06/01 0.3.1 - Lickonn recovery image

Guest lickonn

Guest lickonn

This is my recovery image for Acer Liquid !

I build it for my own use, but i'm sure it can also help you !

Rebuild and modified with my own stuff from Cyanogen's sources. Thanks for this great job Cyanogen !

Update : 0.3.1

- fix a small bug on app2sd partition in recovery mode

Update : 0.3

- improved speed of functions

Update : 0.2

- Auto fsck on /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 and /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

- reboot after a wipe

- fix some little bugs

Features of my recovery are :

- update rom with update.zip system (update.zip, or other, in root of sdcard)

- nandroid backup (note : a bug can loop the backup/restoration. Please remove the usb cable before launching the backup/restore, and plug it again after backup/restore)

- nandroid restore (note : a bug can loop the backup/restoration. Please remove the usb cable before launching the backup/restore, and plug it again after backup/restore)

- mount/umount sdcard

- enable/disable root on current system

- split SD for app2sd (be carrefull ! this will erase all you sdcard, include nandroid backup...PLEASE BACKUP YOUR SDCARD BEFORE)

- move app2sd ! (you must use lickonn rom to use it) (you can delete /data/app.back and /data/app-private.back after)

- fix uid

- wipe data (include app2sd data) - auto reboot after wipe

- wipe only dalvik cache (usefull sometimes)

- copy the recovery log to your sdcard

Included :

- Busybox 1.15

- ADB root

- Nandroid Mobile

- SDParted

- Fix permissions script by Cyanogen

- APP2SD script from Cyanogen

- Parted

- Sqlite

A small screenshot from ddms :

post-632627-1262537184_thumb.png

How to use it ?

- Put your device in bootloader mode

- Extract the recovery image

- Flash the recovery.img file : fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery recovery.img

- Reboot in recovery mode

Next step : a first rom based on stock rom !

Want to support me ? Donate ! http://tinyurl.com/donatelickonn

lickonn_recovery_0.3.1.zip

Edited by lickonn

Guest lickonn
Nice work. Which source did you base it on?

P

I used cyanogen source's, pieces of codes found on internet, some XDA scripts, and my own stuff (to fit Liquid screen, to flush screen, to add Liquid button ect).

adb cant find my device and when I use this guide:

"1. Find the recovery image you want and MAKE SURE IT IS FOR YOUR PHONE (should say in where you download it what phone it is for).

2. Write down the filename of the recovery image EXACTLY as it is written (i.e. RA-Hero-Recovery-v1.2.2.img).

3. Put the recovery image file on the SD card (not in any folders).

4. Download Terminal from the Market if you don’t already have it and install it (there are a few different terminals in the Market some have an onscreen keyboard and some don’t experiment till you get one, also hold down Menu in some of them to bring up the onscreen keyboard if you don’t see it).

5. Open the Terminal program and type the following (with hitting enter at the end of each line):

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/name-of-recovery.img

6. In the above text, replace name-of-recovery.img with the name of your recovery image (make sure the .img is on the end).

7. Phone should pause for a second and then show you a new blank line. Turn it off and back on by holding down Home and Power to ensure it flashed correctly. Done."

It cant find the image file, anybody know why?

Edit: actually it says flash: not found

Is flash something that shall execute the command thats missing on my Liquid?

This worked like a dream on my Hero.

Edited by B1ny

Guest drigerott

with Quickboot from the Market i was able to enter the recovery....but for button support? what shoul i press? volume down + power dowsn't still work usb plugged and unplugged ^^

i flashed it, but i can't enter in recovery mode.

volume down + power botton but the phone star on normally any help? :)

Guest batista70
with Quickboot from the Market i was able to enter the recovery....but for button support? what shoul i press? volume down + power dowsn't still work usb plugged and unplugged ^^

Yes me too, only with quickboot

Guest lickonn
nice work, guy!! :)

btw, what sources as well as which version of android is your custom rom based on?

First, modding stock rom. I'm also building/running AOSP 2.0 sucessfully but need more investigation to see if it can work properly (i mean radio/wifi/bt). Depend on my free time and the community interest.

Guest batista70
Great ;) form me is volume up + camera button + power plugged to usb (unplugged vibrate 2 times then nothing heppens B) )

With volume DOWN it starts after some seconds :)

Guest samuel.omlin
First, modding stock rom. I'm also building/running AOSP 2.0 sucessfully but need more investigation to see if it can work properly (i mean radio/wifi/bt). Depend on my free time and the community interest.

To Lickonn,

First off, thanks for your efforts on customizing ROM with android for A1droid (namely, Acer Liquid).

In addition, would you like to launch a project about porting android into A1droid on Google Hosting or any places else? When doing so then, most probably, there are more guys like you and me to participate in to and constantly contribute efforts to the Project followed by currently your work with A1droid!!

That's it!! Have fun!! :)

--

Samuel