Morphgear Multi-touch Skin - version 2.0 - Capacitive like

Guest Steel Reign

Guest Steel Reign

I had orginally planned to keep this to myself, but I decided to give it to you guys, it's my modded multi touch version of Dredd67s skin that he released over at xda-dev. It's still a work in progress so please give feedback. Just drop the 2 files into the morphgear skin directory and then select it under the emulator settings menu and bam, you got fake multi touch. I orginally modified it because I couldn't catch that mouse in chrono trigger.

For those that don't know what Morphgear is; it's a emulator. It emulates SNES, nes,gba,gb etc. I recommend you download this version http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=593464

Right now i'm juggling several projects for my i920 including dumping the rom and this. So if anyone has anything that could help me please let me know.

Edit: I uploaded a bad version of the skin. It's fixed now. And my logo has been removed.

Edit: new version released with complete multi touch support! x support is on its way.

Update: v1.2 Released multi touch is MUCH more accurate now, side scrollers like Super Mario where accurate controls are important, are very playable.

Update: V1.3 Released: Multi touch is even more accurate. side scrollers are even easier to play now

Update: v1.5 Released: Multi touch is now almost on par with capactive screens. Also one more release until the final version and then it's ready for the general section. If anyone wants to help me reskin this PLEASE let me know, as my horrible graphic editing skills are showing through.

Update: v1.6 Released: Multi touch is much more accurate now, it's getting very close to capacitive. Still need a reskin, also this not going to be the final like i thought it was, I just discovered that you can put buttons on the game screen. So it might be possible to have complete multi touch for all the buttons.

Update: v2.0 Released: most likely final, unless some bug fixes are needed.

How it works

It's very simple how it works. When you press 2 points on the screen at the same time, the exact middle of those 2 points is what the screen senses. So thats why the buttons placed the way they are. There are invisible buttons in the middle, and thats how it works.

Steel__s_Skin_v1.6.zip

Steel__s_Skin_v2.0.zip

post-622085-1263753468_thumb.png

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest Steel Reign

I forgot to say that only a + b support is included right now. It does have rudimentary x + y support, but only east. But complete x + y support should be there within 48 hours. Probably gonna have to rearrange the pad though. And it might not look pretty, as my graphic editing skills aren't very good. However a+b support should be sufficient for most games except megaman. But, imo the pad is much better than it was before.

Edited by Steel Reign

Just tested it, I only happened to use the a and b buttons but they worked significantly better than any of the other keypads I have tried so thank you very much.

Guest Steel Reign

Bump for version 1.2. Multi touch is much more accurate, and usable. Side scrollers are very playable now!

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest Steel Reign
Bump for version 1.2. Multi touch is much more accurate, and usable. Side scrollers are very playable now!

I've been working on this all day, and now it is even more accurate. Bump for v1.3

Bump for v1.5 multi touch is almost on par with capacitive now.

Fastest version revisions in the history of software....

Does work pretty well. At least v1.2 did, this morning.

Guest Steel Reign
Fastest version revisions in the history of software....

Does work pretty well. At least v1.2 did, this morning.

Lol, i've been working on it ALL day.

Guest Steel Reign

Bump for v1.6. Sorry for all the revisons guys, but I like you guys to have the same gamepad I have, so I can receive feedback.

Edited by Steel Reign

Latest does work a bit better. Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately most snes games are better than those written for winmo, despite the O2's hardware being drastically better than what was in the snes...

Guest Steel Reign

Bump for 2.0, hopefully the last version ever. Also; I changed the name of the skin in the Morphgear menu.

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest Steel Reign
since when the O2 has multi touch???

It's fake multi-touch; when you press 2 points on the screen the middle of those points is what the screen senses.

• 2 months later...
Guest the sandman

this is very cool! thanks for this and all the hard work you put into it! i have a question tho. is there it way to show where exactly those touch points are on the screen? cuz i play mario and he moves fast and it hard to keep track of all the buttons lol. thanks