Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

i think that false alarm. which av did you use? i used eset and it detect no virus...

i used KV2009. It automatically removed the virus and the file(pkgtool.exe). :)

Guest bmarko82

Very strange! I used original JA1 rom, with i900 executor (converting mst->mli->bin), also tried RFD's util for conversion, pkgtool crashed. (i forget to rename the bin file to pda.nb, maybee that was the problem. I will try it at home) If i use Sorg's application to dump the rom, pkgtool is working fine with romtool. Maybe lang pack causes the problem? I use Hungarian rom.

Edited by bmarko82

Cool in version 1.2b packaging process went pdaNew.nb0 created now will try.

Only if you do under Windows 7 it is necessary to choose a compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 otherwise uncreated file imgfs-new.bin

wes58 Thank you so much! is doing the right thing!

Edited by sx1000

Very strange! I used original JA1 rom, with i900 executor (converting mst->mli->bin), also tried RFD's util for conversion, pkgtool crashed. (i forget to rename the bin file to pda.nb, maybee that was the problem. I will try it at home) If i use Sorg's application to dump the rom, pkgtool is working fine with romtool. Maybe lang pack causes the problem? I use Hungarian rom.

If you want to modify rom, don't use mst file. This file has language packs even after converting from mst to nb/nb0. In the language pack are files needed to build it with buildOs. If you remove language pack the phone won't boot when you flash it.

Just dump your rom from the phone with Sorg's application and rename rom_dump.bin to rom_dump.nb.

If you are not modifying the rom you can convert it with I900 executor or RFD's utility and flash nb0 file.

Cool in version 1.2b packaging process went pdaNew.nb0 created now will try.

Only if you do under Windows 7 it is necessary to choose a compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 otherwise uncreated file imgfs-new.bin

wes58 Thank you so much! is doing the right thing!

I run it on Windows 7 and I don't have to change it to compatibility mode with XP. I am not sure why you have a problem.

Guest mediacell
16. Opem imageinfo.bin located in \sys\.rom\ folder in hexeditor. Delete 8 bytes from the offset 18(hex) otherwise ExtReloc will not recognize it as a WM6.5 rom.

how to edit this file, i just delete offset 18h~1Fh, but extreloc still not recgnize this file.

how to edit this file, i just delete offset 18h~1Fh, but extreloc still not recgnize this file.

If you are using my application it does it when you dump the rom.

so, we dont need to deleted 18-1Fh?

That's correct, you don't have to do anything. You can check the size of the imageinfo.bin in sys\.rom folder. It should be 36 bytes long - that's the file size that is required for extreloc to recognize the rom as 6.5. Original file was 44 bytes long

Guest Tylwith

i have followed all the step but even if i don't modify the rom after flash my phone stay stuck at the orange windows screen.

the other think the new packed rom have a different size from the original with only dump and buid

A lot of times "Stuck on boot screen" is because no relocation has been done ( my own experience, not using wes58 tools). maybe you could check extreloc since it seems to be part of the package?

I'd like to thank wes58 for creating a nice kitchen although I haven't used it.. :) It would've made my cooking much easier last time if i had it....

Guest Gary Crutcher

@Wes58

I am getting the same error as a few others when building the ROM:

imgfs-new.bin not Found

You mentioned spaces in the folder paths.

I noticed when I unrar the kitchen it creates a folder: Finished ROM

Notice the space after 'Finished'

Could this be a problem?

@Wes58

I am getting the same error as a few others when building the ROM:

imgfs-new.bin not Found

You mentioned spaces in the folder paths.

I noticed when I unrar the kitchen it creates a folder: Finished ROM

Notice the space after 'Finished'

Could this be a problem?

No, it's definitely not this one. It's strange because I tried putting kitchen root folder in different locations and never had a problem. What operating system have you got on you computer?

The other thing that you can check is if buildOS was successful. You should have a buildOs log in temp folder, you should have there also dump folder with all the files created by buildOs. Also you can check if you have imgfs-new.bin in temp folder.

