[UPDATED]: Samsung I7500 mustymod ROM (Android 2.0)

Guest mustymod

Guest buch85

i've noticed that the quality of the sent audio during a phone call is bad (the audio received by the other phone).

The quality of the received audio is perfect!

I made 5 tests with full signal, different people and rebooting the phone after the 2nd call (just in case :))

Guest frostering

Yes, during my calls the other people say me that hear too far. And only one person said that he listened interferences.

The audio quality on the galaxy is perfect.

Guest Igor01

Negative points:

-Everything described by other people

-Music and Listen don't seem to work through headphones

-Every button on the front of the phone wakes the phone, would be better if it was just the power/call end button that wakes it

-External SD Card doesn't seem to work

I got something to add here:

Regarding your point about the locking/unlocking, here is what i found out: there is some time (10sec) after you locked the phone, when every other button on the front can awake the phone again. however after some waiting it can only be unlocked by the "end-call"-button.

And here are some other suggestions:

• music etc. can not be heard with the ear-phones
  • i got quite a lot FCs after rebooting (handcent, some gapps..)
  • there is no Galery-App installed on the phone as far as i know (so you are also not able to use own pictures as wallpaper)
  • neither GPS nor the locating with "mobile networks" is functionally
  • neither the G- nor the 3G-Symbol shows the arrows while down-/uploading data

So far so good =)

And again: thanks for your awsome work!! (I just can't say this often enough :) )

Guest solidify

Hi,

could a tester please verify that RTA Audio Analyzer (market://search?q=pname:radonsoft.net.rta) works on Eclair? It requires a higher sampling frequency for the audio input/record (with 1.5 on samsung it was < 8kHz, while the G1-Rom had been modified by htc to support 48kHz). I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Solidify

Guest jazzedmurf

mustymod,

Thank you for all the hard work you've done! I'm a member of AndroidForums, and one of the moderators mentioned your work. I have a Samsung Behold 2, which is nearly identical to the Samsung Galaxy in terms of hardware. Would it be possible to use your ROM on the Behold 2? If not, and because they are so similar, would you be interested in getting your ROM to work on a Behold 2? I only ask because we at AndroidForums love our Samsungs, but the non-Android TouchWiz interface that Samsung has overlaid is aggravatingly buggy and slow. We would love to get the stock 2.0 working on our phones, and your ROM is the best hope of that thus far.

Thanks again for all your efforts,

Murf

Guest Jorge Eduardo Birck

Great, great news!!

Thank you Mustymod, you're the guy. I will test and DONATE when a newer version with wi-fi and others things working. Please continues this work, there's a lot of people waiting for this upgrade. "where's the donate button" ? :)

Thanks again!

Guest haidav

thanks for your great works

1.the wifi work fine

2.le phone ne trouve pas ma position mémé en wifi even en désactivant l'option gps

3.the compss dont work to

4.I managed to have up to 53 RAM

Guest chrmhoffmann

Hi mustymod,

thank you for your great work. Do you mind explaining a little bit how you managed to get the phone's GSM/ril functionality working (especially regarding the questions raised in this thread here over at androidforums.com)?

Thanks a lot,

Chris

Edited by chrmhoffmann

Guest Tareq Sharafy

GREAT ! B)

Can you please publish the source code? It'll great if this very special mod goes open source :)

I say so cuz Android doesn't support BIDI well.. and I'd be glad to help adding such feature to mustymod (I speak Hebrew and Arabic..)

Keep it up

Guest Dimitar2

i need help! i totally badword up my phone and now it is only showing "Samsung Galaxy" at the beggin and nothing happens! i try to restore it in restore mode several times, but nothing worked! Can someone tell me what i can do?

i was wondering if a wipe was still needed after flashing the new update ? cause even if the 3g icon is now animated, the wifi is still not working for me B)

edit : ok it needed a wipe indeed :)

Edited by str

Guest buch85

there is a little bug: the calendar sync never stops.

I looked in the app manager and i've seen that the calendar sync process starts, keep going for 4-5 seconds and than restarts.

I hope this will help solving this problem

Hi,mustymod, thank for your great job! Tell me, please, do you may added to Rom support multi-touch?

Where is donation-button?

Why want all have multitouch? I think its so uninteressting like watching growing weed :)

The only things u can use with multitouch is the browser and images. Not that good i think. If google enable it in Maps maybe then but now. I don't really need it, yet.

Its my opinion.

U want Multitouch? Buy an IPhone B) no just kidding we all hate that phone right !

And honestly threre are more important things to do on this rom. Plz Mustymod don't waste time on multitouch, mybe later.

Back to topic:

The new Version is really good wifi works for me just fine. The only think i miss in this version is adb. In version 1.0 it worked just fine.

Thanks again for your work...

i hate iphones but multi-touch for typing and drum rythmic sounds programs (midi interface or watever) would be cool so its still an useful fonction now the real question is : does the galaxy screen support it ?

Edited by str

Guest MartinT1985

Hi,

first of all i'd like to thank you for your work.

When i go to the Recovery i always getting

"E:can't find misc"

is there a Rectools.tar.gz that i should use like the drakaz recovery?

thanks a lot!

Guest frostering

Well, the battery life is too far from the k5 firm yet. The perfermonce is ok, and still waiting to the other functions

There is a litte bug, when enabling/disabling wifi sometimes my sim card resets, and i have to unlock it again

Guest buch85
i think you need to disable it from the power management widget to stop it :)

disabling the sync solves the problem but not the bug ;)

btw it's great to access to wpa enterprise secured wifi. It's hard to believe it's real B)