• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

i8000 TMC driver development

178 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey guys, first: Great job!!

Second: Do i have to plug the earpice for enhance the radio signal? Or it should work without the earpice?

My problem is: i went to phj page, downloaded and installed all the stuff.

Then i opened the HyperGPS, enabled TMC at COM4.

Opened iGO, and told it to look for TMC hardware. Then i receive a MSG that TMC is not available... Is this due a lack of radio signal or my city does not have TMC?

You need excellent signal to receive TMC information, so you need to connect an antenna - not necessary the earpice, but a half meter cable connected somehow to the outest part of the jack ( I use a normal jack cutted at the first tag).

Posted · Report post

You need excellent signal to receive TMC information, so you need to connect an antenna - not necessary the earpice, but a half meter cable connected somehow to the outest part of the jack ( I use a normal jack cutted at the first tag).

could you post a pick of what you mean by a normal jack cut at first tag...

Posted · Report post

could you post a pick of what you mean by a normal jack cut at first tag...

this picture maybe help you. Excuse me, the site is Hungarian, but yhe picture is international

Posted · Report post

this picture maybe help you. Excuse me, the site is Hungarian, but yhe picture is international

there is no picture....

Posted · Report post

There is a command line to enable or disable the program with mortscript ?

Posted · Report post

there is no picture....

I have, but now link directly just to the picture here

Posted · Report post

There is a command line to enable or disable the program with mortscript ?

Not really need that, the HyperGPS has a switch program, which starting the TMC reception, start the navigation program, wait until finished and unload the TMC driver. Please study this link, at the HGPS_Switch:

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately I'm not responsible for the TMC protocols - it is done by hypergps.dll , so please contact BeemerTPPC at xda.

So I assume your dll sends the radio data to HyperGPS without any difference regarding Royaltek or GNS?

To enable GNS TMC you need to set TMC mode in HyperGPS to TMC+GPS, then it should work fine.

That is exactly what I did.

The strage thing is that it works with TMC & Royaltek where I receive those

$RTRDS and $RTTMC signals in HyperGPS test mode.

When I switch to TMC+GPS & GNS I only receive blocks of hex code. I'm just wondering as I read plenty of comments by happy GNS/Navigator users that HyperGPS and the GNS decoding works perfectly with Navigator 7.

Any ideas?

cu

Marc

Posted · Report post

PHJ, thanks, you were right... I just pluged the earpiece and iGo found the TMC hardware, but got no signal.. But i think there is no TMC implemented in my country yet...

Posted · Report post

Why so complicated? The normal earphone speaker work perfectly :)

Greetings

_joker_

Posted · Report post

So I assume your dll sends the radio data to HyperGPS without any difference regarding Royaltek or GNS?

That is exactly what I did.

The strage thing is that it works with TMC & Royaltek where I receive those

$RTRDS and $RTTMC signals in HyperGPS test mode.

When I switch to TMC+GPS & GNS I only receive blocks of hex code. I'm just wondering as I read plenty of comments by happy GNS/Navigator users that HyperGPS and the GNS decoding works perfectly with Navigator 7.

Any ideas?

cu

Marc

Yes, my code send the RAW RDS data ( not just TMC, but other groups also ) so the 4 word at a time to the client which connected - this can be a radio program or HyperGPS. After that HyperGPS when receive the RDS data, filter it for TMC, convert it to Royaltek or GNS format and over a virtual com port send the data out. As I know, GNS also work, but unfortunately I have no info at the moment how the formatted GNS data must appear - maybe the hex codes is the format?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yes, my code send the RAW RDS data ( not just TMC, but other groups also ) so the 4 word at a time to the client which connected - this can be a radio program or HyperGPS.

I've just gone through your source code and saw it a minute ago.

As I know, GNS also work, but unfortunately I have no info at the moment how the formatted GNS data must appear - maybe the hex codes is the format?

I have got no clue myself, but I'll find out :)

EDIT: Apparently you are right, it seems to be just hex code according to GNS...and to make things worse: it looks like the UK has no free TMC service which explains the behaviour of Navigon (red TMC symbol and very rarely (once in 2h) a white symbol, but just for a second or so)

Thanks for your help and the driver...!

cu

Marc

Edited by Viper.MK

Posted · Report post

Works great also in Italy.

Thanks!

Version 1.6 ready. This contains the autoscan function re-implemented ( using the native autoscan IOCTL because of unknown reason there is a very long delay), so I think now everything is working as expected. The only remaining issue is the audiopath - this is also working when the ear jack inserted (can switch between the speaker and the ear), but fail without...

