BTJ

Any reason(s) not to buy a Nexus One?

16 posts in this topic

At least, as long as I am not using Exchange?

Regards,

BTJ

Oops wrong thread :)

Edited by thla

You already got one...:)

Edited by cezent

You have no arms ?........

You have no arms ?........

That is not a valid reason ... Android has speech to text and accessibility options built in so this would be a reason to buy the Nexus

That is not a valid reason ... Android has speech to text and accessibility options built in so this would be a reason to buy the Nexus

You would have to use you nose to activate it though :)

Hmmm... Not the comments I was looking for but I guess there really is no reason(s) to not buy Nexus One... :)

BTW, how about programs in Market, do they work for Nexus One or do we have to wait awhile before they will work?

BTJ

If you need a reason, I can give you one - AMOLED screens become totally unreadable in sunlight.

Mainly because they don't reflect light at all, and when brightness becomes inadequate to overcome a sun, screen just turns visually black.

One of the reasons I went for Milestone instead of N1.

Edited by Ingvarr

Not sure I need a reason but... B)

But doesn't the pros for AMOLED screens outweigth the cons? One can always find a shadow... :)

BTJ

This is for you to decide. Personally I didn't like AMOLEDs I've seen on Samsungs - they are too bright, with minimum brightness too high for dim light conditions, colours are too saturated, making ie people on photos look like they all having a sunburn, and also for some reason colour gradients looked not as "soft" as they looked on good TFT screens.

Maybe N1 AMOLED is different, though I doubt it - they all use the same manufacturer for now.

And no sunlight legibility is a show stopper for me. I use my smartphone as GPS in car, and I hate it when you stop seeing anything when sun gets behind you.

Edited by Ingvarr

This is for you to decide. Personally I didn't like AMOLEDs I've seen on Samsungs - they are too bright, with minimum brightness too high for dim light conditions, colours are too saturated, making ie people on photos look like they all having a sunburn, and also for some reason colour gradients looked not as "soft" as they looked on good TFT screens.

Maybe N1 AMOLED is different, though I doubt it - they all use the same manufacturer for now.

And no sunlight legibility is a show stopper for me. I use my smartphone as GPS in car, and I hate it when you stop seeing anything when sun gets behind you.

I will say that the dim setting on the n1 is as dim as the g1... if that helps as any comparison!

Personally only thing i dont like about the screen, is that the colour saturation is off, its like the contrast levels have been bumped up beyond what they are supposed to be at!

If you need voice dialing initiated from a BT headset or BT car kit then give the Nexus One a miss, at least until Google have responded to the massive number of customer complaints over this issue and get it sorted out.