Paul's Superboot(Root) mod + (Smaller Font & Bigger Screen) + HOWTO Repack

Guest AcerDroid

Guest AcerDroid
Well it looks like me not being able to execute the boot option and having to flash my repacked images is perhaps to do with the original boot.img itself (which is the superboot.img). I am going to try now with a nandroid backup image.

I say this because I just downloaded the HTC passion ROM (is this the nexus one rom?) and unpacked its boot.img. I then made some comparison editing along side the superboot.img. I then repacked a new boot.img with the liquid.superboot kernel and the passion ramdisk. Then using this mashed up boot.img that I repacked, I could issues the fastboot-linux -i 0x0502 boot acerpassion.img and it booted!!! This is the first time the boot command has worked for me.

As for the custom boot.img it makes it to the home screen/unlock screen. But when I press any of the navigation buttons (e.g. home, menu, back, search) it crashed back to the blue ANDROID logo and boots back to the lock screen. So this is hopeful but much editing to do. But at least now I have an idea about why I am not able to issue the boot command. ;)

Wow youre great dude B) mine is worse, I am trying to use Nexus One superboot hoping that it provides non-underclocked kernel cuz I know It has the same CPU like on our Liquid. I tried to repacked it using the same ramdisk but kernel from NexusOne but It doesnt boot, I am always redirected to fastboot. Anyways, I'll be busy this coming days, back to school after holidays :)

Edited by AcerDroid

Guest behnaam
Wow youre great dude ;) mine is worse, I am trying to use Nexus One superboot hoping that it provides non-underclocked kernel cuz I know It has the same CPU like on our Liquid. I tried to repacked it using the same ramdisk but kernel from NexusOne but It doesnt boot, I am always redirected to fastboot. Anyways, I'll be busy this coming days, back to school after holidays :)

Thats pretty obvious, u cant boot a kernel from another device on the Liquid or any device. The kernel is related to the hardware in the device and includes all the drivers etc. So u always have to add Liquid kernel to every boot.img u make.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

Can you share the mkbootimg utility what you have used for packing? The link what you have provided to download behnaam's mkbootimg was not working.

Regards,

Vasisg

Guest dan amantea

all this for changing lcd density? I don't understand why.... I just change it in system/build.prop qemu.sf.lcd_density=192 (this setting works best with a 5x6 launcher) much easier then repacking boot images :)