Charging??

Guest Andy Jones

Guest Andy Jones

Hi, I am new to Android and am desperately hoping to get this phone as my first ever android device.

However I am slightly concerned having read the leaked user manual (the one from the FCC site) on page 8 it says "The phone must be turned on in order to charge the battery" and again it clarifies this on page 38 in the troubleshooting section.

Is this normal for Android - as looking at other Android phone manuals doesn't seem to make that the case?

It is the only thing I have seen so far that sort of rings alarm bells for me, as I am concerned as to how one would get the phone working again if it ran out of battery while away from a charger??

Please see http://www.xperiax10.net/2009/12/19/xperia...nual-uncovered/ which is the same as the FCC document, but has been seperated into it's individual pages..

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is really strange but I don't have any problems charging my unit when it rans out of battery. The phone simply starts charging and when the battery reach some level the phone starts.

Guest Andy Jones
This is really strange but I don't have any problems charging my unit when it rans out of battery. The phone simply starts charging and when the battery reach some level the phone starts.

Thank you so much for that clarification,

I am wondering if maybe it means it won't charge from a computers USB unless the phone is switched on??

Which is in reality the way every single SE phone I have ever had works.....

Anyways if you have an X10 and it will quite happily charge the phone while it is turned off, then that's good enough for me.

Andy

• 1 month later...
Guest Doispe12

hi could you tell me how to enter in recovery mode on x10?Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
Guest mariothecat
Hi, I am new to Android and am desperately hoping to get this phone as my first ever android device.

However I am slightly concerned having read the leaked user manual (the one from the FCC site) on page 8 it says "The phone must be turned on in order to charge the battery" and again it clarifies this on page 38 in the troubleshooting section.

Is this normal for Android - as looking at other Android phone manuals doesn't seem to make that the case?

It is the only thing I have seen so far that sort of rings alarm bells for me, as I am concerned as to how one would get the phone working again if it ran out of battery while away from a charger??

Please see http://www.xperiax10.net/2009/12/19/xperia...nual-uncovered/ which is the same as the FCC document, but has been seperated into it's individual pages..

Thanks in advance for your help.

The phone charges only when it's on,and i have found out that the best way to charge for maximum battery is to turn on flight mode and only charge the handset until the chaging led turns off,after that soft reset (Turn it off then on again) and turn on the radio.

Be prepared for horrible standby times for the first two or three charging cycles and for a marked improvement after that ;) .

Edited by mariothecat

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ZenithUK

The other thing to bear in mind is that the X10 is aware of what is charging it.

If you charge up with USB from a PC, it'll take a number of hours overnight.

If you charge up from the charger, it will take 2-3 hours tops.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chrish2009

just tried it out and if the phone is off when plugged in then it just turns itself on, and if u turn it off it turns itself straight back on when plugged in.

chris