Xperia X2 OFFICIALLY not coming to Vodafone UK

Guest PaulOBrien

In reponse to the questions surrounding the Xperia X2 release in the UK, I have an official response from Sony Ericsson, as follows...

Sony Ericsson can confirm that the X2 will not be released by Vodafone in the UK. The delivery date of the product has slipped due to extended testing and the product, that was exclusive to Vodafone in the UK, no longer fits within their planned portfolio. The handset is available in other Sony Ericsson markets however. Sony Ericsson is disappointed not to make this phone available to consumers in the UK but in 2010 the company will offer a number of innovative, stand-out products in the market.

Were you waiting for this handset? Your thoughts?

My full review is still to come... :)

P

Guest Sonicr360

Paul

Am I to understand that it is Vodafone not releasing it to the UK, or Sony itself making an executive decision about this?

Would guess you can get the phone SIM free at a price?

Not that I want it. And I can say it was not a phone I was really interested in or looking forward to for that matter.

Any news going to be posted about the Nexus One ??

Guest Vibein

Think the X2 will get over shadowed by all the new android handsets N1, X10 etc. They may as well have not bothered releasing it considering the delay. Business users might still bite.

Going to be available this week in Europe so will not be impossible to get hold off.

Guest Sonicr360
Think the X2 will get over shadowed by all the new android handsets N1, X10 etc. They may as well have not bothered releasing it considering the delay. Business users might still bite.

Going to be available this week in Europe so will not be impossible to get hold off.

Sounds like Google and Apple may have the lions share. As you say, most WM devices are going to be overshadowed by alternatives.

And seeing as (apparantly) WM7 is due out this year, why would anyone want 6.5 now?

Guest Neil5459

Sounds like another 'marketing' decision by Vodafone's accountants :)

"Lets avoid selling anything that will take sales away from our new iPhone push- because we earn more from iPhone sales on an item by item basis due to the mix of unit cost, tariff charge and unit price to the customer"

The same thing has killed off the HD2 on Vodafone as well- and that is far from an inferior device!

Guest Sonicr360
Sounds like another 'marketing' decision by Vodafone's accountants :)

"Lets avoid selling anything that will take sales away from our new iPhone push- because we earn more from iPhone sales on an item by item basis due to the mix of unit cost, tariff charge and unit price to the customer"

The same thing has killed off the HD2 on Vodafone as well- and that is far from an inferior device!

Is'nt Vodafone also looking to sell the Nexus One from Google ?

Guest aden50

I had been waiting for this after my i900 broke, but last week decided I could cope with a larger phone and got the HD2. Should arrive any day, so glad I didn't hang on.

• 4 months later...
Guest Devid

Hi,

The Xperia X2 was expected to land at Vodafone running under Microsoft's Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system. The mobile phone was announced officially a few months ago, and Sony Ericsson has been hard at work ever since with the development of software solutions for it, yet it seems that the company failed to deliver the handset to the market in due time.

Thanks

Devid

backup battery for iphone 3g

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.