Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest wes58
+1

You could post a screenshot of the application so I can see your settings.

You could also download old version 2.0 archive and read a pdf file which is included in this archive. It shows the folder structure of the kitchen.

Edited by wes58

Guest Alex823
You could post a screenshot of the application so I can see your settings.

You could also download old version 2.0 archive and read a pdf file which is included in this archive. It shows the folder structure of the kitchen.

It works,

I downloaded version 2.0 like you said.

In romTool:

Work folder C:\i8000kitchen\_Template\ , then

Copied the ROM in C:\i8000kitchen\_Template\ROM\

In romTool:

Select: Modify .nb0 File

Select file (C:\i8000kitchen\_Template\ROM\ ) and Run

finished ROM in C:\i8000kitchen\_Template\Finished ROM

thanks a lot!

Guest gandalf63

I have a problem if someone can help me

Realloc IMGFS modules .....> Error 2

Reallocation Error...

Exited... XipPort.exe

Exited... Extreloc.exe

***Created Files xip_out.bin

Error! ROM Building Failed

Thank you in advance

Guest wes58
I have a problem if someone can help me

Realloc IMGFS modules .....> Error 2

Reallocation Error...

Exited... XipPort.exe

Exited... Extreloc.exe

***Created Files xip_out.bin

Error! ROM Building Failed

Thank you in advance

Since it is error in ExtReloc you have two options to find out which files are causing a problem:

1. When ExtReloc is run it creates a Map.txt file. This should be in \Temp folder of the rom that you are building. Open it and have a look if there are any !!! next to files names. If you find any, those modules are a problem during reallocation.

2. Run Manual Reallocation - tick 'Manual Reallocation of Modules' in Build tab and run Build of rom. Then you can see in the logs window (when you scroll up) where you have an error.

There is a ManualReallocation.rar in the first post that describes the steps.

Edited by wes58

Guest wes58
I do not think I have attached the text file maps

Well, it doesn't show it, so you have to try and run Manual Reallocation and read from the logs window.

Guest gandalf63

how a package created from an OEM. cab

thank you

or do you put the files created with "creator 5.4.exe" is from a ". cab"

example with the "cab Mobile Office 2010" Construction File "Base Apps

I put it or for inclusion in the construction of the ROM

Edited by gandalf63

Guest everson

Hello wes58,

Can you help me create a ROM builds WM6.5.5 (23569, 23654, 23656) using the OEM versions JD3, JE1?

I downloaded build 23569 (http://www.mobileunderground.info/as...A_WVGA_0409.7z), but do not know how to proceed to overwrite the files in a dump of a ROM JE1.

I do not know if this has to do with your tool, but I read that you create ROMs with builds WM6.5.5.

I read the threads on the forum of xda-developers, but much is not explained clearly. Can you assist me in this?

Guest wes58
Hello wes58,

Can you help me create a ROM builds WM6.5.5 (23569, 23654, 23656) using the OEM versions JD3, JE1?

I downloaded build 23569 (http://www.mobileunderground.info/as...A_WVGA_0409.7z), but do not know how to proceed to overwrite the files in a dump of a ROM JE1.

I do not know if this has to do with your tool, but I read that you create ROMs with builds WM6.5.5.

I read the threads on the forum of xda-developers, but much is not explained clearly. Can you assist me in this?

There was a brief explanation about where/how to put the folders in the pdf file in archive for version 2.0 (with some changes).

The Dump and Build tabs in version 2 are a bit different from version 3 but hopefully it will help.

I have attached all pdf files that were issued with different version of romTool here.

RomToolGuide.rar

Guest wes58
how a package created from an OEM. cab

thank you

or do you put the files created with "creator 5.4.exe" is from a ". cab"

example with the "cab Mobile Office 2010" Construction File "Base Apps

I put it or for inclusion in the construction of the ROM

It all depends what application you use for creating a package. For example if you use Oemizer it will create a folder in OEM with the name that you specify and put all application files, registry etc in there. When you run BuildOS you will see this folder there and you can select to use it in the built rom.

