[ROMS][THEMES] NuROMS - i910 DC22 & CF03

Guest waremike32

Guest Chimp
I think the lockups were related to file explorer extensions. I've removed it in V2. If you report an issue, please let me know which rom/version you are running.

Actually, I'm using the v2 version... was still getting the lockups so I don't think that was totally it. Today, for instance, I couldn't rename a folder in Resco Explorer without it locking up (right after I did the rename and then clicked Ok). Lot of other lockups too.... had to reset about 4-5 times today.

Maybe it is just the 23559 ROM itself? BTW, I thought I saw something like 23563 out now... Gonna try that sometime on my kitchen if I can ever get my OEM straightened out.

/Chimp

Guest waremike32

@Elftmannxb - install other keyboards by cab.

@Chimp - I don't know why your phone was crashing so much. I can't recreate any lockups on my V2. Hard reset and see if any problems persist.

Guest catnapped
there might be a regedit or something to do that, i'm not sure though since i've never tried. there should also be a way to get rid of the icon that covers the clock. when i cook into my ROMs, the icon isnt there and i just map a hardware button to showcase.

Found it--SKTools...has a setting to get rid of the clock on top. ;)

Guest ryknow27
Hey waremike,

Excellent rom but do you know what causes the youtube and facebook icons to be blank in the start menu?

Thanks

Don't mean to double post but does anyone know why this happens? It also happened with the CF03 version.

Guest rpmm70
Actually, I'm using the v2 version... was still getting the lockups so I don't think that was totally it. Today, for instance, I couldn't rename a folder in Resco Explorer without it locking up (right after I did the rename and then clicked Ok). Lot of other lockups too.... had to reset about 4-5 times today.

Maybe it is just the 23559 ROM itself? BTW, I thought I saw something like 23563 out now... Gonna try that sometime on my kitchen if I can ever get my OEM straightened out.

/Chimp

I am still using DC22 Flotanium v1. My phone was locking up when I first flashed to the ROM. I reflashed followed by a hard reset and it hasn't locked up since. Like waremike mentioned, it is a good idea to hard reset after flashing.

Guest dbsimms63

Very nice job. I have been wanting a WM 6.5 ROM for quite some time, but have been hesitant, but since I was flashing to the new update, I figured I would go ahead and do it. I had one issue which I PM'd you about, if I can get that resolved I'll be perfect.

Guest waremike32
Don't mean to double post but does anyone know why this happens? It also happened with the CF03 version.

I believe it's an issue with the built in SD card. Backup anything on there you want to keep, then reformat My Storage.

Guest Luacious

Ok Waremike, or other Waremike Rom Users,

Love the UI, love the rom, need some help tho, hehe

Ok, where do i find my cab files to install new apps on here? This is my first windows mobile device, and my first flashed rom =) Running your DC22 most recent Touchflo

Thanks guys

And really looks good Waremike =)

More noob questions to come =)

Guest Luacious

Ok, now i have a real issue. Under Wifi tab in connection settings, it shows my Wifi, and it says available, when i click on it, it says connecting, then disappears, and then comes back up as available. tried about 20 times, same result, what am i doing wrong?

Guest rpmm70
Ok, now i have a real issue. Under Wifi tab in connection settings, it shows my Wifi, and it says available, when i click on it, it says connecting, then disappears, and then comes back up as available. tried about 20 times, same result, what am i doing wrong?

You aren't doing anything wrong. Sometimes there can be a slight issue with the Wi-Fi. You need to toggle the Wi-Fi power save setting. Go to Start Menu -> Settings -> System -> Power -> WiFi. Disable the Wi-Fi power saving mode, save, then enable. It should work fine after that.

Also as a side note. If you find the solution to your question, you can edit the original post instead of creating a new one. It just helps keep the thread a little cleaner. If you need help with anything else, feel free to ask.

Edited by rpmm70

Guest rpmm70
what can I do to replace the keyboard in this mod? anything? i would like to have a keyboard that would fit my huge fingers! I had a samsung instinct, and that keyboard was not bad, also I found this one

I know that blazingwolf uses that keyboard in his ROMs, but I am not sure if there is a cab for it. There are quite a few keyboards out there. Finger Keyboard works well and I attached it for you.

FingerKeyboard_v2.1.cab

Edited by rpmm70

Guest robertjm

I'd echo the good comments on Finger Keyboard. While the default skins have small keys, especially, the portrait one, you CAN make your own skins with whatever size keys you want, as well as eliminate keys that are added, but not usually used.

Once I get done dabbling with my skin I'll definitely share it, but I'm not sure how long that'll be, because I'm tweaking it a bit.

Robert

I know that blazingwolf uses that keyboard in his ROMs, but I am not sure if there is a cab for it. There are quite a few keyboards out there. Finger Keyboard works well and I attached it for you.

Guest Luacious
I'd echo the good comments on Finger Keyboard. While the default skins have small keys, especially, the portrait one, you CAN make your own skins with whatever size keys you want, as well as eliminate keys that are added, but not usually used.

Once I get done dabbling with my skin I'll definitely share it, but I'm not sure how long that'll be, because I'm tweaking it a bit.

