21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Peter sf
Man.... the main update is a stock rom, meaning it is secured and unrooted, by flashing stock last you overwrote the root hack. should be

flash main update>flash insecure boot>boot with superboot once

Good luck~~

zzzmmm, so what do I do with the imgs exactly?

Guest AndyCr15

Sorry, if I baked and included Superboot, should I still have root, or do I need to come back and flash superboot over it again. How do I check if I have root? Thanks.

Guest superwario
Can you help me to avoid Geting this error "E: Signature verification failed"

I have just updated my nexus one successfully with full root access as well.

here are the commands for steps 3 and 4 for any noobs out there like me.

when you rooted, remember you had to make a directory structure like this ===> 'C:/android/tools'

well to execute command 3 put the insecure boot image that you downloaded from step 3 into that 'tools' file.

Now, turn your phone off and connect your nexus one via USB. Turn it on again by holding the trackball and pressing on while the trackball is depressed. You will now be at the fastboot menu. (It will say 'Fastboot USB' on top in small lettering)

Now, open up command prompt on your (hopefully windows) computer.

type: 'cd C:/android/tools' (without the apostrophes of course)

Now type in 'fastboot flash boot boot.ERE27.insecure.img' (Again, no apostrophes)

Now your phone has the insecure boot image loaded!

But wait, before you do anything, you can add the superboot image as well in the same command right after you loaded the insecure boot image.

make sure that the superboot image file from step 4 is in that 'tools' folder as well.

now in the command prompt, type 'fastboot flash boot boot.ERE27.insecure.img' (no apostrophes)

Your phone will now reboot with the superboot that has the new ERE27 update with multitouch! (Provided you already flashed the update from the SD card before these steps i just described took place.)

Note: These steps do not erase your phone settings! Nice!

Guest Peter sf
I guess you haven't unlocked your phone yet, otherwise you would know about fastboot.

basically fastboot is a desktop program

I did root 5 days ago, forgot about this... did'nt expect to use it again anytime soon, so I usually wipe the grey RAM in my head of stuff like this to use it otherwise ;) ... anyway, thanks for the explanation. If Paul could put it in his tutorial, I'd guess there would be less questions from us newbs.

I did root 5 days ago, forgot about this... did'nt expect to use it again anytime soon, so I usually wipe the grey RAM in my head of stuff like this to use it otherwise ;) ... anyway, thanks for the explanation. If Paul could put it in his tutorial, I'd guess there would be less questions from us newbs.

well i hope you are sorted out. Guess for most devs, these stuff are just too basic to write a detailed tutorial, or we've joined the party long after the icebreaking part.

Paul's instruction already touched pretty much details, he even included the command line required to flash the insecure boot and superboot.

I mean the devs have done their brilliant part, we just have to do some fair share of self-learning and sharing on our own.

Calling for help on No Space Left~~~Thanks guys!

Guest Kruzkal
So nobody else besides me and Kruzkal has No Space Left problem?

I have since managed to update using a baked ROM.

I am not sure if I need to use fastboot to superboot once as I have the selected the superboot image. N1 torch already working so I suspect not.

EDIT: OK I did have to boot using fastboot boot superboot.img once as the rooted unlocked symbol was missing otherwise at boot up screen.

Edited by Kruzkal

Guest Peter sf
well i hope you are sorted out. Guess for most devs, these stuff are just too basic to write a detailed tutorial, or we've joined the party long after the icebreaking part.

Paul's instruction already touched pretty much details, he even included the command line required to flash the insecure boot and superboot.

Of course - it's the basics we newbs get lost the quickest.

Flashing main seemed to go well, but now my device is trying to boot for 10 minutes (animation) doesn't get over it.

take battery out, got to bootloader, recovery, flash again? What else can I do?

Sorry about all zthis guys, I appreciate your work and your help!

Update - went back to Modaco 1.3, which worked fine...

I guess I Upgrade and bake a complete ROM... ? Was scared to flash the radio anyway, for what I've read that's not forgiving if flashing goes wrong...

Nice Detail are the googleAds I get here about getting rid of hot flashes. I just had them - cold ones and hot ones...

Edited by Peter sf

Guest superwario
Of course - it's the basics we newbs get lost the quickest.

Flashing main seemed to go well, but now my device is trying to boot for 10 minutes (animation) doesn't get over it.

take battery out, got to bootloader, recovery, flash again? What else can I do?

Sorry about all zthis guys, I appreciate your work and your help!

Update - went back to Modaco 1.3, which worked fine...

I guess I Upgrade and bake a complete ROM... ? Was scared to flash the radio anyway, for what I've read that's not forgiving if flashing goes wrong...

Nice Detail are the googleAds I get here about getting rid of hot flashes. I just had them - cold ones and hot ones...