Converting cab files to oem with Oemizer or PackageCreator doesn't always work. You have to be careful. If the cab has a setup.dll, this file can add some registry entries that Oemizer or PackageCreator are not aware of. That's why the best way (for me) is to make a registry backup. Install the cab on you phone. Make another registry backup. Compare both registry files and you will find registry keys created by the cab file.

Guest everson

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to take another question ....

Whenever I use the roomtool3.0 at the end of the buildOS process, a message is displayed:

Error, last status: "Creating registry ..."

and a window appears with the message:

"The system can not find the file specified."

I never got to use the 3.0 version of his tool. The other versions work perfectly.

I use 64bit Windows 7.

Can you help me?

Edited by everson

Guest skoda60

Thank wes, with your excellence application and with Twu2 thread. Finally I created my first lite ROM.

Cheer with Paypals: 1RS36746GY103824Y.

The next step for me is to learn how to add it some applications like SKTools, Resco Explorer etc. Hope someone can point to to the relevent topic.

Thank all the people here to make the Omnia2 great.

Edited by skoda60

Guest wes58
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to take another question ....

Whenever I use the roomtool3.0 at the end of the buildOS process, a message is displayed:

and a window appears with the message:

I never got to use the 3.0 version of his tool. The other versions work perfectly.

I use 64bit Windows 7.

Can you help me?

This is an error with BuildOS. Go to \temp folder in the rom folder that you are building and you will find buildOS log file (log.txt). When you open the file you will find at the end what causes the error.

Guest wes58
Thank wes, with your excellence application and with Twu2 thread. Finally I created my first lite ROM.

Cheer with Paypals: 1RS36746GY103824Y.

The next step for me is to learn how to add it some applications like SKTools, Resco Explorer etc. Hope someone can point to to the relevent topic.

Thank all the people here to make the Omnia2 great.

Thanks for your support (I haven't received it yet but it must be on the way).

As far as adding some application (creating packages from cab files) you can read what I wrote in post #610.

With Resco Explorer, the way I do it I install it on 'My Storage' first, so the files are always there. In the package I only put registry entries and a resco registration file, which is copied to Windows folder. So you just create a package with Oemizer, add a resco registration file and registry key that you need in Oemizer (you can add it later manually). Then when you run BuildOS you will see this package there and you can select or deselect it, if you want to use it in the rom or not.

Guest skoda60
Thank you Hee Seng Tay for your donation as well.

Please amend to skoda60, Thank!

Can I copy Oemizer(4 files) from previous version Because I can't found it in i8000kitchen Ver 3.01?

Edited by skoda60

Guest wes58
Please amend to skoda60, Thank!

Can I copy Oemizer(4 files) from previous version Because I can't found it in i8000kitchen Ver 3.01?

Sorry about that. I was looking at the number that you quoted and it was different. Anyway, thanks again for your support.

Yes you can use Oemizer from previous version. I didn't include because it is freely available on the internet and you may find newer version.

Guest everson

Hello again,

I solved the problem before putting the file "Cabarc.exe" in the Tools folder. I saw a solution in his previous post.

My question is still to build 23659.

I did a test using SYS_23569 and XIP_23569 downloaded at (http://www.mobileunderground.info/as...A_WVGA_0409. 7z). The following message occurred:

"The destination file temp \ dump \ SimTKit.dll is a directory and not a file."

I think I'm still wandering in joining the files in the folder, but do not know how to solve. You have to give me a hint?

Screenshot

post-637151-1274853215_thumb.jpg

I await your help.

Thank you!

Edited by everson

Guest wes58
Hello again,

I still can not use the romtool3.0.1. I decided to make a screenshot.

As a test procedure as follows:

- I ran as administrator the romtool3.0.1 (use Win7 64bit);

- I did a "Dump PDA" of a file (.bin) JE1 ROM.

- I have not modified anything in the PDA and made a BuildPDA;

- In the middle of the process the following message appeared:

- The log.txt file in / temp has the following information:

Microsoft ® RGUComp Version 1.0.000

Registry file processor and hive builder.

Copyright © 2004 Microsoft Corporation All Rights Reserved.

built: Nov 19 2004 15:17:13

importing registry file ".\boot.rgu"...

