21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

Guest PaulOBrien

Enabling the full RAM capacity.

P

ohhhhhh himem "high memory" dang... sorry. well that's amazing. I just looked at it, and i've got 250+M free now... I used to top out around 93.... jeez incredible. I'd love to help you guys one day. I'm very far off now though it seems ha. Thanks Paul n Cyanogen and everyone else who helps! =)

Guest superwario

Is anyone else having trouble calling after the radio upgrade?

After the radio upgrade, does it say "restart to finish installation" then take you back to the recovery screen with the words 'formatting cache...' that does not go away and are forced to reboot in order to get to the android home screen?

I just want to know if i am alone in this matter. Im starting to think that its a network problem, because every 1 out of 6-7 calls i make go through, but the others just are silent for about 8 seconds after i hit the call button, then screen says call ended.

Is anyone else having trouble calling after the radio upgrade?

After the radio upgrade, does it say "restart to finish installation" then take you back to the recovery screen with the words 'formatting cache...' that does not go away and are forced to reboot in order to get to the android home screen?

I just want to know if i am alone in this matter. Im starting to think that its a network problem, because every 1 out of 6-7 calls i make go through, but the others just are silent for about 8 seconds after i hit the call button, then screen says call ended.

The formatting cache return is normal behaviour.

P

Guest Joost39

This is the best rom right now - stock 2.1 plus update rom and radio AND root + highmemory 386 MB RAM free.

Now I only need all locales.....or just the Danish one.

i just baked and flashed the ere27 with SU included, without adding the facebook app (coz clearly stated on the page tat's only an app, not the contact sync thing). i tested the newly flashed rom, everything looks fine (the multitouch etc), but the facebook contact sync is missing.

i checked the 'accounts & sync' under setting, i can only add gmails now, without options to add facebook accounts.

problems solved, my bad, just need to install the official FB app.

Edited by Jarude

Guest PhonePersona

Okay, I was kinda tired myself last night.

Woke up and reread everything and it makes sense now.

I've baked up an ERE27 ROM + SuperBoot + HIMEM and I'm flashing now.

Please stand by....

;)

Guest Mantisen

Baked my ROM with Superboot and Highmem.

Flashed it over CM 5 beta 4 + Highmem + Radio update that I did earlier; calendar FC'ed for me like previous people have reported other than that it was just Ti Backup that was whining ;) Was blazing fast though.

There's an easy way around this though so all of you panicking about the ROM being faulty, don't!

I just redid the flashing after a wipe and now everything is working fine, try the same and it will probably work :D

EDIT: Almost forgot to add a big FAT thanks to Paul for getting all of this up so fast :(

EDIT 2: This is weird and funny at the same time, did a full wipe before flashing ERE 27 but when I started my phone my background was a pic of me and my fiancee AND on top of this 4-5 of my apps and games had survived the wipe! (Wiped everything including battery etc.) :D How cool isn't that? :D

Edited by Mantisen

Hi im a noob and N1 is my first android phone. Played with it since bought a week ago, rooted and flashed a custom firmware.

Learnt about the google update (ERE27) this morning and as always, modaco is first place i learnt to look for the update files.

However, I wiped my phone before flashing the main update as i thought a clean install would avoid any possible problems some others on this forum had encountered.

Unfortunately, when i proceeded to flash the main update (update-nexusone-ERE27-signed.zip), i got an error when writing boot:

Writing Boot...
E:No Space left on device
E:Error writing BOOT:
E:Failure at line 69:
write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.[/code]

The phone reboot ok and i got MT in gallery and browser, "About" says build is ERE27. However im still concern something is wrong underneath

need help, thanks!

[EDIT] i reflashed the old stock ERD79 and then tried to flash ERE27 on top of that without wipe. Still got no space error. what is going on....

Really strange, we had that before. If you try and flash the insecure or superboot images, do they work?

P

Really strange, we had that before. If you try and flash the insecure or superboot images, do they work?

P

thanks for your attention. Yeah i used fastboot to flash the insecured image and it flashed fine ( i tested adb remount and worked ).

There is really no way that No space left on the device since i did a wipe....

Kruzkal had the same problem but he seems to have solved it by flashing a baked rom.

Guest Peter sf

Paul, any chance busybox and netfilter will be included in this in the kitchen?

I finally got it to work after wipe.

But titanium - which I wanted to use to recover apps and data - won't work (missing busybox?)

Also, Tethering says netfilters are missing.

Anywho: Thanks a lot for your work!

P

Mine was the same I did a reflash and it failed again, yet when I rebooted, it booted successfully with all the new additions in place.... so it failed yet worked!

Going to leave it now until, we have all Cyanogen's mods and your additions applied to the new Google additions! :-)

Guest Joost39
So you can't enable Danish using morelocales?

P

No, MoreLocales 2 only support/change apps. that are allready supported in Danish - the OS will not change at all.

Cyanogen has all the locales in his 5.0 - works superb.

Edited by Joost39