21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, any chance busybox and netfilter will be included in this in the kitchen?

I finally got it to work after wipe.

But titanium - which I wanted to use to recover apps and data - won't work (missing busybox?)

Also, Tethering says netfilters are missing.

Anywho: Thanks a lot for your work!

Yeah, working on that right now, together with busybox and some other bits.

A MCR addon. ;)

P

No, MoreLocales 2 only support/change apps. that are allready supported in Danish - the OS will not change at all.

Cyanogen has all the locales in his 5.0 - works superb.

Interesting, I wonder where they are held... i.e. do they have to be 'compiled in' or can they be 'retrofitted'.

P

Mine was the same I did a reflash and it failed again, yet when I rebooted, it booted successfully with all the new additions in place.... so it failed yet worked!

Going to leave it now until, we have all Cyanogen's mods and your additions applied to the new Google additions! :-)

Did you wipe before flashing? I know someone wiped and flashed just fine without any problem. I wonder how exactly same devices (after wipe) give different results for same operations.

Ghost in Shell?

Did you wipe before flashing? I know someone wiped and flashed just fine without any problem. I wonder how exactly same devices (after wipe) give different results for same operations.

Ghost in Shell?

No I didn't wipe

Guest kwandds

I flashed this rom before Paul added the highmem option. Everything worked well, but like someone else I couldn't use Titanium. So I flashed one of the CM5-beta4 cooked roms I had done earlier. Now I have CM5-Beta4 with the highmem, WyContacts 1.0, Wired Wifi tether working, and Titanium working. No new features from the update except for the 3D gallery I just flashed on top.

Does this mean that the WyContacts, wired tether, and Titanium could be added to the kitchen?

Guest kevin.knight

N1 info:

unlocked bootloader

rooted with superboot

nothing else done

I'm trying to get the ERE27 update.

I have tried applying the official update (signed-passion-ERE27-from-ERD79.a487b405.zip) and get the following:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

Verifying current system...

assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:2093056:1d155a5be2f8cc6d/cef733f87f3bce97be2c3bd:2101248:e7f20e513e5bd5c30e20670e992092296ee731a0")

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

I have tried the main update from here (update-nexusone-ERE27-signed.zip) and get the following:

E:signature verfication failed

Installation aborted.

Can anyone help?

Guest 7wonders

I used the kitchen with superboot and highmem including radio image. Everything seemed sweet (i.e. the phone is fine, can access apps etc) until I tried to open settings which is giving me FC on the launcher2. Any ideas how to fix?

Guest digitalrio
I just upgraded to Modaco Premium.

My Nexus is Rooted with Factory Room

I baked one with SU root, trying to update the file (75mb) (renamed to update.zip

Geting this error "E: Signature verification failed"

Should I recovery first to non-root and them run this update?

You must have unpacked and repacked the zip file. Try downloading without unpacking. I had the same issue and was able to finally update.

Guest escagelion
N1 info:

unlocked bootloader

rooted with superboot

nothing else done

I'm trying to get the ERE27 update.

I have tried applying the official update (signed-passion-ERE27-from-ERD79.a487b405.zip) and get the following:

Installing update...

Verifying current system...

assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:2093056:1d155a5be2f8cc6d/cef733f87f3bce97be2c3bd:2101248:e7f20e513e5bd5c30e20670e992092296ee731a0")

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

I have tried the main update from here (update-nexusone-ERE27-signed.zip) and get the following:

E:signature verfication failed

Installation aborted.

Can anyone help?

I've got the same here... just try with the two methods and always get error message.

Paul,

Can you please shed some light...

Last night I was able to apply the updates per your OP and this morning applied both the INSECURE and SUPERBOOT IMG files in that order.

I just saw that you applied some more magic and now have a HIMEM SUPERBOOT IMG file that I tried to fastboot, but didn't see any difference in my internal memory "Settings / SD Card & Phone Storage/" Internal phone storage is still showing that I have 60.57MB of Available Space.

I then went back and re-applied the INSECURE IMG, then the SUPERBOOT-HIMEM, but still showing 60MB.

Do I have to go back and re-apply the Radio Update, Main Update and then the Superboot-HIMEM?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The HiMem is for the RAM memory not the ROM

Install a task killer or RAM viewer to see your RAM

Thanks FLT for the clarification!

I see I now have 239MB free mem!

HI, I have a problem here.

I baked a new ROM vith your kitchen and then flashed it into the phone (previously I had cyanogen), BUT... I have no more the keyboard! it does not open and if I keep pushed says "change input method" but no choice! also in settings no clue of the keyb.

I tried to bake several ROM with no result.

right now I performed a wipe, but still no keyb!!!!

help, please............. ;)

Guest Jeremy702
HI, I have a problem here.

I baked a new ROM vith your kitchen and then flashed it into the phone (previously I had cyanogen), BUT... I have no more the keyboard! it does not open and if I keep pushed says "change input method" but no choice! also in settings no clue of the keyb.

I tried to bake several ROM with no result.

right now I performed a wipe, but still no keyb!!!!

help, please............. ;)

I'm seeing the same thing. Installed the 5.0b4 on top of the patched basic ROM. I had installed and removed Sywpe, but it was working before I did the two updates.

Paul - WOW that was a fast response. Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Edited by Jeremy702

Guest Joost39
Interesting, I wonder where they are held... i.e. do they have to be 'compiled in' or can they be 'retrofitted'.

P

Yeah me too - have searched for it - but with no luck.

Guest Nesousx
There seems to be an issue if you uncheck 'Voice Search' - bake with that and i'll resolve it tomorrow! ;)

P

I confirm. I never could get the keyboard to install with "Google voice" unchecked.

There seems to be an issue if you uncheck 'Voice Search' - bake with that and i'll resolve it tomorrow! ;)

P

thanks a lot for your VERY quick answer!!! :D