would you, I would respect their decision and not to try to find a way round to it otherwise you'll be in big trouble. How else did they know that you were doing it up to the point where they disabled it? They could have been looking at the logs which tracked down to you.

Try to talk to them and find out why and see if you both come up with an agreement.