Manila (sense 2.1/2.5) in test...

Guest *LeiTo*

Guest *LeiTo*

Hi guys.

I found a FTP from a guy of "SmartphoneJunkie forum" originaly for the TouchPro2.

I try "sense 2.1" in cab and it seem to work correctly on our TG01.

100111124912183175.png

The cab can be found here= >> FTP of Freeza <<

The file is "04 sense 2.1 for WM6.1" but it work on 6.5.

Install netFramework3.5 before and make you sure it's enable in registry

Maybe install HTC Framework from ftp and audiomanager (whithout sense can't launch)

Soft reset then run sense.2.1.cab and soft reset again.

It launch automaticly after boot.

Need fix tab audio like in the old TF3D and fix album (10 fi HTC ALBUM), and maybe some function don't work .

Work on landscape.

Fix audio= http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=662

Also i try the cab of "sense 2.5 for 6.1beta"

Instal failed. So i tried with the 2.1 already installed and maybe some another cab (don't remember all) and surprise, that work too.

But storage memory full (sense 2.1(40Mo) + sense2.5(80Mo)= 120 Mo

So i try after hard reset but now i can't instal it again. Instal failed.

Edit= work without sense 2.1

Some guy try it and run with success, and not some other.

So i can't promise that will fork for all.

100111111350363883.png

If you want to try, Good luck :)

Added package needed for 2.1/2.5

kimi_sae_ireba_AudioManager_Eng_1_7_19181424_h.cab

kimi_sae_ireba_HTCFramework_1_1_19202625_00.cab

kimi_sae_ireba_HTCGeoService_1_0_19201627_00.cab

kimi_sae_ireba_GoogleLocationService_1_0_1_21.cab

Edited by *LeiTo*

Guest The Real Mc Coy

2.1 works but :

- Audio Tab does not works unless fix applied

- Album needs, as you said, a fix (did try with HTC Album 3.0.1915.3019 but limited functions work)

- no photo or video

- no telephony related (contacts,...) function work

Guest *LeiTo*
2.5 installation OK.

Same problems (telephony, album, music) plus footprint and most of the Parameters tab options.

Thanks for testing.

For the 2.5, have you instal the 2.1 before ? say how you do please.

And For telephony problem, isn't just the shorcuts who are wrong ? call from dialer work no?

Edited by *LeiTo*

Guest The Real Mc Coy

I just installed 2.1 as any other CAB but I did this just after a hard reset. Then I installed Audio fixes + HTC Album.

.Net Compact Framework (at least 3.5 version) as to be installed BEFORE upgrading to 2.5 or you'll get an error (SMS_Patch).

Then I installed 2.5 version the same way.

Audio fixes have to be reinstalled after upgrading to 2.5.

Telephony works from the standard (windows) dialer but not from Sense. And I don't know how to change the app called to dial.

For exemple : trying to call from contact tab does nothing...

I have only 57.4Mo free on internal storage after installing both versions and about 38Mo free RAM !

Edited by The Real Mc Coy

Guest *LeiTo*
I just installed 2.1 as any other CAB but I did this just after a hard reset. Then I installed Audio fixes + HTC Album.

.Net Compact Framework (at least 3.5 version) as to be installed BEFORE upgrading to 2.5 or you'll get an error (SMS_Patch).

Telephony works from the standard (windows) dialer but not from Sense. And I don't know how to change the app called to dial.

I have only 57.4Mo free on internal storage after installing both versions and about 38Mo free RAM !

I have instal cab 2.5 without the 2.1, just with fix audi, photo, message and some other.

Free storage 87M0 and Ram 65Mo. Perfect.

Ineed more test and then i post the good way to run the 2.5 correctly without 2.1...

good news :)

where can i find audio fix ?

Guest Dr.Abo Fahad

Sorry guys ,, but is this sense 2.1 wroks for all non-htc devices with wvga dispalys or not.

I tried it on my omnia II it is installed successefully HTC appears in the middle of the screen with " Tap here to launch HTC sense " written down , If I tap it disappears and htc mark starts twitching and then nothing happens only the the same thing happen again and again .

If somebody can help me to patch this thing I would be apperciative ..

please ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanx

Peace

Guest The Real Mc Coy

It should work on any WVGA Windows Mobile device but there can be some troubles as it is a hacked version (it is obviously not intended to be used on non HTC devices).

Did you soft-reset before trying to launch ?

Edited by The Real Mc Coy

Sorry guys ,, but is this sense 2.1 wroks for all non-htc devices with wvga dispalys or not.

I tried it on my omnia II it is installed successefully HTC appears in the middle of the screen with " Tap here to launch HTC sense " written down , If I tap it disappears and htc mark starts twitching and then nothing happens only the the same thing happen again and again .

Thanx

Peace

Here you have a video posted by me with manila 2.1 :)

Guest *LeiTo*

Thanx

Peace

Have you Net Framework 3.5 installed? and enable in registry ?

Is it possible to get 'My Location' working, so I can have automatic weather for wherever I am?

Currently, choosing 'My Location' in the Weather tab results in a blank screen (well, no weather, anyway).

This is with Sense 2.1.

Guest *LeiTo*
Is it possible to get 'My Location' working, so I can have automatic weather for wherever I am?

Currently, choosing 'My Location' in the Weather tab results in a blank screen (well, no weather, anyway).

This is with Sense 2.1.

Not possible for "my location" because GPS don't work alone like in TomTom, etc...

So you must choose a city in weather tab (like in the old TF3D), after update weather, return to home tab and select the clock:

That will be open option of weather clock and you will can choose your city.

Not possible for "my location" because GPS don't work alone like in TomTom, etc...

So you must choose a city in weather tab (like in the old TF3D), after update weather, return to home tab and select the clock:

That will be open option of weather clock and you will can choose your city.

Aha, ok. Is a shame though!

What are the main differences between 2.1 and 2.5, is there anything significant?

Edit: Acctually, I thought the My Location service used GoogleLocationService and did the cell tower triangulation, rather than GPS?

Edited by OwenRW

Here you have a video posted by me with manila 2.1 :)

what's the contact program you are using?

I installed manila 2.1 but I think there is a memory leak problem. When you just start the phone there is 79mb ram, minutes later without running anyother program the ram were down to 50mb.

2.5 fail to installed most of the time and the only once install successfully, it fails to start.

Guest *LeiTo*
Aha, ok. Is a shame though!

What are the main differences between 2.1 and 2.5, is there anything significant?

Edit: Acctually, I thought the My Location service used GoogleLocationService and did the cell tower triangulation, rather than GPS?

Google location service don't work but if you found how to resolve it.

2.5 has shortcut program on home tab, twitter (don't work actually), and some other.

But it's a very big cab and hard to instal.

Actually i instal audio manager cab, then sense 2.5 cab, soft reset, 2cabs fix audio, and htc album for it work.

Also Sense need NetFramework 3.5

But memory storage is about 75Mo and ram 60Mo

But if i use Audio tab, Ram is down to 50 and some times device is a little bit slow (CPU at 1ghz)

so there is again a lot of test to do on 2.1 and 2.5.

Do you know how I can fix a problem i'm having with SMS... if i use the messaging app in Sense UI I can't send a message, as it says the phone is not enabled / SIM Card not ready. However,, this works fine using Windows built in messaging app.

what's the contact program you are using?

I installed manila 2.1 but I think there is a memory leak problem. When you just start the phone there is 79mb ram, minutes later without running anyother program the ram were down to 50mb.

2.5 fail to installed most of the time and the only once install successfully, it fails to start.

program for contacts Spam alert Spam alert 2.2 you can find it on ppcwarez .....