After you finishe BuildOs, there is a Dos window minimized on the toolbar. You could open it and see if imgfsFromdump is running. You should see files being shown in the dos window.

Let me know what you find.

Guest Gary Crutcher
No, it's definitely not this one. It's strange because I tried putting kitchen root folder in different locations and never had a problem. What operating system have you got on you computer?

The other thing that you can check is if buildOS was successful. You should have a buildOs log in temp folder, you should have there also dump folder with all the files created by buildOs. Also you can check if you have imgfs-new.bin in temp folder.

After you finishe BuildOs, there is a Dos window minimized on the toolbar. You could open it and see if imgfsFromdump is running. You should see files being shown in the dos window.

Let me know what you find.

I am using Windows 7.

I am using pda.bin (I8000xxxJA5) dump from sorg's utility.

I am using your RomTool1.2B.

The dump works ok. No errors

I then click on the Build ROM tab.

I leave everything as it is, then click Build.

The BuildOS window opens. I click play...and wait.

SYS and OEM folders are created and have data in them.

After BuildOS is complete there is NO DOS window minimized.

The temp dir has the following:

dump folder with many files

boot.hv

boot.rgu

log.txt

No imgfs-new.bin

No buildos.log

I then click File | Exit the BuildOS window.

ExtReloc opens...I close it.

Process ends with error: imgfs-new.bin not Found

Hope this helps.

I am using Windows 7.

I am using pda.bin (I8000xxxJA5) dump from sorg's utility.

I am using your RomTool1.2B.

The dump works ok. No errors

I then click on the Build ROM tab.

I leave everything as it is, then click Build.

The BuildOS window opens. I click play...and wait.

SYS and OEM folders are created and have data in them.

After BuildOS is complete there is NO DOS window minimized.

The temp dir has the following:

dump folder with many files

boot.hv

boot.rgu

log.txt

No imgfs-new.bin

No buildos.log

I then click File | Exit the BuildOS window.

ExtReloc opens...I close it.

Process ends with error: imgfs-new.bin not Found

Hope this helps.

Sorry, The Dos minimized windows should appear after you close extReloc. I am using windows 7 as well. Buildos log is the log.txt file that you have. when you open it you should see at the end something like rgucomp done. I will send you a link to the file which will have dos window pop up all the time.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Sorry, The Dos minimized windows should appear after you close extReloc. I am using windows 7 as well. Buildos log is the log.txt file that you have. when you open it you should see at the end something like rgucomp done. I will send you a link to the file which will have dos window pop up all the time.

Ok. Thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher

@Wes58

Same problem: no imgfs-new.bin

No DOS windows staying open either.

I also tried under Vista with same error.

Maybe I am doing something wrong and do not know it.

Will be going out to dinner now...back later.

Thank you.

Guest defaultBR

using this tool it create the FOlder

SYS, OEM and DUMP

but only sys have files :)

OEM and DUMP DONT HAVE

btw, DUMP isnt OEM/DUMP AND ROM?

what i have to edit so? when it repack, repack from what folder? ROM/SYS/OEM or DUMP Folder???

btw its clean, i dont have files to edit in it ;(

thx

EDIT: THe problem is when you select to dump to imgfs to packages, here it dont work, only in modules

btw, how can i extract the pda.os.nb to edit the hex and calculate the checksum to edit in pda.nb0.pre???

Edited by defaultBR

Guest Gary Crutcher

For those of you who are experiencing 'imgfs-new.bin NOT found', the

problem seems to be an "out of memory" error with ImgfsFromDump.exe.

I discovered it was my anti-virus program causing this to happen.

I am using bitdefender (will contact them today).

If I disable my anti-virus, then do Build OS, everything works fine and an

imgfs-new.bin is created.

Your problem/solution "may" not be the same as mine, but you might want to try it.

Update: Bitdefender has "Game Mode" and if I enable it, no more "out of memory" errors.

Edited by Gary Crutcher