Which Windows Mobile Device are you using?

Guest vinaymanro

Guest ScreamingFalcon

Device Name: HTC Ozone

Operating Sytem: Windows Mobile 6.1 Smartphone

ROM Type: HTC Standard ROM (are there even custom ROMs for Smartphones?)

Guest Sonicr360
In order to help us post the most relevant news to our users I am collating a list of Devices which our users have and actively use.

So all you need to post is the following:-

Device Name eg HTC Touch Pro 2 or AT&T Tilt.

Operating System Version eg Windows Mobile 6.

ROM type Default ROM or Custom ROM.

If you actively use more than one device, then post additional devices aswell.

Why? Surely any news on a Smartphone, being Nokia, Google, Android or the brilliant iPhone should be news that anyone or everyone would be interested in?

Or are you looking at just covering news on specific make / models?

My list would go on, so its probably best to say I started with Windows CE and have had over 15 devices up to the TyTn II - Which is soon to go.

If this site is going to become "specific" on say, Microsoft, then its likely not to attract any other smartphone users.

It should be like other web sites..... post news regardless of the platform / hardware / OS. That way you attract a good share of Smartphone users, that would not only browse the site, but would possibly "Join" and Signup !

Guest Sonicr360
I would personally say any Windows Mobile news is postworthy news and not device specific.

just because I have an omnia2 does not mean i am not interested in other devices ROM news etc.

We need to cater for the general visitor as well as regular members.

Have to agree here :) But I still stand that it would be nice to get more coverage of other Smartphones as well.

Why? Surely any news on a Smartphone, being Nokia, Google, Android or the brilliant iPhone should be news that anyone or everyone would be interested in?

Or are you looking at just covering news on specific make / models?

My list would go on, so its probably best to say I started with Windows CE and have had over 15 devices up to the TyTn II - Which is soon to go.

If this site is going to become "specific" on say, Microsoft, then its likely not to attract any other smartphone users.

It should be like other web sites..... post news regardless of the platform / hardware / OS. That way you attract a good share of Smartphone users, that would not only browse the site, but would possibly "Join" and Signup !

Well, other sites generally only publish news on Windows Mobile if it's something bad, but I get your point.

I imagine that this post is specific to the "WinMo @ MoDaCo" section -- MoDaCo was originally WinMo specific (at least when I first started looking), so there is probably a higher proportion of WinMo users here than on most other general device sites. Paul and Chris appear to have moved on to newer shinier more robot-like things in recent months though.

Device Name: Touch HD

Operating System Version: Windows Mobile 6.1 and option to boot from Windows Mobile to Android 2.0.1.

ROM type: Custom ROM (some Dutty build)

Looking at trying a 6.5.x variant some time in the future.

Guest Sonicr360
Well, other sites generally only publish news on Windows Mobile if it's something bad, but I get your point.

I imagine that this post is specific to the "WinMo @ MoDaCo" section -- MoDaCo was originally WinMo specific (at least when I first started looking), so there is probably a higher proportion of WinMo users here than on most other general device sites. Paul and Chris appear to have moved on to newer shinier more robot-like things in recent months though.

Understand completely :) And this is and did start as WM, but times are changing now. Would be nice to see other alternatives, which in turn could help bring more users onboard.

Guest Sonicr360

Device Name: TYTN II

Operating System Version: Windows Mobile 6.5 and not impressed in the slightest

ROM type: Standard apart from apps to try to make it work the way I want it to (which it doesnt).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.