Ok, now i have a problem. I upgraded the radio via the link, and now i cant make incoming/outgoing calls! the signal strength is full but when i make a call, the call automatically end! please help paul!!! I even wiped and then installed the ere27 upgrade and nothing changed, still no calls!

When i upgrade the radio, i restart, brings me back to the recovery screen, and it says formatting cache on the bottom and doesnt go away, so i restart and no calls can be made... any help?

Guest sthoeft

What is better with the new Radio why I want to use this one instead of the old?

Is it possible to flash only the new Radio while having the Cyanogen Beta 4 ROM on the device or better wipe first? (With Win Mobile I could flash a Radio ROM without any concerns for the Main ROM)

Edited by sthoeft

Guest metatron

I just baked including the new radio and Superboot Boot Image 1.1 and flashed over the top of MCR 1.3 with no problems, running very happily.

Paul - I know you are a very busy man, and the work you do here is outstanding, but do you still plan on bringing MCR back ?

Guest superwario
Don't post the same things in multiple topics please superwario.

Have you tried a wipe?

P

I am so sorry paul, i was just freaking out because this is my only phone, it will not happen again.

I did try to wipe, then installed the update and radio and calls still cannot be made.

Is there a way to downgrade the radio? it seems like whatever i do, the radio does not downgrade, even after wipes and recoveries.

If there is any way you can help me out paul, i will donate money to your site if you can help me i am very desperate.

Once again, i apologize sincerely for posting in multiple topics.

I just baked including the new radio and Superboot Boot Image 1.1 and flashed over the top of MCR 1.3 with no problems, running very happily.

Paul - I know you are a very busy man, and the work you do here is outstanding, but do you still plan on bringing MCR back ?

Yes, definitely! ;)

P

Guest AndyCr15

Not to hastle, but I don't know how long these things take... how long does anyone think it will be before we have HighMem for this new update?

I really can tell the difference in speed and would probably prefer to go back to MCR5b4 if it's likely to be a week. If it's likely to be a day, I wont mess about and just wait ;)

Guest Nesousx
I am so sorry paul, i was just freaking out because this is my only phone, it will not happen again.

I did try to wipe, then installed the update and radio and calls still cannot be made.

Is there a way to downgrade the radio? it seems like whatever i do, the radio does not downgrade, even after wipes and recoveries.

If there is any way you can help me out paul, i will donate money to your site if you can help me i am very desperate.

Once again, i apologize sincerely for posting in multiple topics.

You should definitely restore your nandroid backup. I assume you did one, right? Since it is something that is highly recommend anytime you do any "big" change to your device.

Nandroid restore, will restore "regular" image, radio image, settings: everything!

Guest superwario
You should definitely restore your nandroid backup. I assume you did one, right? Since it is something that is highly recommend anytime you do any "big" change to your device.

Nandroid restore, will restore "regular" image, radio image, settings: everything!

Hey, thanks for the reply! I did perform a Nandroid restore, but the radio was still stuck on the new version 32.24XXXXXXX when i went to settings>about>basebandversion

Is there anything else i cam do at all?

Guest Peter sf
it hangs after few seconds during reboot and I need to go back to previus rom.

Exactly the same here.

1. Tried MAIN Upgrade zip, hung at boot.

2. Flashed back to modaco 1.3, everythings fine.

3. Baked complete zip - hangs at boot.

Paul, any ideas?

I just exchanged the SD card yesterday, formatting an 8GB card with 32MB Swap/99MB ext2/rest FAT32. The device then freed up memory (to 20MB) and got A LOT faster - which probably is just the better card, as specially png-files in the gallery loaded in an instant which took minutes with the old card before.

Can it have anything to do with the card, the format etc?

does it make sendse to wipe first?

Guest Nesousx
Hey, thanks for the reply! I did perform a Nandroid restore, but the radio was still stuck on the new version 32.24XXXXXXX when i went to settings>about>basebandversion

Is there anything else i cam do at all?

Ok, that sux...

I thought Nandroid would backup / restore the radio. Looks like it doesn't. You have to find an "old" radio and flash it, I guess. Look at xda if it isn't on Modaco.

I'll have a look as well, and if I have time (today, otherwise later) I will see if I can extract mine (still using the old one) and share it.

Edit: Stupid question. Have you tried to redownload and reflash (radio only, the new one AND with a "full packaged" ERE27 rom)?

Edited by Nesousx

Guest superwario
Ok, that sux...

I thought Nandroid would backup / restore the radio. Looks like it doesn't. You have to find an "old" radio and flash it, I guess. Look at xda if it isn't on Modaco.

I'll have a look as well, and if I have time (today, otherwise later) I will see if I can extract mine (still using the old one) and share it.

thank you so much for your help nesousx,

i really appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this sticky situation!

Guest superwario
Ok, that sux...

thank you so much for your help nesousx,

i really appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this sticky situation!