Edited by phj

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Absolutley love your work!!!! Works brilliant in Germany.

*THUMBS UP*

Great application!

But do i have to switch off TMC in Hyper GPS, when I don´t need TMC or does it switch off automatically?

Regards, Tobi

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Absolutley love your work!!!! Works brilliant in Germany.

*THUMBS UP*

Great application!

But do i have to switch off TMC in Hyper GPS, when I don´t need TMC or does it switch off automatically?

Regards, Tobi

The HyperGPS installation placed the HGPs_Switch program to the install dir. This program responsible to start the hypergps dll (which start the gfmapi), start the navigaton program, wait for closing the nav. program and unload hypergps (and gfmapi). The only thing you must do copy HGPs_SSwitch to the navigation pr. directory, make a linkfile named NavApp.lnk which point to your Nav. pr. name (for ex. iGO8.exe). The HGPSClient need just for the initial setup, after that you can start just the HGPs_Switch ( not the iGO directly ) and everything will work fine.....

Posted · Report post

A big thanks to phj. small tests. Your job is working perfectly!

Greetings from Germany

_Joker_

Posted · Report post

The HyperGPS installation placed the HGPs_Switch program to the install dir. This program responsible to start the hypergps dll (which start the gfmapi), start the navigaton program, wait for closing the nav. program and unload hypergps (and gfmapi). The only thing you must do copy HGPs_SSwitch to the navigation pr. directory, make a linkfile named NavApp.lnk which point to your Nav. pr. name (for ex. iGO8.exe). The HGPSClient need just for the initial setup, after that you can start just the HGPs_Switch ( not the iGO directly ) and everything will work fine.....

You are the Greatest!!!! Everything works fine. Tested on IGO 8.3xxx

Just one thing I´m thinking of: Is there a way to change the Icon of HGPs_SSwitch.exe when I link it to Startmenu? I would love to have my Igo Icon back ;-)

Thnx phj! It's also working withthe omnia pro b7610 with igo8.

the only thing is that I have to reset my device to re-enable the tmc for igo after each time I use it.

Is this a hypergps problem or an incompatibility with your dll?

Thnx!

Solved

Problem seems to be caused by a command line in sys.txt

"[device]

type="SGH-i900""

It works like a charm now. thnx phj

Edited by Sheep82

Posted · Report post

Thnx phj! It's also working withthe omnia pro b7610 with igo8.

the only thing is that I have to reset my device to re-enable the tmc for igo after each time I use it.

Is this a hypergps problem or an incompatibility with your dll?

Thnx!

Hard to answer, what The HyperGPS Client said regarding the TMC Status?

Posted · Report post

what UI library to they use? It looks a bit like iPhone.

Posted · Report post

I tested some time. I have seen some stations show green stripes, but iGO say no TMC.

In pared to a real TMC device will be displayed as TMC channel. (no TMC pro). I think the time for recognition is still a bit too long. Is that correct?

Greetings _joker_

Posted · Report post

I tested some time. I have seen some stations show green stripes, but iGO say no TMC.

In pared to a real TMC device will be displayed as TMC channel. (no TMC pro). I think the time for recognition is still a bit too long. Is that correct?

Greetings _joker_

For everybody who have problem with the program, I suggest: 1, download the latest version (1.7 now). 2, in the registry at HKLM/Software/gfmapi/ plese set the log value to 2. This will create a log for every access,command and RDS data in the My Storage/gfmapi.txt. The log is not very userfriendly, but you can see the signal strength (8) and the valid RDS data. Please not forget to switch the log off ( set to 0 ) after test, the file can be huge in the case there is RDS data!

The common problem is the signal strength : for valid RDS reception must be a relative high signal, > 32 dBuV ( 129 in the log), so or you need to be very close to the radio tower or must have a relatively good antenna..

Posted · Report post

Greetings _joker_

For everybody who have problem with the program, I suggest: 1, download the latest version (1.7 now). 2, in the registry at HKLM/Software/gfmapi/ plese set the log value to 2. This will create a log for every access,command and RDS data in the My Storage/gfmapi.txt. The log is not very userfriendly, but you can see the signal strength (8) and the valid RDS data. Please not forget to switch the log off ( set to 0 ) after test, the file can be huge in the case there is RDS data!

The common problem is the signal strength : for valid RDS reception must be a relative high signal, > 32 dBuV ( 129 in the log), so or you need to be very close to the radio tower or must have a relatively good antenna..

Posted · Report post

Thank you, i have not seen Vers. 1.7, sorry!

In the next time, i will testet with another regestryedit.

Greetings _joker_