Robert

I did not like that fingerkeyboard LOL, thank you for sending it tho, very thoughtful =)

I found this one here post # 129 to tide me over, til I can find a nice fat one, or make one, I have really really fatty fingers, all this typing and they dun get skinny ><

its the white samsung keyboard, bit wider, but the buttons not much bigger, the wideness makes it harder to hit 3-4 keys a time lol, i mean FATTY fingers =)

Guest dbsimms63

I added a different keyboard to mine, or tried to. I had Swype on my WM 6.1, got it before all the stuff about it being removed. But it was made for the WM 6.1. Anyone know of a way , through the registry to make it work with the WM 6.5? Also, Mike, where can I find the call log on your ROM? I like to look at missed calls and previously made calls, but I can't find it for the life of me. Thanks again for all your hard work.

hey thanks so much for the new updated ROM. it's appreciated!

one thing i'd like to change and can't figure out how. in the m2d2 on the internet page, how can i change the main browser from explorer to opera. i have opera set as default, but the big internet link still goes to explorer. how can i change this??

thanks!

Guest rpmm70
I added a different keyboard to mine, or tried to. I had Swype on my WM 6.1, got it before all the stuff about it being removed. But it was made for the WM 6.1. Anyone know of a way , through the registry to make it work with the WM 6.5? Also, Mike, where can I find the call log on your ROM? I like to look at missed calls and previously made calls, but I can't find it for the life of me. Thanks again for all your hard work.

If a program works for 6.1, I think it should work for 6.5. The easiest way to get to the Call Log is to push the call button and go to Call History.

hey thanks so much for the new updated ROM. it's appreciated!

one thing i'd like to change and can't figure out how. in the m2d2 on the internet page, how can i change the main browser from explorer to opera. i have opera set as default, but the big internet link still goes to explorer. how can i change this??

thanks!

You need to change a setting using M2D2. It comes installed in the Flotanium ROM. You can always search for it in the forum.

Guest robertjm

I'm curious. Are you typing in landscape mode, or in portrait mode? Portrait is going to always have smaller key sizes due to the nature of the screen size (240 vs 400). Thought I'd throw that out. I'm getting used to portrait because I'm forcing myself to keep using it, but there certainly is lots more real estate when you turn the phone on its side!.

Later,

Robert

I did not like that fingerkeyboard...I have really really fatty fingers, all this typing and they dun get skinny ><

its the white samsung keyboard, bit wider, but the buttons not much bigger, the wideness makes it harder to hit 3-4 keys a time lol, i mean FATTY fingers =)

Guest garbageguts

I am using V2 DC22 Build 23559 Titanium only. I am experiencing lockups when using Opera Mobile 10. The previous build version of DC22 worked fine. Also, keyboard selection keeps reverting back to original flash keyboard, after each soft reset. In this Rom, it seems that something is cycling and causing the lockups. I expect it might be something in the WM build and not your kitchen/build that you are using.

Guest Sean8172

I installed the Flotanium ROM, and I must say it is very attractive...and very friendly. I am not a n00b, but I'm no pro, either. Thus, I have a question. I live in Central Time, yet the time will randomly (and automatically) revert to Eastern Time. It is quite frustrating, because it does in every few minutes. I am constantly changing the setting back. Anyone have any idea what is causing this, or how to correct the problem? This has occurred with the last three ROMS I have used, so I'm thinking it may be some setting I'm missing somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest lookinforinfo

I posted this message on anther post about these roms. I hope it is not wrong to repost it here. I am hoping for some help with something good. thanks to all and especially mike

first rom of yours that I have used and I love it. I want to let you know how great it is and works so smoothly.

I do have a question for all though. Do you know of a program like SPB Phone Suite that will work with these? I could not get the icons up where I can get to them easily. I use the block very often and love the whitelist and blacklist on it. I will gladly use any program that will work on this and has those features. I just hate having to navigate through the screens before I can switch from one to the other. My inlaws are not in good health and it makes it nice to be able to have their calls get through anytime but not be bothered by others.

Guest The Eleven
I posted this message on anther post about these roms. I hope it is not wrong to repost it here. I am hoping for some help with something good. thanks to all and especially mike

first rom of yours that I have used and I love it. I want to let you know how great it is and works so smoothly.

I do have a question for all though. Do you know of a program like SPB Phone Suite that will work with these? I could not get the icons up where I can get to them easily. I use the block very often and love the whitelist and blacklist on it. I will gladly use any program that will work on this and has those features. I just hate having to navigate through the screens before I can switch from one to the other. My inlaws are not in good health and it makes it nice to be able to have their calls get through anytime but not be bothered by others.

I used to use SPB Phone Suite and when I switched to Titanium I went with Photo Contacts Pro, I've used it with a number of ROMs including this new DC22 V2 ROM without any problems. You can do all that you're asking for and more. My favorite feature is that my phone goes to "flight mode" at night and back to "loud mode" at 6:00am. Although your inlaws are in poor health (I wish you the best for them), mine are in good health and I don't want their calls!

I hope this helps.