(RGUComp) done!

I did another test using SYS_23569 and XIP_23569. The following message occurred:

"The destination file temp \ dump \ SimTKit.dll is a directory and not a file."

I await your help.

Thank you!

1. First part I think is missing cabarc.exe in the Tools folder (I forgot to include it in the archive for version 3). There were some previos posts about it. Can you check it. If it is missing, it is attached to the first post.

2. Second part. I think, you have two files with the same name SimTKit.dll. One probably is a module (folder with this name) in the sys_23569 (do a search) and the second one will be a file in OEM. Delete the folder from the sys_23569 with this name.

Edited by wes58

Guest everson
1. First part I think is missing cabarc.exe in the Tools folder (I forgot to include it in the archive for version 3). There were some previos posts about it. Can you check it. If it is missing, it is attached to the first post.

2. Second part. I think, you have two files with the same name SimTKit.dll. One probably is a module (folder with this name) in the sys_23569 (do a search) and the second one will be a file in OEM. Delete the folder from the sys_23569 with this name.

Thanks!

I edited the post after you reply. I had already found a solution to the first problem.

I'll try to do what you said to solve the second problem.

Guest everson

Hello wes58,

I'm getting further in the build port 23569.

I'm having a question about the reallocation of modules:

I am using a ROM dump JE1 and making the port the build 23569 this ROM.

In "Build PDA file" when I select the "SYS_23569", I need to select "Manual Realloc. Of Modules" or I can leave the relocation of modules to be done automatically?

Another question:

How does the tool know which xip.bin file should be used in "Build PDA" (in XIP or XIP_23569)?

Thanks!

Guest wes58
Hello wes58,

I'm getting further in the build port 23569.

I'm having a question about the reallocation of modules:

I am using a ROM dump JE1 and making the port the build 23569 this ROM.

In "Build PDA file" when I select the "SYS_23569", I need to select "Manual Realloc. Of Modules" or I can leave the relocation of modules to be done automatically?

Another question:

How does the tool know which xip.bin file should be used in "Build PDA" (in XIP or XIP_23569)?

Thanks!

You leave in Automatic Reallocation (unchecked Manual Reallocation) unless you want to press all the buttons in ExtReloc and xipPort yourself.

It uses xip.bin from the folder which has the same number as your selected sys. If you select SYS_23569 it will use xip.bin from XIP_23569. Of course it uses part of this xip.bin and part of original samsung xip.bin from XIP folder.

Guest dextro_

maybe you could help me wes... I try to make a lite rom and everything went well but when I flash the screen still black after letters Omnia II... some opinion? or help.. thnks

EDIT:

I've seen that appears three errors. Realloc IMGFS modules error 0 ; realloc NK EXE, GIISR DLL, etc error 0 ; Realloc V DLL error 0

why? help

Edited by dextro_

Guest skoda60
maybe you could help me wes... I try to make a lite rom and everything went well but when I flash the screen still black after letters Omnia II... some opinion? or help.. thnks

EDIT:

I've seen that appears three errors. Realloc IMGFS modules error 0 ; realloc NK EXE, GIISR DLL, etc error 0 ; Realloc V DLL error 0

why? help

Used wes kitchen3.01, but you have to install V3 first then overwrite with v3.01, remember to copy cabarc.rar into -template\tools directory. with twu2 script i8000v3 JE2 or i8000v3 JE1 and fellow twu2 "Easy to create your lite rom like me... (4/14 new version convert to OEM package now)", fellow his instruction closely. I had successfully created a JE2 lite ROM and a full JE2 ROM with LZX compression all with pagepool 8mb. Sure you can do it.

Your directory C:\i800_ROM\i8000kitchen\je2_lite.

Edited by skoda60

Guest wes58

EDIT:

why? help

"error = 0" in ExtReloc means that there is no error.

You don't write what you are doing, what rom you are using, if you are using twu2 scripts, what OS are you porting? If you are using twu2 scripts, he will be the best persion to answer this. If it got to this screen, I think that xip would be Ok. I think it will be something with sys or oem - don't know what you deleted/modified.