Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulOBrien

UK APNs

6 posts in this topic

No APN settings for O2 in ROM.

Putting fix in next MCR..

P

Care to share working settings? I've tried everything I can find online and it just does not work.

Edit: think I've sussed it using these: http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2480...asc&start=0

These are the settings I put in my Nexus One which were copied from my Acer Liquids auto settings. Any setting no listed should be default.

APN 1 (select as default when added - green dot next to name)

Name: o2

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk

user: mobileweb

pass: password

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

APN type: default

APN 2

====

Name: o2 mms

APN: wap.o2.co.uk

User: o2wap

Pass: password

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195

MMS Port: 8080

MCC 234

MNC 10

APN Type: mms

NB poster on another thread says names must be lowercase, not sure if this is the case but mine are anyway and they work.

Edited by Rocky7

Oh and I found a fix on the web for making the images large when you receive them and I do get large images but I'm not sure if this was the reason.

To get the large images I sent the text "MMS" to 1010 which tells it you have an iPhone so I think you get big pictures.

No APN settings for O2 in ROM.

Putting fix in next MCR..

P

Hi Paul, could u pls share with us what the correct APN setting for O2 UK should be? There seems to be several different setting available but I dont know which one works the best.

Hi Paul, could u pls share with us what the correct APN setting for O2 UK should be? There seems to be several different setting available but I dont know which one works the best.

Cezent the ones above are the official ones and work correctly, they are taken from the Acer Liquids APN list.